We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
WTF in Kentucky Options

Jumiem
#1 Posted : 8/12/2009 7:07:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=10818777

KEVIL, KY (KFVS) - A man was shot and killed in McCracken County after police say he tried to break into a family's home around 2:00 a.m.

The family woke to the sound of the alarm system, indicating the door to the attached garage had been opened. The homeowner went outside to investigate, when he heard his wife inside screaming.

He ran back into the home where his wife told him the intruder, later identified as 18-year-old Andrew Caleb Barnett, was inside their attached garage attempting to get into the home through a wooden door with a window, according to police. The homeowner reportedly yelled several times that he had a gun, telling Barnett not to come inside. However, Barnett continued to make advances toward the man. Police say the homeowner fired one shot at Barnett, hitting him in the arm, and going into his chest area. Barnett apparently fell to the floor but got back up fighting the homeowner, at one point, biting him in the arm.

The fight continued through the home and eventually back into the garage. When police arrived they arrested Barnett and transported him to Western Baptist Hospital for the gunshot, but he ultimately died.

The McCracken County Police Department reports the 18-year-old was under the influence of Psilocybin Mushrooms, or "Magic Mushrooms" as they're called on the street, and thought he was inside his own home. At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad".

Police located four people who apparently provided the drugs to Barnett and arrested them. They were identified as 19-year-old Taylor Thompson of West Paducah, 19-year-old Zachary Rodgers of Kevil, 18-year-old Ryan Bridges of West Paducah and 18-year-old Kristen Mohler of Kevil.

Additional charges are possible as the investigation continues. Charges against the homeowner are not expected.

©2009 KFVS. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

[oops I redistributed it]
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 8/12/2009 8:43:55 PM

The Great Namah

Nice....not everyone needs to try psycadelics.

I bet they find out he was on more than just mushrooms though...that sounds like PCP to me.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Jumiem
#3 Posted : 8/12/2009 8:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Imagine you over shot your dose of mush. 5 minutes after you ate them you already hear an extremely loud buzzing in your ear. Ten minutes later everything in your visual field is a flurry of shit happening you can't tell the difference between a mail box and a TV set. Its not your fault every house on the block and every street in the neighborhood looks like the same kind of helpless pudding and every minute that passes all you know is that the sooner you get home the safer you will be. At that point and in that kind of position its really nobodies fault. It can easily be seen as an honest mistake. I've over shot my self too and barely made it home in time to collapse on the floor.

I've also walked into the wrong house while sober and visiting a relatives house in neighborhood where all the houses looked the same.

richierich_931
#4 Posted : 8/13/2009 12:15:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's awful for it to happen like that. Only 18...

"Barnett apparently fell to the floor but got back up fighting the homeowner"
I would have literally shat in my pants if someone just got up and bit me on the arm after i shot them.

Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 8/13/2009 12:37:06 AM

John Murdoch IV

This is sad but something like this is just an accident. Ho many people wander drunk into traffic and get hit by a speeding car. You can even just be sober and die in an accident.
But the sad thing is people don't look at this like that. They just look at shrooms at a very dangerous and evil drug Sad
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

balaganist
#6 Posted : 8/13/2009 12:52:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeh really sad .. and another example of the fucked up gun culture in the US. I would also be freaked out if some random kid was trying to get into my house, but if he was shouting 'Dad' u know something is up... that is manslaughter in my book... people need to wise up and not think that such violent reactions are ok because it was "self defense". bullshit. but yeh cos shrooms are involved it then becomes the shrooms fault! :-/
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 8/13/2009 1:13:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Shrooms would not make me break into someone's house. If anything, they'd make me run away from it.

I remember I way overshot a dose once. I ended up just sitting down on a bench in a quiet car park until I could remember how everything worked again. Granted I had a strong second wave on the way home as a result of which the police found me by the road, probably drooling or something. They just took my name and address, asked what I had taken and drove me home. They were really nice people. But the last thing I'd do in that situation is walk into my parents house... too much to explain with inefficent equipment.

I second that he was on something else. Above all though this chap sounded quite inexperienced.

Guns are wrong.

Jumiem
#8 Posted : 8/13/2009 5:16:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I second that he was on something else. Above all though this chap sounded quite inexperienced.

Guns are wrong.

It would be a mistake to underestimate how powerful and reality destroying mushrooms on their very own can be. Its also justifiable that the gun was used to force the intruder to stop advancing. If someone came at me saying daddy in the night I would only hope that the law permits me to shoot them in the face. In ordinary circumstances a gun will keep an open space between you and someone who means you harm.

burnt
#9 Posted : 8/13/2009 7:58:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yea this really is a tragedy. Normally I am all for shooting criminals breaking into your house with knives and guns to rob you but this was just a confused kid. Terrible for the parents and friends of the kid and even for the shooter he must feel so guilty after realizing the kid was just messed up. I do think firing a gun was a bit over the top if it was just some kid who could have easily been taken down, who wasn't armed, and who was obviously totally confused.

Mushrooms are capable of making people this confused. So is alcohol though.

One lessen for people to learn here is not to sell or give psychedelics to just anybody. Especially such high doses. Things like this can happen and you can wind up going to jail for it not the guy who shot your friend.

breakMYhead
#10 Posted : 8/13/2009 9:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
One lessen for people to learn here is not to sell or give psychedelics to just anybody. Especially such high doses. Things like this can happen and you can wind up going to jail for it not the guy who shot your friend.

so true. my friend hates the idea of giving anything to anyone apart from a few of his close travelling companions.

sadly this will be another example to tar psychedelics with... to bring up when there's a debate about them...

"did you hear about the boy from kentucky? he took so called 'magic' mushrooms, they sent him CRAZY! he entered a strangers house, encountered the owner who after warning the boy away, shot him... he then GOT UP and proceeding to BITE the homeowner!!!..." etc. etc. etc.

i post on behalf of a good friend.