We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The I Love Cannabis Thread Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 10/7/2014 8:21:55 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Cannabis is a lifelong ally to my husband and I.

Cannabis is no doubt one of the factors that has kept us able to communicate and able to minimize most petty fighting, thus staying together over 26 years now.

As we have aged, cannabis has become less recreational and more truly medicinal. I'm supposed to take 300 mgs of Tramadol a day. I take 50 and use cannabis. I am supposed to take 20 mgs of Cymbalta a day. My ongoing detox is tough, but I still say cannabis and/or cannabis combined with ibuprofin works better for me with pain.

One time when I was in the hospital a doc was examining me and my vital signs and asked, "Do you work out all the time?" I laughed and said I was basically sedentary and said unless you count this as a workout, and motioned bringing a roach to my mouth with my finger and thumb.

My brother who is 41 had a horrible car accident at age 17. He was T-Boned as he legally drove through an intersection. Wound up in a hospital bed for about five days and a terribly screwed up lower back. The X-Rays of his Coccyx and lower back bones is a mess of broken and healed bones and weird gigantic nerves. He has had a doctor look him in the eye and ask point blank, "Why are you not taking opiate medications daily? I'm surprised you are not addicted to them?"

All my bro did was smile, say, "I don't really like pills," then make the motion of grabbing a roach and bringing it to his mouth. At the time the doc said he could not make a formal recommendation but if that worked, then keep up with it.

When my husband was diagnosed with metastatic cancer, his Oncologist told him to vape as much as he could then to binge eat as much as he comfortably could (before he lost the ability to swallow due to treatment). That same Oncologist was filled with bubbling laughter and a huge smile six months later when he told my husband other than follow up exams in upcoming years to ensure it is correct, that he is cured. The doc didn't get to say that to too many people. It made his day. And ours. Very happy . I attribute the early detection, my husband's positivity, his submission to treatment and his lifelong cannabis use to this cure.

My husband and I have had a hard road at times in life and have a number of harrowing horror stories that basically make up our past. And yet, we are not alcoholics, we take as little prescription meds as we can, and he at age 64 and I at age 46 hardly have any grey hairs.

These are just a few of the reasons why I love cannabis.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

oversoul1919
#2 Posted : 10/7/2014 8:25:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any special relation to cannabis, neither negative, nor positive one. I smoke it sometimes, but I don't see it as spiritually rewarding.

BTW, is this a response to another thread of this kind?

Pandora
#3 Posted : 10/7/2014 8:27:44 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I thought it was kinda sad that the first thread here was about hate... so I thought I'd start one about love. And instead of a bunch of vague stuff . . . I felt I had answers but then came down and felt yucky or whatever, I chose to post on real phsycial issues affecting folks in their 40's to 60's with this amazing medicine.

But please everyone, feel free to chime in. Mine was only a start. There has got to be more out there. . . . Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

D.REYx420
#4 Posted : 10/7/2014 9:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well as some of you chat regulars know I had a pretty gnarly accident a little over a year and a half ago. I had always used canabis in a very recreational way all my teen years and then before I had my accident I hadn't smoked any cannabis in a year or moar, but it was always a big love in my life and very nostalgic to me since it was where I started experiencing the " drug experience ". Then when I got out of the hospital it was my first thought that maybe I should try to start smoking again since my joints were wrecked and the doctors ofcourse wanted me on morphine daily.
It had a huge impact in my healing and getting used to dealing with my body as it is now and only needed to use a opiate for about a month after I got out of the hospital. I can sit and take 4 hits from a pipe and be totally relieved from any pain or soreness for half a day or as a nice end of the day thing after work to make it so I can go about finishing the day. Cannabis is purely medicinal to me now a days and I'm very thankful that it came into my life in the first place.
That is why I LOVE cannabis.
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

Akasha224
#5 Posted : 10/7/2014 10:08:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
I thought it was kinda sad that the first thread here was about hate... so I thought I'd start one about love. And instead of a bunch of vague stuff . . . I felt I had answers but then came down and felt yucky or whatever, I chose to post on real phsycial issues affecting folks in their 40's to 60's with this amazing medicine.

But please everyone, feel free to chime in. Mine was only a start. There has got to be more out there. . . . Love

The title of my thread was not originally "The I Hate Cannabis" thread; it was changed by a mod soon after I put it up. I do not hate Cannabis, I do not think it is an evil, terrible drug, and I do not think any less of people who use it, whether medicinally or recreationally. I went so far in my thread to state that I believe Cannabis can be beneficial to some people, and the fact that it is illegal is still absurd in my opinion. I was simply trying to document my personal experiences with it.

