We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
DMT. Music or no music? Options

Lightbringer
#41 Posted : 1/29/2023 11:05:26 AM
The best gift you can give to another person is to be comfortable in your own skin, self acceptance , confidence . Leading by example . The best gift you can give yourself is becoming your true authentic self and finding happiness within yourself only the

I actually prefer frequency music when I do it I have a hapoiness frequency somg that helps with my pain a lot when I’m going with the intention of relieving my physical pain it gives a really great analgesic effect for me unless I take a bigger hit or forget to set my intention for some reason. Then all bets are off lol!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Htsee
#42 Posted : 1/30/2023 9:51:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lateralus47 wrote:
hello people of the nexus. i am planning my first trip into hyperspace very soon and i am contemplating wether or not to play music during the experience because i dont want to be distracted by the music or something. so what do you guys perfer and do you think that music takes away or adds too the experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7KBICD4KQ

this is my go to song for trips, usually on noise-cancelling headphones. should up anyones alley.
IIRC the artist is an Aya ceremony provider too

if you like jazz, I thoroughly enjoyed tripping to these two by Miles Davis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIyqiIJ98w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RfJrlI-rP0

Htsee
#43 Posted : 1/30/2023 9:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SynKyd wrote:
Tribal drumming is awesome, or anything light or trippy without vocals is my preference. Agree with others that if you go deep it doesn't matter you won't hear it for much of the journey. The drumming does help reground on the return I think, if that's what you want.

Kodo is amazing, if you need a drumming reference point.

If you got tribal drumming songs to recommend id love to get deeper into that vibe!

Twilight Person
#44 Posted : 2/14/2023 2:07:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like this one:

Skyrim Exploration Suite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtfo9kuRTU

Skyrim Ambience - Night
https://www.youtube.com/...&ab_channel=Everness

Atmospheric and calm, but still not 'boring'.
~ O ~

elisabethcicero62
#45 Posted : 2/18/2023 6:14:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When I smoke DMT, I have a specific thing I do.
I lay down on bed or couch with headphones on (or earbuds in,)
I wrap a shirt or blanket around my eyes/head, preferably tight enough
to press the headphones against my ears to make me hear the music
as loud as possible. Then, I listen to ethereal or reverb+slowed
versions of Frederic Chopin songs. People usually are turned off at the idea
of "classical music." But I have never, ever experienced anything
like what I experience, when I am in that room, in that space, and
the music playing, feels like, as if I'm hearing something that entails
every drama, death, affair, encounter, EVERYTHING that ever happened in humanity
on earth. Nothing has ever made me feel so in awe, that's the best way to describe.
In awe. The best songs I've had these experiences with are Ballade 4 in F minor,
Fantaise Impromptu, Ballade 1 in G minor, etc...

https://youtu.be/S1_xZZ73NV4

artificer
#46 Posted : 2/18/2023 10:05:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elisabethcicero62 wrote:
Then, I listen to ethereal or reverb+slowed
versions of Frederic Chopin songs. People usually are turned off at the idea
of "classical music." But I have never, ever experienced anything
like what I experience, when I am in that room, in that space, and
the music playing, feels like, as if I'm hearing something that entails
every drama, death, affair, encounter, EVERYTHING that ever happened in humanity
on earth.
https://youtu.be/S1_xZZ73NV4

Listening a bit of the slowed reverb Chopin making me wonder if I'm tripping when I'm sober, might try this with DMT later...

I've always had some music, or more often "binaural beats" track designed for meditation while on DMT, honestly I'm a bit afraid of what trip would be like at home in silence. I could see being in nature with no music working out quite nice though Smile I had one dmt/harmala trip with some youtube track tagged "warning DMT music" or something like that, and it literally kept stretching and intensifying the trip to point it took everything in me to sort out the remote, as soon as I finally stopped the track the comedown was almost instant.

