We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Dr. Strassmans dmt documentary Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 8/11/2009 3:38:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure some of you have been keeping up with the progress of Rick Strassman's documentary "The Spirit Molecule" and i'm sure many of you have read his two books.

Some of you might have gotten the email from Mitch Schultz (director of the film)....that they are still in post production and recently got a significant push from a recent investor.

Bottom line is that we are all here for the same reason..... support of the spirit molecule and further study and experiments with this sacrament.

His documentary will help educate the public to the benefits of DMT.He is still in major need of funding and i was thinking.....since we've become the largest Forum that supports dmt, why not collectively help his efforts.

We have about 2,500 registered members even if 10% of us, ( 250 ) donated $10 that would raise $2,500 for the cause.

I don't know how the logistics would work....either everyone individually make a donation but i think in would be cool if they could get a donation from "DMT-NEXUS" collectively.

Anyone have any idea of how this could be done.....mabey someone could start a paypal account and pool the funds together and somehow make the donation that way.

I just believe in the power of numbers (2,500 members) and i also think it would be cool if they got a donation from the members of dmt nexus.

Any thoughts??
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 8/11/2009 3:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good idea. I like the sound of a joint paypal account. Perhaps The Traveler could then forward the community donation.

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 8/11/2009 3:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll pm him and see what he thinks.... any other idea's are welcome.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Dwhitty76
#4 Posted : 8/11/2009 5:39:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess no one else thinks it's a good idea. Sad

mattimus
#5 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

we would lose a lot of it through paypal fees, there must be a better way
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

Dwhitty76
#6 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:09:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good point....i forget what the fee's are and how much $ we'd lose, but the point is if we can somehow pool the funds, and someone like trveler or one of the other mods. send the contribution to cottonwood research on behlaf of "the nexus".

Mabey just send money orders or whatever.... any idea's, anyone??

Do people feel that this is a good cause ??? Enough to help strassman out ?? I do.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:17:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Sure. I'm in.

balaganist
#8 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Sure. I'm in.

+1
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

۩
#9 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:23:07 PM

I would donate if I knew it wasn't going to be filled with stories of alien rape and experimentation.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:46:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im in (until my bank account goes 0 again... be quick) Smile

TheNtt
#11 Posted : 8/11/2009 6:51:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
I would donate if I knew it wasn't going to be filled with stories of alien rape and experimentation.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you bring this up.
If it has happened to someone on DMT why wouldn't we (or the documentary) talk about it?

That's like me saying,
I would donate if I knew it wasn't going to be filled with stories of ۩'s experiences.

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 8/11/2009 9:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:

Just to clear up some false notions of where and what the donations are for...might i suggest visiting this site : http://cottonwoodresearc...rg/Ongoing_Projects.html , so you can understand that they are trying to further the development of psychedelic research.....rather than someone's psychedelic fantasy?

Back to the point.....it sound's like some people are interested in making a small contribution, and it can be done individually but it would be cool if it came from dmt nexus.

The next question is how to pool the $, so one person could make the donation on behalf of this beauitiful forum....it shouldn't be that difficult.

I think traveler would be the best candidate, depending on whether or not he wants to take on that responsibility.....he already does a lot, or if mabey one of the other mods. is o.k. with taking the funds to donate.

Then we can send a pm to all our members (except ron Laughing ) , giving them the option to contribute and we can get a tally of how much we raised......for the cause.

Some of you might recall the good job we did "collectively" at banning or flagging these irresponable kids, filming themselves getting high on youtube or showing other kids how to extract.

power in numbers !!

Dwhitty76
#13 Posted : 8/11/2009 10:13:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is an interview with the director of the movie and he gives a good idea of what to expect from the film.

http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/

MagikVenom
#14 Posted : 8/11/2009 10:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am up for this.

The guy in Sprint Molocule who had the experance with the rape by lizard men was a lightweight whos only experience with psychedelics was with E, Strassman said his application was over looked and he never should have included him in the study.

So DMT kicked his ass real good he had no business being in a research program for experienced users of course he nearly ran away after his first dose and Strassman was not upset because it was a mistake of the mans ego thinking he was ready and his paperwork was also overlooked. Strassman said he never would have allowed him to participate in the experement if he had not overlooked the application.

So maybe they need to tighten up the experemental safe guards and have set screening and ego screeaning more consistently.

And yes as much of a pioneer as Leary was he set us all back, I hate to admit possibly by 20 or 30 years. So let none of us forget the lessons of the past, or the informal expermments of the past it you will.

To proceed we need a open informed mind with out constraints but with TIGHT CONTROLS.

