We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oral Acacia Confusa (Formosahuasca) Dosage - very high numbers popping up Options

DesykaLamgeenie
#1 Posted : 11/8/2014 2:56:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's well known that some ACRB has a much lower/higher alkaloid content than others...and I think if someone is serious about this endeavor - oral ACRB/MAOI - that the depth of their research should reveal common dosage information for quality ACRB...but with 2 threads written as instructions recently popping up which speak of very high ACRB doses, should there be a sticky made that covers the basics of oral dosage? (as well as possibly a sticky about not jumping into the teacher/instructor position too quickly? ...kidding...sort of...)

The 2 threads:

Acacia Confusa not active without MAOI

Quote:
So 25gs acacia whole pieces and 3gs rue are put into a blender whole.

Quote:
20gs is a solid dose with 3g rue.

Quote:
For a good healthy therapeutic experience 20g ACRB 3g rue made into a tea will do the trick.

My Formosahuasca 'True Brew"

Quote:
INGREDIENTS:

Acacia Confusa root bark (140g)
Syrian Rue (18g)

Quote:
That is for four doses...35g dried AC with 4.5g of Syrian Rue per dose. I'm a bit bigger than most people which is why I use the larger dosage. I am actually now starting to use upwards of 50g per dose, but I didn't want to put that in the post as most people tend to be in the 130-230lbs range and I don't like giving people dosage guidelines.

Like I said, someone who is serious about this and has done their research should probably already know that there must be something amiss with doses like this - whether it's the quality of bark, method of preparation, etc. But...we all know there are people who don't/won't do the research, and could procure some high quality ACRB and go off of information like this..and wind up biting off a WHOLE lot more than they, or most anyone, can chew. And this may not just be a rough night in their bedroom - it could be much more serious, with law enforcement and/or paramedics involved. On rather low doses of pharma/formo I've gone through things that had me being very vocal and loud - in a way that surely would have concerned the neighbors had I not made an exit to the country where I could make all the noise I wanted.

A novice ingesting 14-35g of properly prepared and administered high quality ACRB could be much more serious.

This is to see what others think about this situation. I rarely make threads, or posts even...but this caught my eye. Though I know we can't completely avoid things like this, I wonder if some steps should be taken.

Such as: a sticky that covers the basics of oral dosage information, as well as the fact that certain barks will differ in alkaloid content - sometimes greatly - and that experimentation is important - starting low, and working your way up until you know where your bark stands.

Part of me wants to just let the pieces fall where they may. Ya know, if you don't do the research and experimentation on something of this nature, then I guess ya had it coming.

Another part of me is concerned about the quality of information being spread, and people who decide they're ready to write instructions far before they're ready to write safe, solid, reliable instructions.

Thoughts?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Old Crow
#2 Posted : 11/8/2014 3:06:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes, my my..Stop

If you have good Acacia root bark 5g with 3g of rue can get you rather deep, that's if you brew it well.

I have seen ACRB weak and strong and in some cases 15gr can be more like 5gr or the other way round?

Moral of the story, if you have never done this and do 20g of potent acacia for the first time ever, like you never done this before, all I can say is to remember you will be ok, but you will.. think.. for what feels like an eternity... that your goose has been cooked.

I made this mistake a few times with ac that was far stronger than I anticipated....and I know what I'm doing,... but it can hit you hard when you think it's going to be... a nice little trip!! If that was my first time out, I can't imagine what I would have done.

Respect the brew, we warned you... and it's no joke!

This should be a sticky, and what to do when the trip seems like it's never going to end and your mind is evaporating.. just remember to breath, it will pass, but you will think you're going to die.

DesykaLamgeenie
#3 Posted : 11/8/2014 3:09:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DesykaLamgeenie wrote:
It's well known that some ACRB has a much lower/higher alkaloid content than others

To clarify this - maybe ACRB does not in fact vary that much, and some people are actually getting trunk bark, bark that is not in fact ACRB, bark from dead trees, I don't know - I just know that I've read a lot about people's supposed ACRB not yielding anywhere near what quality ACRB should, or of the extract being rather inactive relative to the nature of DMT from a quality extraction - and, of course, of oral ingestion taking something like 20g to have a very light experience. (as in first thread I linked to above)

I also want to mention that I mean no offense to either creator of the 2 threads I linked to above. It's just that if they had done a decent amount of research, it would be obvious to them that there is something amiss with their doses, and they could have mentioned something about this in their instructions. Since they did not, I assume they are unaware. And if they are unaware, then IMO, they shouldn't be writing instructions. Experience reports, sure. But instructions, no.

Old Crow
#4 Posted : 11/8/2014 3:22:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know what you are saying about root bark and trunk bark and that is a good point too. But people will order from vendors as I do, and I do find that what was suppose to be root bark is more like trunk bark, and perhaps the other way around? I get what looks like bark and I grind it up and brew it, and I have had some very different effects.

The thing is you don't know what you're getting all the time so you need to start light with root bark and your unknown batch potency?

And many people order from vendors and don't go out and peel their own? And many don't truly know what they are toying with, I have experienced this mistake.

I think it's a healthy warning.

