We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Yopo extraction photos Options

Garulfo
#1 Posted : 8/11/2009 2:34:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found some photos on the Web that could be good illustrations for a yopo extraction, a story told by a friend named SWIM.

He took 114 g of yopo seeds, and mix them with 114 g of carbonate SODIUM [edit] and a bit of water to make a paste, placed in a jar.
He waited 24 h and added some acetone in the jar. Acetone was filtrered and pour in a big flat glass countainer.

Garulfo attached the following image(s):
yopo1.jpg (32kb) downloaded 1,162 time(s).
yopo2.jpg (125kb) downloaded 1,154 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ibeing897
#2 Posted : 8/11/2009 2:56:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep, SWIMs looked the same
all posts are fictional

jamie
#3 Posted : 8/11/2009 4:21:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I had that as well..it was dry and kinda flaky once I scaped it up..I than dissolved it once again in 99% iso, and let some of the crud fall to the bottom and decanted..this yielded an orangey yellow sticky goo..I mixed a tiny bit of powdered cappi in to get a more powdery consistancy..
its been sitting in a little vial for a couple of weeks, havent tested it yet..but I want to try another tek to get something purer..
Long live the unwoke.

balaganist
#4 Posted : 8/11/2009 10:30:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Wanna order some more of them seeds sooon... if anyone knows of a good supplier in EU atm PM me plez! Maya?
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 8/11/2009 11:22:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What SWIM found interresting is that the crude extract naturally makes that nice motif with dark parts of sticky tar and light parts that are much more dry solid. The sticky tar was weighted at 7.88 g which means almost 7% yield of crude extract. Dlimonene tek will probably be used to purify the tar.

soulfood
#6 Posted : 8/11/2009 11:46:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Next time I extract from anadenthera sp. I'm going to base, dry, rinse with acetone, evap, then boil the remainder in xylene and see how that works. Hopefully if the xylene does the trick that should eliminate the need for an A/B defat and these are some damn fatty seeds most of the time.

I've had serious issues with using d-limonene on these seeds. Watching your light tan crystals turn to black goo in the space of an hour is a kick in the nuts. Plus if you do repeat d-limo boils you'll get a buildup of impurities... in my experience anyway.

69ron
#7 Posted : 8/11/2009 12:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The xylene boil is definitely more successful than a d-limonene boil. Using xylene was the only way SWIM could get 99% pure bufotenine from his amber goo (obtained from a thorough double A/B which ended up as amber goo).

When SWIM did a d-limonene boil on his pure bufotenine (which was totally clean, no nausea, no head tension, etc.), it went from white to brown and the potency dropped. I think it burnt a little and some of the d-limonene impurities also burnt and became part of it.

I think the main toxin in these seeds is actually bufotenine N-oxide. I think this is what causes the head pressure and the nausea. And doing a xylene boil eliminates it. Basically you boil the goo for about 5 minutes in xylene. The bufotenine becomes soluble in the boiling xylene and the other nauseating crap doesn't and sinks to the bottom. Then you pour off the clear xylene while hot into another container leaving all the brown amber goo at the bottom of the xylene behind. The decanted xylene cools down and tiny white bufotenine crystals form. They are very tiny, and might have a slight yellow tint to them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Garulfo
#8 Posted : 8/11/2009 12:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Watching your light tan crystals turn to black goo in the space of an hour is a kick in the nuts.

Sure, that's sad but that probably does'nt affect the potency of the product ?

Quote:
Plus if you do repeat d-limo boils you'll get a buildup of impurities...

Maybe because it is boiled in a wide open jar ? So the most volatil compounds evaporate and leave the heavier ones boil after boil ?

soulfood
#9 Posted : 8/12/2009 12:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Garulfo wrote:
Quote:
Watching your light tan crystals turn to black goo in the space of an hour is a kick in the nuts.

Sure, that's sad but that probably does'nt affect the potency of the product ?

20mg's gave barely threshold effects. Just very light CEV's for about 10 minutes.

Garulfo wrote:
Quote:
Plus if you do repeat d-limo boils you'll get a buildup of impurities...

Maybe because it is boiled in a wide open jar ? So the most volatil compounds evaporate and leave the heavier ones boil after boil ?

When I was using limonene I didn't boil it, but just let it get to around 155C in a 50ml beaker with a foil covering and out of 35ml of limonene I only lost 5ml.