In general, the aural input is huge for me with DMT. I have my best experiences when I find a proper track I've never heard before, that's when I feel like I get carried all the way to the entities' realm. If I've already listened to it before, idk, it can get close but not to same heights/depths; it's along the lines of never being able to say "ok trip, this is where I want to go, take me there". The random track I've never heard can be hit or miss, but if hits, it's beautiful.
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

Pandora
#47 Posted : 2/26/2023 1:15:38 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

It has been over 7 years since my last journey but I do recall some of the best ones at least partially synaesthetically driving my visions.

And I agree with those who prefer few or no lyrics. I recall Shpongle, Androcell, Bluetech and similar working well.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Physics131
#48 Posted : 8/24/2023 11:01:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

navegandouniversos
#49 Posted : 8/25/2023 12:44:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi friend!

I think it depends on the experience you are looking for, sometimes a session with the music of nature (if you live somewhere surrounded by it) can be very special and welcoming.

Personally, when the situation is to be accompanied by music, I like to listen to Australian Didgeridoo music, since from the first time I experienced it the synergy I lived was something sublime!, I love the ambient music in my sessions (but, most I recognize that they have been without music reproduced).

If you are a musician, I recommend that you have your musical instruments nearby, what happens sometimes is really special.

Good path for you, true love and fullness for your experience

Hugs !

the_Architect
#50 Posted : 8/25/2023 1:40:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I´ve tried different types of music... actually, in aya session, the shaman or an invited artist would play live (they have to drink a little... no sober admited).

In dmt sessions... well, the daft punk "random access memory" album is great. Also the Veridis quo song.
I´ve done amelie music, vangelis, regular pop, different styles. I preffer a song without a lyric, cause it´s distracting maybe (or from a language I don´t speak).

There are a couple of shamanic songs by Istvan Sky that would make you trip sober... :
Impossible shamanic voice
Healing avatar

Also, sounds are enhanced by dmt, you hear more... those funny rain or thunder instruments... or a rattle, will make you feel like you are just right there. Some shamanic voices make you feel like... you can hear the soul of the person singing live...

Tibetan bowls are cool too, or a didgeridoo, close to your stomach, that would make your chakras vibrate.

"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

Dasein
#51 Posted : 9/3/2023 2:30:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I first started doing DMT, I always had some music playing during my journeys. Back then, listening to music on DMT was the single most beautiful thing ever. But that changed at some point... entities started messing up my music, I started to get more disoriented, DMT and Music could no longer really flow together. Now I rarely do DMT but I almost always do it in quiet. I have also noted that my music perception has become much better and more precise. I listen ever more carefully and pay attention to every minute detail. I think this may partly be the reason why I cannot listen to music on DMT since I can no longer truly focus on one thing or the other.

Cannabis is different though... my entire being becomes musical on weed! my mind becomes empty of all thoughts, and emotions, or perhaps I should say that all the thoughts and emotions only exist as music. The muscles relax and loosen up, tension and anxiety go away, I no longer have to think about what to play, the music plays itself. The fingers know exactly what to do, and the whole body comes into a certain rhythm, the heart, the breathing, everything comes into a sync. That is a moment of pure ecstasy... I used to experience that while listening to music on DMT, but now I mostly have it while playing music on weed.
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

CharCharBinks
#52 Posted : 9/25/2023 4:44:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If I'm outside and there's no risk of hearing road traffic in the distance or someone walking by, no music. I would prefer the sounds of my surroundings in that context.

If I'm inside my house, I usually put on music to cover the sounds of cars passing by/weird old house noises. Usually downtempo electronic like CharlesTheFirst or Tipper for me. I have noticed that if I dont reduce the volume one or two clicks from what sounds good pre-flight, the music ends up being uncomfortably loud in-flight. That may just be me though.

If possible, the sounds of a loud crackling wood fire has been my favorite recently.

bmxer7247
#53 Posted : 10/4/2023 5:22:25 PM

safe travels!

personally, music distracts me on DMT. i wear noise cancelling headphones and listen to the pings and ringing forming from my mind Smile
and this was surprising to me because i LOVE music, especially while tripping. STRFKR is a vibe on almost any psych!

also, this isnt the case for everyone! many prefer music. just keep it light, loving, and in the background.

PREV123