I also made an edit at the bottom of the thread saying that using the word "hate" in the title completely changes the context and general vibe of the post, and I do not agree with its use at all. I do not hate it, nor do I love it. My whole point was that no drug is objectively "good" or "bad," but it is up to the user to determine whether or not the positives outweigh the negatives when using it.

In fact, I made a topic suggesting a Cannabis subforum almost a months before this board was implemented, because, whether or not I, or any else, enjoys using Cannabis, I would still like to engage in intelligent conversation about it with members of this board, as I believe the Nexus is one of the most intellectual and intelligent places on the internet:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=53479

Of course, my opinions have changed regarding Cannabis since I created that post, but I am still glad that this subforum did come into being.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

poonja
#6 Posted : 10/7/2014 10:15:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

God bless you Pandora. Your husband is a lucky man.

oversoul1919
#7 Posted : 10/7/2014 10:48:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reminds me of Graham Hancock. He didn't realize how much cannabis is ruining his life until his aya experience.

Looks like cannabis is something that works differently for different folks. Some love it, some hate it, some (like me) are apathetic towards it.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 10/7/2014 10:50:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

i'm glad it's an effective medicine for many people.
different tokes for different folks.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

universecannon
#9 Posted : 10/8/2014 12:55:29 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Epic thread pandora!

Cannabis has been a life long psychedelic teacher for me. It helped me get into a kind of hyperspace long before even learning about DMT. It's been present both in some of my most meaningful experiences ever and, admittedly, some of my most paranoid ones to Big grin

I think people way too often blame the plant or drug before realizing it's all in how you use it and how our bodies and minds react to things differently. Over time I've learned ways to mostly work through the anxiety it can bring out in me, and get the most out of the experience.

Akasha224 wrote:

I also made an edit at the bottom of the thread saying that using the word "hate" in the title completely changes the context and general vibe of the post, and I do not agree with its use at all.

...ermm...Correct me if I'm mistaken, but did't you originally title the thread "f*ck cannabis" (or something extremely similar) .... Laughing

To each their own though Smile . I just found your remark on it's new name kind of weird considering the title you had given it wasn't any better.

It was just really sad to see that as one of the very first threads in the new subforum Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Akasha224
#10 Posted : 10/8/2014 1:14:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

Akasha224 wrote:

I also made an edit at the bottom of the thread saying that using the word "hate" in the title completely changes the context and general vibe of the post, and I do not agree with its use at all.

...ermm...Correct me if I'm mistaken, but did't you originally title the thread "f*ck cannabis" (or something extremely similar) .... Laughing

To each their own though Smile . I just found your remark on it's new name kind of weird considering the title you had given it wasn't any better.

It was just really sad to see that as one of the very first threads in the new subforum Razz

That was the original title, yes, and I feel like it was more appropriate than the word "hate" because to be honest, I'm personally just sick of it. But I do not hate it, nor do I love it, nor do I think it's some awful evil substance that everyone should avoid. But at this point, the original meaning of my post has been completely lost and misinterpreted, and it looks like the hour I spent typing it up was a complete and utter waste of time.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

universecannon
#11 Posted : 10/8/2014 1:43:23 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Oh come now. At least 50% of my posts are usually in jest man Smile . I wrote that with a smile.

I think it was mostly just the harsh title and timing of it all that rustled some feathers.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Orion
#12 Posted : 10/8/2014 2:00:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis helped change my life for the better. I wouldn't even know you folks, how much would that suck..for you guys...Wink. I guess it really was the 'gateway', just not the gateway I had been led to believe it was. I love cannabis, and I love you all too, stay cool... and smoke weed.

<3
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Cosmic Spore
#13 Posted : 10/8/2014 4:24:40 AM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

I absolutely love Cannabis, and for many reasons. Admittedly when I first started smoking it when I was approximately 12 years old, I just wanted to get high. Later I did it because it relaxed me, and also helped me focus. I have scoliosis & associated back pain; I was on a Codeine prescription but after I switched to more potent Cannabis, I truly stopped Codeine completely - I didn't need to go to the doctor for 4 years or so after that.

Since July 7th, I have not used Cannabis because I am trying to get a good job, and one I interviewed for does Hair Follicle Tests. Since July 7th, I've noticed my back pain much more often, and more seriously. I also have had almost constant depression since July 7th; The depression has been present for about 5 years, but was well treated by my heavy Cannabis use.

I realize people experience Cannabis in different ways, and that it's not for everyone.
That being said, I love Cannabis and look forward to using it again for the reasons stated above.

A couple random observations:

I know 4 or 5 people that 1st tried Cannabis in their early teens, and they did not feel the effects during their 1st try.
I used to get anxiety with Cannabis use much more before my tolerance developed and also when I had to hide my use from my family.

