We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Spiritual quotes Options

fluidfocus
#21 Posted : 4/19/2015 8:00:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fluidfocus
#22 Posted : 4/19/2015 8:02:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All thing in this dualistic
realty are manifestations
of the same conscious energy.
Separation is an illusion.

Relax into the moment.
Open your heart to the infinite
lovebliss ceaselessly flowing
through the here and now.

You are that.

joedirt
#23 Posted : 4/20/2015 11:52:44 AM

Not I

You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~~Mahatma Gandhi.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#24 Posted : 4/20/2015 2:23:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"god is an abortion"
Long live the unwoke.

Swarupa
#25 Posted : 4/21/2015 11:20:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Be Still

Mindlusion
#26 Posted : 4/21/2015 1:57:37 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

'We need to cultivate compassion and relieve suffering, but also to understand that everything is perfect just the way it is'
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Rising Spirit
#27 Posted : 4/21/2015 2:00:05 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

That's a really great one, Chronic.

Psalms 46:10 wrote:
Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.

This is not a call from an anthropomorphic deity jonesing for worship of itself and so, demanding blind faith and a perpetuation of dualistic conceptualizations and fantasies about a God somewhere else... out there... rather, it is a call from inside of the mind's heart of all existential beings. Echoing from the I Am Principle, radiant and blissful, pulsing deeply within each relative manifestation of the Omniself, our very source and the ground of all sentient being.

'Tis is the Sacred dance of Nataraja. And direct Gnosis of this transcendental state is our highest calling, the point where we all meet as one presence. Such a unified state of being exists within all of this perceivable creation and flourishes freely in nature. Any duality of self an other is a transient illusion, a mirrored mirage, an impermanent dreamscape had by the fleeting nature of our seeming mortality.

In meditative practice, to silence the mind and to expand exponentially into the field of the Infinite, the blinding effulgence of the Clear Light of the Void, requires a stillness so powerful that it shatters one's relative fixation upon the confines of the individuated self. Another lens of perception is wholly necessary. The mind's eye must open to clearly witness the inner brilliance of the Self. Seeing must become an awakening from the dream of the isolated self into the sheer perfection of Godself.

Deep within the very epicenterical core of each being is the same, indivisible field of undifferentiated conscious-awareness. "I am that I am." Sure, the Godhead is deified by the many "nations" and varied cultures within the human paradigm, yet, I Am is wholly universal in it's eternal quintessence. Again, Tat Tvam Asi, we are all That, forevermore. Thumbs up

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Rising Spirit
#28 Posted : 4/21/2015 2:20:51 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

A few of my very favorites!

Gautama Buddha wrote:
Like a lighted torch whose flame can be distributed to ever so many other torches which people may bring along; and therewith they will dispel all darkness, while the original torch itself remains burning ever the same. It is even so with the bliss of the Way. As you think, so you shall become.

Therefore, be ye lamps unto yourselves, be a refuge to yourselves. Hold fast to Truth as a lamp; hold fast to the truth as a refuge. Look not for a refuge in anyone beside yourselves. And those, who shall be a lamp unto themselves, shall betake themselves to no external refuge, but holding fast to the Truth as their lamp, and holding fast to the Truth as their refuge, they shall reach the topmost height.

Socrates wrote:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. My knowledge comes from an unknowing. Wisdom begins in wonder. All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine. Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. The end of life is to be like God, and the soul following God will be like Him.

Lao Tzu wrote:
He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limit. Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.

Mahavira wrote:
The nature of things is Dharma. All souls are equal and alike, and having a similar nature and the very same spiritual qualities. In happiness and suffering, in joy and grief, we should regard all creatures as we regard our own self.

There is no separate existence of God appart from oneself. Everybody can attain God-hood by making supreme efforts in the right direction. Know thyself, recognize thyself, be immersed in thyself - you will attain enlightenment. Modes are infinite, and laws are infinite. Soul is the central point of spiritual discipline. Silence is the language of Brahman.

Yeshua the Christ wrote:
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (AUM). I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find I am there. I and my father are one.

Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light. So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (ego death & rebirth).

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

William James wrote:
There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference. Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.

Wisdom is learning what to overlook. 'Pure experience' is the name I gave to the immediate flux of life which furnishes the material to our later reflection with its conceptual categories. To be conscious means not simply to be, but to be reported, known, to have awareness of one's being added to that being.

Nikola Tesla wrote:
It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations.

Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects. The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.

Timothy Leary wrote:
You've got to loose yourself to find yourself. You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind. The universe is an intelligence test. Science is all metaphor. If you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove.

My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out.

John Lennon wrote:
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. There's nothing you can know that isn't known... all you need is love. Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call "God" is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

The more I see the less I know for sure. Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Mindlusion
#29 Posted : 4/21/2015 4:45:44 PM

Thank you Rising Spirit.

John 14:6 wrote:
Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I appreciate the way to described that quote from psalms, the way I see this one is he is not simply talking about his little self, the ego when he says 'I am' and 'through me' he is letting us know we all possess the omnipresent self

Rising Spirit wrote:
rather, it is a call from inside of the mind's heart of all existential beings. Echoing from the I Am Principle, radiant and blissful, pulsing deeply within each relative manifestation of the Omniself, our very source and the ground of all sentient being.

"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Swarupa
#30 Posted : 4/21/2015 5:27:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
That's a really great one, Chronic.

Psalms 46:10 wrote:
Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.

This is not a call from an anthropomorphic deity jonesing for worship of itself and so, demanding blind faith and a perpetuation of dualistic conceptualizations and fantasies about a God somewhere else... out there... rather, it is a call from inside of the mind's heart of all existential beings. Echoing from the I Am Principle, radiant and blissful, pulsing deeply within each relative manifestation of the Omniself, our very source and the ground of all sentient being.

'Tis is the Sacred dance of Nataraja. And direct Gnosis of this transcendental state is our highest calling, the point where we all meet as one presence. Such a unified state of being exists within all of this perceivable creation and flourishes freely in nature. Any duality of self an other is a transient illusion, a mirrored mirage, an impermanent dreamscape had by the fleeting nature of our seeming mortality.

In meditative practice, to silence the mind and to expand exponentially into the field of the Infinite, the blinding effulgence of the Clear Light of the Void, requires a stillness so powerful that it shatters one's relative fixation upon the confines of the individuated self. Another lens of perception is wholly necessary. The mind's eye must open to clearly witness the inner brilliance of the Self. Seeing must become an awakening from the dream of the isolated self into the sheer perfection of Godself.

Deep within the very epicenterical core of each being is the same, indivisible field of undifferentiated conscious-awareness. "I am that I am." Sure, the Godhead is deified by the many "nations" and varied cultures within the human paradigm, yet, I Am is wholly universal in it's eternal quintessence. Again, Tat Tvam Asi, we are all That, forevermore. Thumbs up

Nice, i feel like a good clarification on the quote 'Be still, and know that I am God' is 'Be still and know that 'I Am' is God'

So like you say rather than worshipping an anthropomorphic deity ones very own consciousness 'I' is seen to be the divine principle existing in all beings across the universe, it really hits home Smile

I also like this one from Meister Eckhart...

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."

I feel like the word 'eye' could be interchangeable with the word 'I'

#31 Posted : 4/21/2015 8:52:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Avoiding Death deadens us.
In the resulting numbness — over which may be superimposed plenty of
feeling and vitality — we easily become overly invested in whatever most
reassuringly secures us.

D.S.W

joedirt
#32 Posted : 4/21/2015 9:33:02 PM

Not I

Rising Spirit I love that quote of Yeshua the Christ!

Another great Jesus quote is:

Jesus wrote:
The Kingdom of God is within you.

Man Jesus sure has been misunderstood by the masses for a very VERY long time now. Sad really.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

hug46
#33 Posted : 4/21/2015 10:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:

Man Jesus sure has been misunderstood by the masses for a very VERY long time now. Sad really.

Here"s one for you Joe if you"re into Jesus and the indistinguishible from the universe thing.

jesus wrote:
I am the light which is on them all. I am the All, and the All has gone out from me and the All has come back to me. Cleave the wood: I am there; lift the stone and thou shalt find me there!

joedirt
#34 Posted : 4/21/2015 10:45:08 PM

Not I

hug46 wrote:
joedirt wrote:

Here"s one for you Joe if you"re into Jesus and the indistinguishible from the universe thing.

jesus wrote:
I am the light which is on them all. I am the All, and the All has gone out from me and the All has come back to me. Cleave the wood: I am there; lift the stone and thou shalt find me there!

Actually that is the quote I was referring to the Rising Spirit made higher up.

Yeshua the Christ wrote:
:
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (AUM). I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find I am there. I and my father are one.

Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light. So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (ego death & rebirth).

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Great quote. Smile

#35 Posted : 4/22/2015 1:07:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

To unguardedly face and feel the transience, the inherent insubstantiality, the
essential and ultimate Mystery of everything, including the “I” now reading this,
undoes the knot and agendas of self, leaving nothing but What-Really-Matters.

D.S.W

lobo
#36 Posted : 4/22/2015 2:47:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"To love and to know prove to be pretty much the same thing; as a rule the people we know best are those we love best" Hermann Hesse

#37 Posted : 4/22/2015 11:42:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Whatever we turn away from, whatever we exclude from our exploration,
whatever we deem unworthy of our investigative eye, whatever we refuse to
become truly intimate with, ultimately only diminishes us. In turning away
from our fear — be it everyday worry or transpersonal dread — we are only
turning away from our own healing and Homecoming.

D.S.W

Adjhart
#38 Posted : 4/22/2015 4:10:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The key to letting go is realizing there's nothing to hold on to in the first place.

A. Watts

No Knowing
#39 Posted : 4/22/2015 9:31:34 PM

fool adept

The butcher does not relent at the bleating of the lamb; neither is the heart of the cruel moved with distress. But the tears of the compassionate are sweeter than dewdrops, falling from roses on the bosom of spring. —Akhenaton

“The wise man knows that it is better to sit on the banks of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the whole world.”
― Zhuangzi

Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.
-- Francis Bacon
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Mindlusion
#40 Posted : 4/22/2015 9:52:32 PM

Kindness, Empathy, Compassion, Tolerance.

Honesty, Unselfishness, Love, Purity.

Free flowing infinite unconditional love

Jeremiah 31:33-34 wrote:
"I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know God,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

For me this speaks to me what you have all already said in all 40 posts of this thread, that we will all know that we are that

PREV1234NEXT»