We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it ok to reduce the basified MHRB solution? Options

steppa
#1 Posted : 11/5/2014 4:59:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a basified MHRB mix sitting arround here. I did some pulls on it, but am sure that ther's still magic in there. Would it hurt the magic if I'd reduce the mix to a lower volume by using heat? ...basically I mean...cooking it down?

What I want to try is if less pulls are needed if the liquid solution is more concentrated. I somehow think that the reducing should have taken place during the acidifying stage, but I'm not sure why I think this.

Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 11/5/2014 5:09:09 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Do not reduce the basified solution, it will bubble and froth like crazy, presenting a rather hazardous situation. Reducing should be done during the acidic stage.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

steppa
#3 Posted : 11/5/2014 5:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha...sometimes it's good to ask. Thank you.

I have citric acid and muriatic acid, could/should I re-acidify it?

expandaneum
#4 Posted : 11/5/2014 6:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

x
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

steppa
#5 Posted : 11/5/2014 6:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

expandaneum wrote:
you can, but depending on the amount of lye you will need a lot of acid, witch ads to the volume, better pull a couple of times with xylene or dcm (add the dcm and leave on a stirrer for a day or two) and then salt the dcm out with vinegar water.

Sounds like a good plan to get all the goodies out.

But this isn't my (only) intention here. The thing is, that I want to practice. I want to see the results of heavily reducing the solution, then pull whith excess naphta and then a mini a/b.

I thought another extraction would be a good base for just practicing and seeing what happens. It's not.

Maybe I'll do it anyways.

DreaMTripper
#6 Posted : 11/6/2014 1:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOuld it be potentially hazardous to reduce a basified solution if sodium carbonate was the base used?

intosamadhi
#7 Posted : 11/6/2014 5:37:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've reduced a basic solution when attempting the poor mans tek. It didn't reduce very much because there you have a layer of oil on top which prevents the vapour from coming off easily, but it should work. I used sodium carb as the base. You just need to keep the heat really really low and monitor it. I think the risk of destroying the actives is minimal unless you bring it up to boil. just my 2c :-)

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/6/2014 8:30:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont do it, as snozz said.

If you feel there is still DMT there, add some more base and pull with xylene, toluene or limonene. This will let you get the remaining alkaloids in a much safer way than reducing a basic solution.

steppa
#9 Posted : 11/6/2014 8:51:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Dont do it, as snozz said.

If you feel there is still DMT there, add some more base and pull with xylene, toluene or limonene. This will let you get the remaining alkaloids in a much safer way than reducing a basic solution.

Thanks again.

I won't reduce the basic solution. I'll try to re-acidify it and go from there. Just for gathering some empirical knowledge. And to test my new PH meter. *g*

soulfood
#10 Posted : 11/6/2014 5:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Do not reduce the basified solution, it will bubble and froth like crazy, presenting a rather hazardous situation. Reducing should be done during the acidic stage.

Just to double and triple stress this point as posts with the same question have come up before and will come up again...

I once did this... and when the phrase bubbling like crazy is used...

well, taking it off the heat does not stop the bubbling. Not in a short enough amount of time anyway. The solution will maintain the heat for a lot longer than regular water on the boil and will not stop bubbling until the temperature goes down again...

It's really awful!

null24
#11 Posted : 11/6/2014 5:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Well, there you have it. I have had this same ? in the murky past. Thanks, soulfood, i was kinda scratching my head for a bit. '' Unsafe? Now isn't that a little extreme? ''
NOW i understand.
Grazi.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*