We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Magic Mushrooms Create a Hyperconnected Brain Options

vovin
#1 Posted : 11/10/2014 12:58:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Magic mushrooms may give users trippy experiences by creating a hyperconnected brain.

The active ingredient in the psychedelic drug, psilocybin, seems to completely disrupt the normal communication networks in the brain, by connecting "brain regions that don't normally talk together," said study co-author Paul Expert, a physicist at King's College London.

http://www.livescience.c...ange-brain-networks.html
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 11/10/2014 1:33:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's very interesting. It's something I had wondered about, as it seemed to do that to a noticeable degree. I think it must be one of the way such novel, and creative thoughts are generated during the experience, and to a lesser extend after the experience. The new connections lead to new thoughts, and potentially deeper understanding. Maybe the overall brain function appears lower, because it is operating at increased efficiency?

I can't wait to see more studies. The psychedelics will likely open a whole new way of looking at the brain, and may prove invaluable to understanding ourselves. But then, that last bit we already knew about in this community, didn't we? Wink
Be an adult only when necessary.

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 11/10/2014 4:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It can make colors seem oversaturated and dissolve the boundaries between objects.
But the drug also seems to have more long-lasting effects. Many people report intensely spiritual experiences while taking the drug, and some studies even suggest that one transcendent trip can alter people's personalities on a long-term basis, making those individuals more open to new experiences and more appreciative of art, curiosity and emotion.
People who experiment with psilocybin "report it as one of the most profound experiences they've had in their lives, even comparing it to the birth of their children,"

The boundary dissolving effects(coverage) are at play once again. Wink

I feel mushrooms have enhanced / improved my perception of what it means to be alive, and I'm sure many can conclude to that, here. The DMN(default mode network) is largely inhibited during psilocin experiences..which therefore(and interestingly enough) broadens the available connections we aren't normally perceiving. Without that network functioning the way it is supposed to, we are subjected to mystical insight. However, no damage is taken place.

I think the DFM is a very peculiar brain region and could definitely opt for new research regarding these compounds / experiences.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.