We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
DMT. Music or no music? Options

luminance
#21 Posted : 10/5/2014 8:02:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes music influences my experience, sometimes it draws me out of being completely engulfed by hyperspace and sometimes the music just turns to something indescribable.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

darklordsson
#22 Posted : 10/5/2014 4:06:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Music...
Chill Lounge Music of personal choice.Thumbs up

Gregory212
#23 Posted : 10/5/2014 4:42:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys you'll be able to tell I'm new here and I have a question and am so so sorry if it's posted in the wrong thread/format but this was where I thought it should go so here goes...

I've been researching ayahuasca for about a year now, but have decided that as I'm in a student house it'd be a little risky (socially/legally) to spend the whole day brewing the tea. I found this YouTube video from what seems like a reputable person here : https://youtube.com/watch?v=BHv_vji9MtQ stating an alternative method.

He suggests the capsule method, of powdering Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostillis and taking 2g of Syrian Rue and then 2g of the Mimosa, waiting half an hour and taking more mimosa depending on the effects you already receive.

Now after some more research I learnt that consuming Syrian Rue can be really bad for you, which leads me onto my question.

What if I make Syrian Rue tea and take the mimosa hostilis capsules with it? Will this be an effective method, or will I just be wasting my time?

The dosage would be 3g Syrian Rue in approx 330ml high alkaline water -- a 5 minute wait and then 6g Mimosa Hostillis (2g 3 times half an hour in between).

any feedback on whether this will make for an educational DMT trip will be appreciated. I'm open to ideas on improvement.

Thanks for much for your time and sorry again if I posted this in the wrong place.

Swinjin
#24 Posted : 10/5/2014 5:34:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gregory212 wrote:
Hey guys you'll be able to tell I'm new here and I have a question and am so so sorry if it's posted in the wrong thread/format but this was where I thought it should go so here goes...

I've been researching ayahuasca for about a year now, but have decided that as I'm in a student house it'd be a little risky (socially/legally) to spend the whole day brewing the tea. I found this YouTube video from what seems like a reputable person here : https://youtube.com/watch?v=BHv_vji9MtQ stating an alternative method.

He suggests the capsule method, of powdering Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostillis and taking 2g of Syrian Rue and then 2g of the Mimosa, waiting half an hour and taking more mimosa depending on the effects you already receive.

Now after some more research I learnt that consuming Syrian Rue can be really bad for you, which leads me onto my question.

What if I make Syrian Rue tea and take the mimosa hostilis capsules with it? Will this be an effective method, or will I just be wasting my time?

The dosage would be 3g Syrian Rue in approx 330ml high alkaline water -- a 5 minute wait and then 6g Mimosa Hostillis (2g 3 times half an hour in between).

any feedback on whether this will make for an educational DMT trip will be appreciated. I'm open to ideas on improvement.

Thanks for much for your time and sorry again if I posted this in the wrong place.

Why would you post this question in this thread?

Orion
#25 Posted : 10/5/2014 5:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of my journeys have involved music. Usually something rather calm helps guide the experience, sometimes it does not fit at all but rarely has it taken away from the experience. It just depends on what kind of music. Nothing too sensational or loud with powerful riffs or beat drops, as this can be risky. It might sound great when sober but when your brain is full of tryptamines it can be a little jarring and uncomfortable.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Pandamonium540
#26 Posted : 11/6/2014 2:52:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this thread is a bit old but I personally love having music in the background.

I have gone with and without music but when there is something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OzPIvF7hnc

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMsWKN4BmaE

it helps keep a peaceful vibe for me upon entering hyperspace

I've used this one before and it was.... I don't even know, just try listening to this one and tell me how you imagine it going Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r364h19dXio

Happy Travels

-Pandamonium540

hadoq
#27 Posted : 11/6/2014 11:21:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Music is a very important part of my life. and for my first experiences, I took great care of selecting non invasive, high quality music (sacred, logical, ambient, minimalistic music etc...)

EVERY TIME, it held me back, every time.

so no music and low ambient light for me. The ringing in my head is what I'm listening to.

