We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Cannabis Extractions Options

DMTbenderDMT
#21 Posted : 11/6/2014 3:48:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that is an instant buy, it'll in my PO box in a week. after that ill update with some new pics.

probably going to do a oz of Homegrown greencrack.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cosmic Spore
#22 Posted : 11/23/2014 3:27:20 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I use a Wacky Willy's wacky blaster on trim, or sometimes tiny buds. I then pump that water through some Bubble Bags that I hang from the ceiling via metal grommets. This is the bag order that I use:
Blue = 220 Micron, Red = 160 Micron, White = 45 Micron, and Purple = 25 Micron.
Draining the water from the bags may require some time. I usually run the material 3 times before replacing with new trim material. The goodies are scraped from the inside bottom of each bag.
Cosmic Spore attached the following image(s):
IMG_2872.JPG (2,129kb) downloaded 387 time(s).
IMG_2871.JPG (2,273kb) downloaded 383 time(s).

Mitakuye Oyasin
#23 Posted : 11/23/2014 4:28:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is the wacky blaster like a tiny washing machine? Ice water hash is OK, but IMHO only the finest (smallest micron) hash is worth the hassle, the rest is just OK quality. I've been using solvents like everclear for a while now to make shatter and honey oil.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Cosmic Spore
#24 Posted : 11/23/2014 4:37:21 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Is the wacky blaster like a tiny washing machine?

Yeah, just a little smaller than a roll-around suitcase.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Ice water hash is OK, but IMHO only the finest (smallest micron) hash is worth the hassle, the rest is just OK quality.

Agreed. What is pictured above is the 25 micron level.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
I've been using solvents like everclear for a while now to make shatter and honey oil.

This is interesting. I have not yet tried shatter or honey oil.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#25 Posted : 11/23/2014 5:50:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"This is interesting. I have not yet tried shatter or honey oil."

You can use some of your hash to make some oil and see if you like it. I'd recommend freezing both your hash and the highest percentage ethanol (Everclear, Bacardi 151) as well as your glass wear that you use in the freezer for at least 24-48 hours. The cold solvent helps prevent plant waxes and Chlorophyll from dissolving into your liquid. Filter through coffee filters into flat bottom glass baking dish and evaporate and scrape up. our end product will be a thick oil or hard crumbly shattery glass consistency. It should a bit of a different taste, better IMO as it has less plant material. Enjoy.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

adam
#26 Posted : 11/23/2014 6:59:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Been doing dry sift lately, using silk screens, bubbleman videos on youtube have a lot of info. As far as choosing the best micron size screen, that will depend or your strain and the size of the trichomes. If you grow a lot of cannabis and cure on the stalk you can collect a good amount of resin just by letting it bounce on the silkscreen as it falls of the stalk. This makes some really tasty hash.

adam attached the following image(s):
004-21.jpg (59kb) downloaded 355 time(s).

adam
#27 Posted : 11/23/2014 4:14:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiritofspice wrote:
People dry sift and still sell the buds shame.
It's common where I'm from.

I mainly sift trim, what I was getting at is the initial cut of the stalk (assuming you cure on the stalk) you would be shocked how many trichomes fall of. The sift you collect from the initial bounce is my favorite stuff.

Selling sifted buds is not cool.

GOD
#28 Posted : 12/2/2014 4:40:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Adam ....... very good post ...... you sussed it . Thats how to make real sieved hash . Just drop the buds on the screen and then let them role off . The finer the sieve ( up to a point ) the better . In moroco they just use the same sieve cloth folded twice = from zero to zero zero .

To get a sensible amount of GOOD hash one needs hundreds of kilos of buds .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

steppa
#29 Posted : 12/2/2014 4:42:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:
To get a sensible amount of GOOD hash one needs hundreds of kilos of buds .

What's a sensible amount in this case?
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

GOD
#30 Posted : 12/2/2014 5:01:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It depends on how much hash the plants have on them and what quality it is .

Usualy people go a month or more before the harvest and inspect fields . Then they buy the good ones .

From a ton of buds we got about half a kilo of hash = Divided up into three qualitys = Comercial , zero and zero zero . The commercial is the biggest part and the zero zero the smallest . It was by no means the best posible quality .

From a kilo of buds i can make up to about 300 G of a product that most people would call and acept as hash ........ that is better quality than at least most of the products they sell in dutch coffee shops .

I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

Varni
#31 Posted : 1/14/2015 1:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@steppa If you don't mind my asking, how did you make that beaker vacuum chamber? Also, great write-up. I've been doing QWISO but want to give BHO a go as well, but not until I can properly purge it.
A naked man fears no pickpocket.

steppa
#32 Posted : 1/14/2015 8:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Varni wrote:
Also, great write-up.

Thanks for reading.

Varni wrote:
@steppa If you don't mind my asking, how did you make that beaker vacuum chamber?

Of course I don't mind asking. But I have to disappoint you. I bought it of a site that once used to sell boats. It's called e-habour or something like that. Razz

I used to use selfmade desicators in the beginning...alongside with a vacuum hand pump aka brake bleeder

But if you do that frequently it becomes pretty annoying. I made vacuum chambers out of mason jars, glasses from jam etc. ...but that's dangerous, couse they aren't made for this and could easily implode...which would result in glass shards flying arround, penetrating your eyes and skin etc. One wouldn't want this.