PEACE
MV

EDIT I am not sure about Rogan he hosts the Ultimate Mixed martial arts cage matches that is his pop culture icon the public will see it as crazy nonsense. (no more learys please)

Harbinger
#15 Posted : 8/11/2009 11:05:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would donate for sure! Great idea!
Give the spice a little smile... and cross the veil in style.

Bill Cipher
#16 Posted : 8/12/2009 3:52:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps Traveler could set up a Donate Here button somewhere on the home page. I would think $10 from enough members would probably cover a few nights in an editing bay.

WSaged
#17 Posted : 8/12/2009 4:10:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
The guy in Sprint Molocule who had the experance with the rape by lizard men was a lightweight whos only experience with psychedelics was with E, Strassman said his application was over looked and he never should have included him in the study.

Keep in mind these guys were doing the experiments in a average hospital room, just down the hall from the main nursing station too...loud, intrusive, unsettling-setting to say the least.

Not only that...if I remember correctly, they had anal thermometers in most, if not all the participants too!!Embarrased
Talk about a (cold) bad-rape-trip...Geez!!

Those two issue in mind, plus the fact that you would have a strange doctor & two nurses staring at you the whole time & the noise of the heart monitor, etc...it's a surprise anyone had a positive experience as far as I'm concerned!!!
If I remember correctly, I think Dr. Strassmans mentioned these variable in his book too.

So you can't blame this guy too much! Wink

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwhitty76
#18 Posted : 8/12/2009 4:39:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Perhaps Traveler could set up a Donate Here button somewhere on the home page. I would think $10 from enough members would probably cover a few nights in an editing bay.

I agree.....it's just a matter of setting up an account and we could send money order's if paypal has too many fee's.

I haven't heard back from traveler, but i would easily send $10.....we could have the donation thing go on for a month or so...to give people time to respond or come up with a couple bucks and we could keep a tally of how much we raised.

Based on the interview with Mitch Schultz..... it doesn't sound like the movie is going to be a take on strassmans book but a collection of interviews.

I'm real eager to see it.

I would volunteer to have an account for the funds, (just to get it going) but i think it would probably be most appropriate for traveler to make that descision.

jamie
#19 Posted : 8/12/2009 5:44:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

warrensaged wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

Keep in mind these guys were doing the experiments in a average hospital room, just down the hall from the main nursing station too...loud, intrusive, unsettling-setting to say the least.

Not only that...if I remember correctly, they had anal thermometers in most, if not all the participants too!!Embarrased
Talk about a (cold) bad-rape-trip...Geez!!

Those two issue in mind, plus the fact that you would have a strange doctor & two nurses staring at you the whole time & the noise of the heart monitor, etc...it's a surprise anyone had a positive experience as far as I'm concerned!!!
If I remember correctly, I think Dr. Strassmans mentioned these variable in his book too.

So you can't blame this guy too much! Wink

WS

...so..did strassman ever dose himself?..prob not or a better locale would be chosen..

Under those conditions listed above I would say that those experiments are worthless..Part of the benifit of spice and aya is relaxation..and a meditive mindset of sorts I guess you could say.. when a study like this is done, it really cant say much about the reality of aya, DMT, mushrooms or any entheogen in the way most use it here..I would not be able to relax and meditate with a thermometre in my ass, or strange nurses walking around checking my vital signs every 30 seconds..let alone relax into any sort of trip! Those participants are damn brave! I dont blame the guy for freaking out...

I also kinda think that it's a bit biased to only use experienced psychonaughts..I think it would be more interesting to see how everyday people react, both experienced and non experienced...becasue the ones who have used psychs already may have heard of DMT and terrence mckenna and such..so it would be interesting to see how they're experiences matched up with the ones of the complete newbs..

I think that strassman should just dose himself if he hasnt already before he goes any farther..so at least he know what he is giving others.
Long live the unwoke.

WSaged
#20 Posted : 8/12/2009 6:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I also kinda think that it's a bit biased to only use experienced psychonaughts..I think it would be more interesting to see how everyday people react, both experienced and non experienced...becasue the ones who have used psychs already may have heard of DMT and terrence mckenna and such..so it would be interesting to see how they're experiences matched up with the ones of the complete newbs..

Well, that's another thing, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that he did purposely choose experienced & inexperienced participants...the study would not have been very legit if he hadn't.

fractal enchantment wrote:
...so..did strassman ever dose himself?..prob not or a better locale would be chosen..

That's a good question! And I think your right, it's pretty clear he hadn't experienced DMT himself before doing those experiments. (ouch!)
I gotta think he's tried it by now though, I mean seems he is one dedicated dude!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

123NEXT