We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"DMT-Nexus Projects" Options

Curb
#1 Posted : 10/10/2014 7:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

much like the wiki, or as a seperate part of the wiki we could have a space for research.

I brought up this possibility when chatting with new member anne (and someone else, im sorry for being bad with names). how cool would it be if we knew not only what works, but also what doesnt work, or what has already been tested.

the "Projects" part of the wiki could have lists of things that would be good ideas for research or testing, users could add information and check off things that have been done with relevant information and hypothesis for others that excperiment next.

Personally i think it would be great to know which acacia species have been tested with TLC (when are the kits coming? Very happy) it could be an evolving space for collaborative research with quick relavent notes on a sidebar, with expanded conclusions in the main body of text.

There would be a list of different areas to get involved with making reasearch much easier for everyone, with more data being collected and submitted it could be very easy to get involved. the only real concern is inaccuracy but with moderation and perhaps people taking a keen interest in 'heading' particular areas (which they themselves have an interest in) we could have a clear, concise whiteboard for corroborating information on a wide variety of things.
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

--Shadow
#2 Posted : 10/10/2014 1:05:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I enjoy and share your enthusiasm, Curb.

Personally, I think the [RESEARCH (new members can post here)]forums that we currently have are already the best place for these type of projects.

Threads are designed to be more of a 'back & forth' collaboration, whilst the wiki is more "static" content in nature. Obviously the wiki is also back & forth in terms of it being updated/edited/added by different people, but it's represented more or less as a single version of content.

Basically, the collaboration happens in the threads, then the threads are gleaned for content to put in the WIKI
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 10/10/2014 2:14:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I'm going to say the same thing I always say when someone proposes a new section/area/subsection/etc.

Create threads that you want to see along the lines of what you proposed. If/when such threads warrant a new section, then bring that discussion to the table.

You don't need an exactly perfect section to create a specific thread.

Otherwise you're putting the cart before the horse and creating the potential for trav/mods to do work that may ultimately be unnecessary.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/10/2014 4:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the general idea of it, thanks for putting more energy into the research side of things Smile

Like they said before me, I think maybe the wiki is not the best place to start such a gathering of ideas, since it works a bit more in long term and organization of already established ideas. For the moment maybe we can start with dedicated threads in the collaborative research subforum. For example you could start a thread like: "What would you like the Nexus to research next?" (or whatever), and give some examples to get the ball rolling, like plant analysis, side by side extractions, gathering of publications on such plants, or whatever, and have people submit their own ideas. We could see the most popular ideas and try to get them going.

Regarding the research that has already been done, if you click my signature I made a thread collecting some of the most important research we have done so far. There you' ll find the acacia and other research that you were wondering about.

As for the TLC kits, im almost ashamed when Im asked about it these days since its taking so long Embarrased , but it's coming, really. First it was budget issue since I couldnt get an investor, then I finally did, and now that this is settled, we just decided to, before releasing the kits, build a big database with high quality videos of colorimetric reagent reactions and chromatography information on the different substances so that people can more easily identify what they see in their test plates. I hope I dont have to eat my words but I'd estimate early next year this all should be released to the public... Again, sorry for the delay, it's been already over 2 years of work and I want to get this out there more than anyone really lol..

Be well!

Curb
#5 Posted : 10/15/2014 12:58:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback i appreciate it. as im not active in the research part of the forum its a bit weird of me to post this at all, I think it would be cool in the future though, to have like another section of the nexus as more of a research submission type thing that would be by its nature peer reviewed (as it in the forum) but more available to professional eyes that might be interested in publishing our findings/opinions and it would be motivational for the average joe to get involved even if only contributing in a minor way (button: "submit data" )

more of an idea than a suggestion.
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 10/15/2014 9:02:05 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I just wanted to point out we also have those super nice illustrated links for "research" and "learn" on the front page which as of now just link to the nexian that have yet to be utilized.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca