We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
The I Hate Cannabis Thread Options

wearepeople
#41 Posted : 10/18/2014 1:58:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate smoking weed.

I love eating edibles when I'm sick. I sleep for hours and wake refreshed.

Love weed
wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dualizer
#42 Posted : 10/21/2014 5:44:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a great thread...I love edibles. Hate smoking for the most part, especially super potent strains. Used to love it until my thought processes began to turn extremely paranoid and delusional. I was fortunate enough to sample Marinol once and found it to be very "clean" and discernable from special brownies and the like. Got to indulge in a thc-enhanced five course dinner once upon a time and later found myself believing I was floating above my bed sheets, far from being able to fall asleep.

Alex Gray said that he liked using cannabis for doing conceptual work but preferred being sober for intricate detailing. He also said in his opinion cannabis opened psychic pathways and enhanced cognitive intuition in an article about the 22nd cannabis cup. I agree that it seems to alter psychic abilities, tho mostly I don't think it is for the better. Just my 2 cents.
Fear is truly the only thing to fear. Smoke it if you have it.

Jin
#43 Posted : 10/21/2014 3:26:20 PM

yes

i can't believe we have a cannabis section ,

when did this happen ?
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Akasha224
#44 Posted : 10/21/2014 5:08:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
i can't believe we have a cannabis section ,

when did this happen ?

I think the day before I made this topic.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

Sky Motion
#45 Posted : 5/14/2015 3:30:28 AM

<3

I am taking my 4th extended break from cannabis right now after smoking way too much since the age of 17.

Cannabis is currently keeping me down, depressed, anxious, stressed, and for what? a glimpse of something that has always been inside of me.

The only thing I've ever become addicted to in my entire life, is pot. Not opiates, alcohol, psychedelics, cocaine, caffeine.. just the good old herb..

When you smoke to feel normal, not to feel high, you know you've reached the point I'm at.

jamie
#46 Posted : 5/14/2015 5:05:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I <3 cannabis
Long live the unwoke.

Chan
#47 Posted : 5/14/2015 10:17:44 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Interesting thread, I can chime with a lot of what's being said, but maybe have to ask how much projection is going on...

I rarely vape pure cannabis these days, there are too many potent strains about, I much prefer crafting blends, a la changa, but without the spice/solvents, obviously...

Equal parts kush, blue lotus and cyperus articulatus is divine, in terms of taste, sensation and clarity. A seamless way to dial down the amount of THC consumed. As I get older, I find it more rewarding to see what I can coax from a pinch of something rather than a spoonful...

I don't vape every day, never before mid-afternoon, and usually only in the evening: after a good day's work, with some deep music and a bit of energy work Thumbs up

Re: the Alex Gray quote: totally! Abstract thought is great under the influence, technical stuff, not so much...

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

DeltaSpice
#48 Posted : 5/14/2015 10:49:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate Ganja.
All my life since my teens I smoked gear. Started with hash then years later moved onto skunk.
Stopping smoking was the best decision I've ever made. Now I don't have red eyes, pale skin and yellow teeth. I wake up in the morning and don't cough up my lungs.
Smoking seems totally ridiculous to me now.

There are only 2 exceptional circumstances in which people should smoke:

1.You are trapped in a house fire, smoke inhalation is a given.

2.You like to have a puff on Changa. Rolling eyes

slewb
#49 Posted : 5/14/2015 12:29:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:

I don't think it's fair to make statements about what everyone should or should not do.

For me, in order for cannabis to have a positive impact on parts my life I'd have to use it all day every day. But that would also have a negative effect on other parts of my life. So I don't use it.

jamie
#50 Posted : 5/14/2015 1:53:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

DeltaSpice wrote:
I hate Ganja.
All my life since my teens I smoked gear. Started with hash then years later moved onto skunk.
Stopping smoking was the best decision I've ever made. Now I don't have red eyes, pale skin and yellow teeth. I wake up in the morning and don't cough up my lungs.
Smoking seems totally ridiculous to me now.

So, Cannabis gave you pale skin? ...strange.

Of course, abusing anything is going to have other side effects.
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#51 Posted : 5/14/2015 2:36:22 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Pale skin? Yellow teeth? Bad lungs?

Some sunshine, a toothbrush, and vaporizer would have been a good idea Wink

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

1ce
#52 Posted : 5/14/2015 3:42:35 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

universecannon wrote:
Pale skin? Yellow teeth? Bad lungs?

Some sunshine, a toothbrush, and vaporizer would have been a good idea Wink

I dislike cannabis because the high is unpleasant, I've got nothing to benefit from smoking it either.

universecannon
#53 Posted : 5/14/2015 5:03:49 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

That's fine ice, I was responding to Delta.

Not everyone likes cannabis. I can really relate to it since I'm so sensitive to weed paranoia and psychedelic effects. I learned a lot of ways to work through that though over the years.

It's just that, like slewb said, the thread gets kind of silly when other people above extrapolate their own experience with it/opinions of it onto everyone else... i.e. "people should only smoke if..." etc.

People can be so remarkably different when it comes to cannabis.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

RoGu3
#54 Posted : 5/14/2015 5:28:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree completely. 1 out of about 10 times I smoke cannabis, it is actually really enjoyable, relaxing, anxiolytic, etc. Every other time I'm just a paranoid depressed wreck with no motivation to do anything with my life. Makes me feel helpless to a barrage of self defeating and negative thoughts. I can barely form a coherent sentence at times while under its spell. I even have my Medical Marijuana card lol I mostly use it once every couple months or so to help me sleep or just whatever.

