We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q21Q21 ACRB success - freeze thaw nuke - repeat Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 10/9/2014 5:08:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On pull 3 and still clouding.
Followed Q21Q21's tek with 100gr ACRB. Pretty much stuck to the recommended measurements but during the acidification I freezed and thawed twice with a gentle covered heating in the microwave for 1 min after each freeze thaws completely. The theory that both this will give a 3 pronged approach to lysing the powdered bark. As sacrilegious as nuking the mix seems the science seems sound. I Based with Lime to a thick pea soup (consistancy 2) as directed by q21q21's tek and let it sit 24-48 hours.
Pulled with D-Limonene and precipitated with FASI dropwise slowly. Waited at hour between each dropping until no precipitation occurred. Let it sit overnight and repeat. Then left alone for 72 hrs and tan sparkles encrusted the glass. Started 2nd pull and repeat until it no longer gives.

skoobysnax attached the following image(s):
nontox ACRB.png (20,691kb) downloaded 534 time(s).
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anrchy
#2 Posted : 10/9/2014 7:01:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No need to base for that long, the reaction happens instantly. Personally I am not convinced that heat does anything to increase yield. Nice job either way.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

V01D
#3 Posted : 10/9/2014 8:41:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see no problem with using a microwave... It's just sound waves after all... and I mean everything is vibrations when you get down to it isn't it? Razz

skoobysnax
#4 Posted : 10/10/2014 4:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
No need to base for that long, the reaction happens instantly. Personally I am not convinced that heat does anything to increase yield. Nice job either way.

The long wait was just really being patient and seeing what would happen. This tek is awesome because I can do it casually without suiting up in all the gear and watch anime while stirring the bowl and such. Limo smells nice. The microwave wasn't really for the heat as much as it was for its action on the cell walls. I didn't make it hotter than I would leftover coffee.

I am noticing a small part I washed in 99% IPA to see if there was much fumaric acid left in it took on a lot of atmospheric moisture and turned a bit gooey over a 6 hour period.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

HippingTrippY
#5 Posted : 10/11/2014 9:53:49 PM

It's better to have things, and not be running out than it is to be running out and not be having things.

The Proof is in the pudding and what's in that jar certainly looks like the godly GOODS. Thank you for sharing about using the microwave for help lysing. It's sharing knowledge like that which will turn extracting what we want into a process akin to making Jiffy Pop Popcorn. Thank You.

"Further Up and Further In"
Aslan

anrchy
#6 Posted : 10/12/2014 1:20:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
The microwave wasn't really for the heat as much as it was for its action on the cell walls.

In others words using heat to lyse the cells. Which I am not convinced is actually happening. I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you are doing, just pointing out my own observations. I personally like swiftness, I want evidence of an illegal extraction to be out for the shortest amount of time possible. In my latest extraction heat did nothing to liberate more DMT out of the cells. In fact the extraction that used the simmering yielded less.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 10/15/2014 7:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
skoobysnax wrote:
The microwave wasn't really for the heat as much as it was for its action on the cell walls.

In others words using heat to lyse the cells. Which I am not convinced is actually happening. I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you are doing, just pointing out my own observations. I personally like swiftness, I want evidence of an illegal extraction to be out for the shortest amount of time possible. In my latest extraction heat did nothing to liberate more DMT out of the cells. In fact the extraction that used the simmering yielded less.

Microwaves do different things to cell walls on a molecular level than heating with stove so the heat is not the main idea but a bi-product. I have not done the side by side tek like you did (nice write up btw) My first 2 pulls yielded 1.666 grams from 100grams ACRB. Your pulls were from MHRB?

I did do a mini a/b and a thick light from the same bark and the thick light yeilded more for me so my general assumtion is that ACRB has tougher cell walls. I do get the desire to wrap up quickly but at least with this tek I don't have to worry about toxicity. Seems like most extraction busts are stumbled upon while serving warrants for other issues so with that in mind it is always a good idea to put away our toys and be mindful of what is in plain sight if we are leisurely about this tek.

Why am I here?

Nathanial.Dread
#8 Posted : 10/15/2014 9:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not a chemist, but would prolonged exposure to microwave radiation be damaging to monoamine molecules like DMT? I know there was talk a little while ago about using microwaves to convert b-carbolines into tryptamines, although I'm not sure it went anywhere

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

anrchy
#9 Posted : 10/16/2014 12:12:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is the microwave thing theory or proven?

Thanks and yes i did that with mhrb. I personally dont like the idea of using a microwave for food let alone dmt.

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 10/20/2014 6:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I'm not a chemist, but would prolonged exposure to microwave radiation be damaging to monoamine molecules like DMT? I know there was talk a little while ago about using microwaves to convert b-carbolines into tryptamines, although I'm not sure it went anywhere

Blessings
~ND

That would be worth looking into. I did a cold IPA wash on a small bit and plan to use it for pharma so I will report in this thread about how active it is.

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#11 Posted : 10/20/2014 6:35:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
anrchy wrote:

The long wait was just really being patient and seeing what would happen. This tek is awesome because I can do it casually without suiting up in all the gear and watch anime while stirring the bowl and such. Limo smells nice. The microwave wasn't really for the heat as much as it was for its action on the cell walls. I didn't make it hotter than I would leftover coffee.

I am noticing a small part I washed in 99% IPA to see if there was much fumaric acid left in it took on a lot of atmospheric moisture and turned a bit gooey over a 6 hour period.

I turned the shotglass upside down and the goo hardened to crystal in a couple days.

Why am I here?

anrchy
#12 Posted : 10/20/2014 6:46:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
skoobysnax wrote:
anrchy wrote:

I turned the shotglass upside down and the goo hardened to crystal in a couple days.

Thumbs up awesome!

Great tek, hasnt let me down yet!

starway6
#13 Posted : 10/21/2014 12:06:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doesnt a microwave .. RE arange or change.. the molecular structure of the plant material?

Dualizer
#14 Posted : 10/21/2014 5:17:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a thread about this not too long ago. Such a great tek that is truly applicable to acacia as well as mimosa. I've seen excellent results many times following q21q21with Acrb again and again. Congrats folks.
Fear is truly the only thing to fear. Smoke it if you have it.

cyb
#15 Posted : 10/21/2014 6:59:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

starway6 wrote:
Doesnt a microwave .. RE arange or change.. the molecular structure of the plant material?

No!

Quote:
Microwave ovens use radio waves at a specifically set frequency to agitate water molecules in food. As these water molecules get increasingly agitated they begin to vibrate at the atomic level and generate heat. This heat is what actually cooks food in the oven.

I don't see how nuking has any bearing on the extraction process, other than to provide heat in a moist environment.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

skoobysnax
#16 Posted : 1/13/2015 9:27:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
starway6 wrote:

No!

Quote:
Microwave ovens use radio waves at a specifically set frequency to agitate water molecules in food. As these water molecules get increasingly agitated they begin to vibrate at the atomic level and generate heat. This heat is what actually cooks food in the oven.

I don't see how nuking has any bearing on the extraction process, other than to provide heat in a moist environment.

The idea was about heating the material from the inside rather that the outside, expanding and lysing the cell walls. I may be right or wrong but it worked.

Why am I here?