Akasha224
#14 Posted : 10/8/2014 4:49:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Oh come now. At least 50% of my posts are usually in jest man Smile . I wrote that with a smile.

I think it was mostly just the harsh title and timing of it all that rustled some feathers.

I know there was no malicious intent in your post, but the miscommunication regarding my topic is quite frustrating.

anrchy
#15 Posted : 10/8/2014 5:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Akasha224 wrote:
universecannon wrote:

Akasha224 wrote:

That was the original title, yes, and I feel like it was more appropriate than the word "hate" because to be honest, I'm personally just sick of it. But I do not hate it, nor do I love it, nor do I think it's some awful evil substance that everyone should avoid. But at this point, the original meaning of my post has been completely lost and misinterpreted, and it looks like the hour I spent typing it up was a complete and utter waste of time.

Thread titles are just a peak into the thread. Not quite sure why you think it has such a profound effect on how your posts are going to be recieved. I also believe your original title that iirc you said contained the F word but blanked out or whatever, was in bad taste.

Its still a curse word even if its partially censored and i see no need for that as a thread title that you think is so important to the way the content will be received.

What exactly is the difference between being sick of something and hating something. When used lightly they mean the same thing. I just dont get your attachment to it.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

benzyme
#16 Posted : 10/8/2014 6:12:15 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

oversoul1919 wrote:
some (like me) are apathetic towards it.

that pretty much describes me.
I've had top-notch strains, and still think cannabis is overrated. If I relied on it as medicine, I'd probably feel differently about it.

cannabis is not without side-effects. a wise pharmacology proverb goes something like "show me a drug without side-effects, and I'll show you a drug that doesn't work."
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ufostrahlen
#17 Posted : 10/8/2014 8:28:25 AM

xอญอ†ออฬฎอ”ฬœtอฃอซอžฬŸฬฌฬฆฬฃฬŸอ‰อˆฬžฬ,องฬ†ฬ€ฬ”อฎฬอฏอฏฬกฬผฬญฬ˜ฬ™ฬœtฬอชฬฝฬฬขฬ˜ฬฌอ“อ•ฬฌsอซอ—ฬพฬšอ‹อ’ฬƒอ›อžฬขอ…ฬœฬ ฬฌฬ˜อ–ฬ อ•

Cosmic Spore wrote:
Since July 7th, I have not used Cannabis because I am trying to get a good job, and one I interviewed for does Hair Follicle Tests. Since July 7th, I've noticed my back pain much more often, and more seriously. I also have had almost constant depression since July 7th;

Time to get a job in the "industry". Very happy Hair follicle tests sound fascist to me and are only warranted in security sensitive fields like air safety. Beyond that, permanent cognitive and responsive tests would be more appropriate in these fields. Nobody wants tired or drunk air safety workers.

Therefore, the only thing the employer is allowed to ask me is doing the job well. Other things are none of his business.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through โœจ (1) โœจ (2) โœจ (3) โœจ (4) โœจ (5) โœจ (6) โœจ (7) โœจ (8)
โœจ Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search. โœจ

Gowpen
#18 Posted : 10/8/2014 9:37:04 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Hair follicle tests sound fascist to me (they so do....)and are only warranted in security sensitive fields like air safety. Beyond that, permanent cognitive and responsive tests would be more appropriate in these fields. Nobody wants tired or drunk air safety workers.

May I ask what 'good' job is being applied for that needs a folicle test ? Smile
Regards G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Cosmic Spore
#19 Posted : 10/8/2014 3:36:26 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

Gowpen wrote:
May I ask what 'good' job is being applied for that needs a folicle test ? Smile
Regards G

It was a Coating Lab Analyst position, basically doing quality control on aluminum can metals & inner coatings.
Only reason I wanted the job is it pays better than other employers around here.

DreaMTripper
#20 Posted : 10/9/2014 3:11:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From the I hate cannabis thread however I certainly dont hate it Smile
DreaMTripper wrote:
Its a tricky beast, my personality type seems to be best suited to a medium strength indica.I will have breaks where I wont smoke for weeks on end and sometime I'll just have a day or 3 out of a week where I just dont have any.
I smoke it for a number of reasons, one for restless leg syndrome another to reduce the cigarettes I smoke each night, for fun , sometimes for deep introspection to explore my psyche to understand myself better Ive had some profound mental journeys, usually beginning uncomfortably while my sub-concious throws stuff out at me.
Theres the other side too, being in the midst of a paranoid delusion from too much sativa, or apathetic tired and unmotivated the next day from too much indica.

My relationship with cannabis is as complex as the plant itself, however the scattergun results are mainly to do with prohibition and the inconsistent source/supply and demand associated with it..I also tend to smoke more when I feel good from it and this sometimes tips the balance.

12NEXT