When I first got into cannabis at around 16 it made me laugh at everything for hours and I miss that a lot. I'm 24 now. I blame myself for cannabis having this shitty effect on me now. I got into a nasty stimulant addiction at 18-20 which I believe to be the cause. I really only partake in psychedelics and empathogens nowadays to avoid flipping my shit.
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Adjhart
#55 Posted : 5/14/2015 5:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:

the high is unpleasant

Adjhart attached the following image(s):
opinion.jpg (47kb) downloaded 203 time(s).

Swarupa
#56 Posted : 5/14/2015 6:56:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can be a love/hate relationship for sure, i can really relate to those that said experiencing cannabis was one of the most important things in their life, but that also giving up daily toking was one of the most important things they've done in their life too

The only problem i see with strong cannabis is the lack of noticeable tolerance which can lead to daily use, but if you stick to hash/bush weed then there is a very noticeable tolerance and smoking it everyday becomes pointless, problem solved Smile

DeltaSpice
#57 Posted : 5/15/2015 12:02:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My comments about the 2 times smoking theory was a joke. Sorry if I offended any one.
Humour online dosnt always work. Smile

thymamai
#58 Posted : 5/15/2015 2:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this forum is about love. and although hate is but a symptom of love, I feel it is better to refrain from making hate threads here. however tongue in cheek.

that said. I don't smoke cannibis, and dislike it's effects, and am mildly irritated around people who talk about it constantly.

TheAwakening
#59 Posted : 5/15/2015 2:59:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to smoke every day without fail for about 4-5 years (except for a few days either side of ayahuasca), however recently there's been a shift for me. I haven't touched her for a couple of months and I am feeling great for it. I had to stop because ultimately I was becoming quite negative and not being in my full power, not able to fully shine light to inspire myself/others and hold a transformative space for others to deepen further into themselves like I feel called to do. Is this Cannabis' fault? Definitely not! Cannabis interacting with my consciousness sent me to these spaces and I feel without this experience it would be harder to enact the recent profound changes I've made in my life and have the strength to keep going in my ever-continuing transformation process to which we all participate.

I view every time I smoked in the last year or two as an act against self-love because the messages I was receiving from Cannabis were telling me to leave that space, why was I there, I've been told not to come back etc. This was different to the spaces of fear which one will inevitably travel through with Cannabis and which I feel are one of Cannabis' medicines, the dominant feeling in these spaces was more of disappointment.

Do I resent the plant? Most definitely not! Cannabis was a great teacher for me, she helped me drop an aggressive tendency I had, opened me up more fully to the world of the spiritual, helped me become more accepting of points of view that conflicted with my own and in some cases even embrace them. I whole heartedly believe that there are people in this world whose Cannabis use is exactly what they need at this time in their lives. The difficulty is actually listening when you feel the call to stop, this isn't the plants fault though. It is us who must listen to this call and act upon it, integrating it's lessons into our everyday life as we need to with any plant medicine.

Those who resent Cannabis and hail the use of smoked dmt/ayahuasca should really take a deep look within to see why it is they have such feelings towards Cannabis. There are some people who get freaked out by other plant medicines and it's not because they're inferior or anything like that, it's just that at this point in their lives it's not what they need. Granted some people do abuse Cannabis, some also do abuse dmt/aya as I have learned, people will abuse a lot of things at the end of the day. I do feel like Ayahuasca is of a higher 'vibration' or function to Cannabis but for those who feel the call to better themselves Cannabis can be a great introduction to plant medicines. Everyone is on their own path, no path is more valuable than another, just another thread in the tapestry of our human collective consciousness.

Just my thoughts,
A.

No Knowing
#60 Posted : 5/15/2015 11:54:12 PM

fool adept

IME alot of addiction to cannabis during my life came from the "either/or" fallacy of thinking. I was mentally convincing myself that I couldn't be high without cannabis. I was also mentally convincing myself that I had to be either ON cannabis or not smoking at all. The addiction and these thought processes were there from around 20-22 years old. I had been smoking daily since 17 but I was in the, "Its a plant nothing bad can come of it phase." that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

At 22 I smoked a HUGE hit of DMT [+100mgs] and began rethinking restructuring my life. I quit using opiates, booze, and tobacco. Which was really difficult to do. I used cannabis constantly throughout the withdrawal and it helped immensely and I am grateful for that.

As I got over those major addictions and exercised alot and began eating alot better. I got into being a really clean eater and ended up giving up all drugs, herbs, vitamins, and cannabis for 8 months. At some point I wasn't feeling "better" on this clean living and I ate some cactus and smoked some cannabis on the comedown.

This made me realize that, FOR ME, running from these things was running from a part of myself. And while habituation to these things doesn't help the self. CONSCIOUS and INTENTIONAL use sure does help!

I ended up smoking 2-3 nights a week for a year or so and I learned ALOT and it really showed me how beneficial cannabis can be. I felt way more productive, friendly, and happy than I did on no cannabis.

Taking a long break and working on yourself and coming back with a different mindset can work wonders for a relationship with cannabis.

Going on binges is fine too! As long as you go on a break after. This cycle of everyday for a few weeks/months and then no cannabis for a few weeks/months can teach the self alot also.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

PREV1234NEXT