Garulfo
#10 Posted : 8/12/2009 1:26:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, you convinced SWIM to use xylene instead Dlimo althought it seems so nasty Pleased

soulfood
#11 Posted : 8/12/2009 1:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't convinced myself... this thread has resparked my interest in bufo and I found this thread:

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=2896

Did anyone find out if the MEK:heptane thing yielded 95% pure crystals without defatting with DCM beforehand?

Xylene really is a last resort for me... there really isn't an extension chord long enough to get this stuff far enough away from where I sleep.

soulfood
#12 Posted : 8/12/2009 1:45:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
SWIM has found this method is much better than boiling xylene...boiling xylene is stinky and slightly dangerous(fire) and hes been ahving a hard time getting nice decent crystals..but the MEK:heptane is always white as snow

69ron
#13 Posted : 8/12/2009 8:25:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The xylene boil and the MEK:heptane tricks are SWIM’s own discoveries. He knows them both very well. The xylene works BETTER. The d-limonene boil is worse. It introduces a lot of impurities.

If you can’t stand xylene, and I don’t blame you, then use the MEK:heptane trick. The ratio of MEK:heptate is 2:3. You don’t boil it. You just dissolve your goo in it and mix it thoroughly. Bufotenine is soluble in this but bufotenine N-Oxide is not. I believe bufotenine N-Oxide is the crap that causes the nausea and tension. After mixing thoroughly you then pour off the MEK:heptane and leave the undissolved goo behind. You can then either evaporate the MEK:heptane, or boil it down. Boiling it down about 50% and then evaporating it produces the best crystals.

For details about those pics see this thread:

Name that crystal
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#14 Posted : 8/12/2009 8:31:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason the xylene boil is better is because it precipitates the bufotenine when it cools down. You don’t evaporate it. You just cool it down overnight and crystals form. All the oils and most other crap stays in the xylene. This is not so with the MEK:heptane trick, in which case all the oils stay in the solvent and end up stuck to your crystals if they are preset. So that’s why the xylene boil is a far better purification step.

With either trick, you're Yopo goo needs to be pretty pure to begin with or you won't get crystals.

The xylene boil gives very tiny crystals. They almost look like sand.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 8/12/2009 12:12:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have seeds that are very high in toxins, but do contain a fair bit of bufotenine also, would repeated xylene boils do the trick? Or is there somethign that the xylene can't remove?

69ron
#16 Posted : 8/12/2009 12:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM never tried a xylene boil on an impure extract. I assume it would still work very well, as long as the extract is freebased first. If the extract is not freebased, then it won't work.

Garulfo
#17 Posted : 8/12/2009 1:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried the MEK+naphta and althought he get some decent extract (not that much side effects), it was FAR from the awesome crystal pics posted by Ron.
SWIM will try xylene soon on a very crude extract.

soulfood
#18 Posted : 8/12/2009 2:36:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone clue me up on the best tools and conditions to use when boiling xylene? When I was using limonene I just popped it in a conventional oven in a beaker. Obviously with xylene this isn't possible. Do the fumes behave like limonene fumes? I have no fume hood so this will definately happen outside.

I guess what I'm asking is what's the safest and most efficent way to boil xylene?

Garulfo
#19 Posted : 8/13/2009 1:41:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For boiling xylene, SWIM said me that he use a usual jam jar placed in a oil bath.
The oil is warmed on a electric plate, outside of course. The oil can be heated much more than water so it's easy to reach 150 or more degree. Of course, care must be taken about hot oil/xylene projections. But because small quantities of material are used (1-10 g) and few ml of xylene, this is not that dangerous. Less than boiling a 500 g lye soup of MHRB+naphta Rolling eyes

About the extract SWIM just did, he said that he gathered 11.38 g (light+dark parts). Of course it is the weight of the crude extract but it's almost 10%. SWIM did'nt thought he would get so much, he is happy to have some material to play with Pleased

soulfood
#20 Posted : 8/13/2009 1:46:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice one. Was that from the 114g's? Have fun.

I've never used an oil bath before. Is peanut oil good for that? What's the best thing to put the oil in? Would bomex do the job?

I've got 50g's of pretty good seeds sat around waiting to be extracted, but it could be some time before I get the chance. Between now and then I really want to get the process sorted in my head.

123NEXT