DesykaLamgeenie
#5 Posted : 11/8/2014 4:50:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the input Old Crow. I don't particularly like feeling like I'm trying to police the situation, but, I felt something should be said.

Old Crow
#6 Posted : 11/8/2014 7:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know, I went and read the posts you pulled up and you are right. I think to make the point very clear, if you have good ROOT BARK 5gr with 3gr of rue can be a very strong experience, but OK.

The thing is potency can vary and your root bark might just be more like truck bark and if that is the case 20g is like 5g. My first experiments with AC was trunk bark that the vendor said was root bark. It was not very potent. Then I got some good root bark and I was way over my head with it thinking it would be about the same.

It's a good thing I had experience with going deep and I just rode it out, but for a newbie it can become a trip to the hospital. Nobody want's that.

BundleflowerPower
#7 Posted : 11/26/2014 11:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experience with root bark and trunk bark. With the material I had, 5 g was a solid dose of either. I've done oral dmt over 30 times now and I can't imagine taking 20 or 30 grams! The highest I've ever gone is 10 and that was immensely powerful.

some one
#8 Posted : 12/12/2014 12:54:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT & Harmalas: Dosages and administration (oral, smoking dmt, sublingual, snorting, etc..)

Quote:

2.2 Formosahuasca

Formosahuasca is a brew made of Asacia Confusa as the active DMT plant. It is also known as Chinahuasca or Asian ayahuasca. There are reports that Confusa may have a traditional history of use as an entheogen by the original peoples of Taiwan. Today it is currently used in Chinese medicine with whispers that the old herbalists know that it can take one to another world.

Preparation

Take 1/2 tbsp whole Syrian rue seeds. Grind into powder and steep in 3 washes of boiling water (no cooking, no evaporation). Take 1 tbsp (= 9 grams) ground Acacia confusa root bark, also steep in 3 washes of boiling water (no cooking, no evaporation). An other option is to use Muricata instead of Rue. These are said to go very well together (to be called Taohuasca).

Administration

You may drink the Rue first, 20-30 minutes later the Acacia brew. If the brew isn't potent enough, try eating something. If still not potent, use 1.5 tbsp (= 12 grams) of Acacia instead. Note that Acacia can also be consumed without a RIMA.

Dosage

Acacia: light 7g, moderate 12g, strong 20g. With 1/2 tbsp Rue.

Note: It is possible to use Acacia without RIMA. The dosages are higher for effects to be felt.

Effect

A big dose can go from a very deep experience, hard to handle, scary entry phases, suffering.. To extremely blissful state of peace and harmony. Exceeding the moderate dosage is not recommended.
some = one | here = some | there = one

starway6
#9 Posted : 12/12/2014 4:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I have experience with root bark and trunk bark. With the material I had, 5 g was a solid dose of either. I've done oral dmt over 30 times now and I can't imagine taking 20 or 30 grams! The highest I've ever gone is 10 and that was immensely powerful.

When you say oral dmt are you meaning acacia confusa dmt?

[[[[When you said 5gr do you mean powdered root bark..or 5 gr of extracted product?]]]

As a first oral trip would 3 and a half grams of powdered quality root bark be enough to give a noticable experiance??

Jees
#10 Posted : 12/15/2014 11:16:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

[[[[When you said 5gr do you mean powdered root bark..or 5 gr of extracted product?]]]

As a first oral trip would 3 and a half grams of powdered quality root bark be enough to give a noticable experiance??

I'm sure that mentioned 5 gr is wood, no extract.

About 3,5 well brewed*** ACRB, why not, for first time oral this is carefully checking out things, if not psychotropic stormy it will be therapeutic for sure, delivering a certain deep vibe.
Nothing wrong with stunt pilots diving wild as it's their go, but they are not necessarily examples. Going slow, step by step, taking time, gradually, that has something too.
Take care.

***: as fine as possible material boiled looong enough in acidic water.

starway6
#11 Posted : 12/15/2014 4:38:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
starway6 wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

I'm sure that mentioned 5 gr is wood, no extract.

About 3,5 well brewed*** ACRB, why not, for first time oral this is carefully checking out things, if not psychotropic stormy it will be therapeutic for sure, delivering a certain deep vibe.
Nothing wrong with stunt pilots diving wild as it's their go, but they are not necessarily examples. Going slow, step by step, taking time, gradually, that has something too.
Take care.

***: as fine as possible material boiled looong enough in acidic water.

Thanks for response..
Ok if i were to acid boil 3 and a half grams of ..good..acrb .
Then powder and boil [caapi vine]..would this work?
Concidering I dont have any rue..just using some caapi vine..how much caapi vine powder..
[vine is stronger than caapi leafe i think]
For a very light experiance.. how much caapi vine with the three and a half grms of acrb would work?

Jees
#12 Posted : 12/16/2014 9:15:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Starway6: see PM as it deviates the topic.

BundleflowerPower
#13 Posted : 12/31/2014 6:26:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

I've used acacia confusa, desmanthus and chacruna so far. As far as acacia, I use shredded root or stem bark. Powder seems to make filtering difficult. For me acacia is the easiest plant to work with as far as light goes, and the NMT content makes for a different experience, I notice my vision is enhanced noticeably for weeks afterward.