We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tobacco extraction (WTA for vaping) - let's develop a tek? Options

embracethevoid
#1 Posted : 10/12/2014 2:26:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This dude made a WTA liquid at home: http://www.vapersforum.c...-Alkaloid-eLiquid/page11

WTA is Whole Tobacco Alkaloid - a full spectrum alkaloid extract of tobacco as opposed to just the nicotine alone. It's useful because it satisfies fully the tobacco craving for people who want to switch to e-cigs, whereas nicotine alone does not.

I was wondering how we could develop a simple tek for some crude WTA? The cost of WTA liquid is obscene - $1/ml. At that rate I don't mind running my own crude extraction. I don't care about having anything super duper mega refined, I just want to be looking at a dropperful of oil which I can vaporise instead of huffing nasty tar powder clouds all day. Who's with me?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

embracethevoid
#2 Posted : 10/12/2014 3:28:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ripped from ecf megathread:

Quote:
I have just made another batch of WTA liquid, using an adaptation of this method. Done well - and with patience - it certainly works and provides a juice that reaches parts other juices can't (with apologies to Carlsberg).

Firstly I invested in a very cheap booklet of Ph level papers. This has been a huge help in getting the various stages right.

PREPARE
1) I boiled up 25g of ground rolling tobacco in about 250ml of water and 2 teaspoons of sodium carbonate. After 10 minutes simmering, I cooled the mix and filtered it through some cotton cloth. This was easy as the mix was creamy in consistency.

2) I returned the filtered liquid to the pan and reduced it further... till it began to stiffen. I diluted this a bit with fresh water and - using a Ph paper - made sure it tested blue (alkaline) before pouring the mix (about 25ml) in a glass jar.

SEPARATE
3) To the water solution I added a similar amount of olive oil. I shook it and let separate three times over an 8 hour period.

3) I syringed off the oil into a clean bottle and added more oil to the old water solution - shaking and separating it twice over an hour. I then syringed off this oil adding it to the first lot. I discarded the water solution.

4) I took some fresh (ie distilled) water mixed with a few drops of white vinegar to about 20ml and tested to ensure its acidity (paper turns red). I then added this to the oil and shook.

5) After several shakings over 3 hours, I drew off the water solution with the syringe. I placed 10ml more of the water/vinegar solution into the old oil and repeated the process - adding the (now, lighter-coloured) water to the first amount. I discarded the old oil.

6) I then tested the water solution with a Ph paper and it showed a reduced acidity. I added a couple of small pinches of sodium carbonate to the water until it tested blue (alkaline) before mixing in with an equal amount of fresh olive oil and repeated the shaking/settling routine over a few hours. I drew off the oil into a clean bottle. I placed about 10ml of fresh oil into the old water solution and repeated the shake/separate routine several times before drawing off this oil and adding it to the first amount. I discarded the old water solution.

7) I repeated steps 4 to 5. I ended up with about 12 ml of light, strawberry blonde water solution. It wasn't crystal clear... but not far off!

REDUCE
Cool I tested the solution with a Ph paper and added a few grains of sodium carbonate to equalise it. I placed the solution into a small stainless steel pot (a tiny milk jug) and reduced it down over a flame to about 3 - 4ml. By this stage I was wearing rubber gloves! I bottled this.

I added about four drops to about 7ml of 24mg commercial juice and vaped. I can feel it works very well. The effect is completely different to the commercial juice alone.

This may sound complicated, but it's not. I'm trying to work out a simple way of remembering the routines - like a short rhyme or something.

Dead man
#3 Posted : 1/22/2015 7:01:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know how pure the resulting extraction but pure nicotine is very poisonous (even deadly) and can be absorbed through the skin. So handle with care and do your research beforehand. A while ago I was thinking about infusing nicotine into dabs, but gave up due to safety issues.
He who sees the infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the ratio only sees himself only. -William Blake There is no natural religion.
People in the past never lived in ecological balance with nature, they died in ecological balance with nature -Hans Rosling
Nothing is something worth doing -Sphongle