So if one really wants to improvise a vac chamber from houshold materials one should be sure to have it wrapped up in some kind of cloth/fabric while using it.

Another safety thing is not to heat the vac chamber from the outside because the resulting tension can lead it to implode...again...glass shards flying arround, penetrating your eyes and skin etc. One wouldn't want this.

I don't know where you are located...if you are from the US...you could order a nice one from amazon for not so much money

Mitakuye Oyasin
#33 Posted : 1/14/2015 7:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Steppa, do you vac/heat purge even when not using butane as the solvent? Do you see any need to vac/heat purge a product made from freezing cold alcohol/ethanol? Thanks.
— Terence McKenna

steppa
#34 Posted : 1/15/2015 8:13:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Do you see any need to vac/heat purge a product made from freezing cold alcohol/ethanol? Thanks.

Depends. If I want to vape it I'll vac purge it...not because I think it's necessary, but because I can taste it. If I want to eat it I just do a heat purge when using ethanol. But as ethanol in this quantities is considered safe I don't see any real need to do so.

DreaMTripper
#35 Posted : 3/18/2015 6:09:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a qwiso is done would it be possible to remove some of the non-active material by putting the ISO in the freezer to precipitate chlorophyll and anything else? I assume the final extract can also get an ice cold water wash to clean it further? Or does the consistency of the resin/wax/oil mske this too messy?

steppa
#36 Posted : 3/18/2015 10:52:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
After a qwiso is done would it be possible to remove some of the non-active material by putting the ISO in the freezer to precipitate chlorophyll and anything else?

From what I've read ISO won't do the job. Ethanol should be used. I'm unsure about the reasons. Here's a bit of information:

Quote:
Even though Ethanol is polar itself, it can still be used to remove some of the undesirables they pick up, because it is not as aggressive a solvent as Isopropyl and Methanol. By re-dissolving their extracts in hot ethanol and then placing that in the freezer overnight, some of the undesirables will precipitate out and may be filtered out.

DreaMTripper wrote:
I assume the final extract can also get an ice cold water wash to clean it further? Or does the consistency of the resin/wax/oil mske this too messy?

I recently did a waterwash by dissolving the oil in petrol ether, then adding the same ammount of water -> shaking -> letting separate (repeat a few times)-> siphoning of the petrol ether -> evap -> vac purge

A good link on polishing extracts: Skunk Pharm Research

This site is a wealth of good information. Be sure to check some of their pages.

DMTbenderDMT
#37 Posted : 3/18/2015 2:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rosin tek. is the new no solvent tek in town. Ill be uploading pics and yield info soon.

all you needs is a hair straighter (we use a wide, digital ceramic) and parchment paper.

put as many 2 to 3 flowers in between parchment paper ||weed|| (the two lines represent two layers)
I find one layer of parchment led to a decrees in flavor and w\as burning oil off.

one you have you weed between the layers of parchment paper take your straightening iron and position the paper into it. then will all the pressure you can put on it, push for a solid 8 seconds.

we been getting just about 25% yield. from 1.5 grams of weed we obtain 416mgs of amber oil.

no butane, no water, no purging, no drying, just pressing and dabbing.

if you try this save the nugs you press. ive made a milk shake similar to the one in the "already vaped weed" thread.

I got very stoney

steppa
#38 Posted : 3/18/2015 2:29:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTbenderDMT wrote:
rosin tek. is the new no solvent tek in town. Ill be uploading pics and yield info soon.

I've read about it sometimes. Never tried it tough. Thanks for bringing it up here. Do you grind up the flowers beforehand? And what is the temperature of a common straightening iron? If you say you lost some taste with only one layer of parchement, could that mean that the temp is too high? I'd try to warm up a cup or something to the desired temp. and use that.

I want to give this a try.

Quote:
we been getting just about 25% yield. from 1.5 grams of weed we obtain 416mgs of amber oil.

They use the tek you described, but... have a look this yield! Big grin Big grin Big grin Crying or very sad

DansMaTete
#39 Posted : 3/18/2015 3:11:30 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Laughing Very happy Big grin
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

DMTbenderDMT
#40 Posted : 3/18/2015 5:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol at that vid.

No been using the bud hole. the first few presses we did were with a $10 dollar Remington iron. it ran at about 500-600 (Holy shit), obv our product was brown, runny, and had a very vapped flavor. it was still very smooth to smoke though.

we've upgraded to a digital temp control we set it at 295 F, the lowest setting. the final product come out very clear yellow/amber. once it cooled it had a shatter like consistency.

also if you happen to have alot of keif, and a pollen press, puck your keif and press it. I found there was still alot of plant matter in the keif oil.

so it was dissolved in IPA. filtered with and glass dropper, plugged with organic cotton. once that evaped, it dabbed with out leaving any ash behind
DMTbenderDMT attached the following image(s):
unnamed.jpg (45kb) downloaded 346 time(s).

PREV1234NEXT