Qurious
#28 Posted : 11/6/2014 11:27:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This mix i can realy advice you to listen to while going in to hyperspaceThumbs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBl4pp0Sfko

Morrison1976
#29 Posted : 12/13/2022 7:53:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did DMT other other day listening to nick cave and the bad seeds album Ghostine. Was an amazing experience Smile

universecannon
#30 Posted : 12/13/2022 8:36:53 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Sound can be used as a means of vastly enhancing the coherence/depth of psychedelic states via sympathetic resonance. Try something like this plus a quartz singing bowl https://youtu.be/THU9zfWCUr0

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jees
#31 Posted : 12/14/2022 10:54:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ghettohmbrglr wrote:
Silence + darkness for this guy. Don't want anything holding me back from this world.
While I'm strongly supportive for this in the come up and top section, the come down in oral sessions is long and tapered which make it open for gradual "back in this world" stuff.

Reality warper
#32 Posted : 12/22/2022 4:00:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i absoluteluy love music on dmt,i dont choose music with lyrics however.Its usually psychill/downtempo/psybient/ambient etc.

Toshido
#33 Posted : 12/23/2022 12:24:25 AM

Research & Development

I like listening to BlueTech while doing it. It's downtempo and none of the tracks change drastically from bar to bar that might spook you. It's nice and mellow. I don't use headphones though as that's a little too right in the ear. It's just nice to listen to as I'm fading away.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Toshido
#34 Posted : 12/23/2022 12:25:07 AM

Research & Development

Reality warper wrote:
i absoluteluy love music on dmt,i dont choose music with lyrics however.Its usually psychill/downtempo/psybient/ambient etc.

This. No lyrics. ^
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Mister_Niles
#35 Posted : 12/24/2022 1:27:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love instrumental music while on dmt. Lately for me it's been Imaginary Day by Pat Metheney group. Perfect for longer dmt trips.
Entities in my corner of hyperspace seem to love music. They even make requests. I've had well known pieces deconstructed and re arranged in real time during trips. When you hear a new version of a piece of music you've listened to thousands of times over the years, it's pretty amazing. The piano solo by Lyle Mays on Ozark from as Falls Wichita Falls, So Falls Wichita Falls. is the one that changes every time I listen to it while in hyperspace. I've actually had entities say to me: "Check this out." and then turn the jazz piano solo into something more akin to a mid period Aphex Twin through composed glitch fest, and one time into a full on Bach style fugue version.
Pretty incredible.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

starway7
#36 Posted : 12/25/2022 12:48:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
I love instrumental music while on dmt. Lately for me it's been Imaginary Day by Pat Metheney group. Perfect for longer dmt trips.
Entities in my corner of hyperspace seem to love music. They even make requests. I've had well known pieces deconstructed and re arranged in real time during trips. When you hear a new version of a piece of music you've listened to thousands of times over the years, it's pretty amazing. The piano solo by Lyle Mays on Ozark from as Falls Wichita Falls, So Falls Wichita Falls. is the one that changes every time I listen to it while in hyperspace. I've actually had entities say to me: "Check this out." and then turn the jazz piano solo into something more akin to a mid period Aphex Twin through composed glitch fest, and one time into a full on Bach style fugue version.
Pretty incredible.

Mr Niles.. Hi.. havent seen you post for quite a while.. If you remember Starway6 several years back..

I agree with you on using piano music while tripping on lower doses...

[first of all] if the molecule dose is too high...it doesnt matter much if your playing music or not..you may be too smashed to benifit from music..

[but if you are taking more sensable lower doses]...Mellow Piano music actually can smooth out the trip... and prevent freak outs.....[works great with mescaline].. if not on too high a dose ..I often listen to lakota piano...

I was playing piano music while on.. T peruvianus cactus...it got very emotional in a good soothing way..

I was so happy the notes of the piano music became a never ending.. unwinding movie reel.. [i observed with closed eyes]

Piano music during an altered state can be very soothing...it can even bring tears of joy ..

here is an example of [...Brule ..Lakota Piano..]...music like this.. can mellow out even a crazy salvia trip... and turn it into something beautyfull! an anker in rough seas... watch video in full screen!

https://youtu.be/nVCvUZXcg_I.... .. peace is all around you

https://youtu.be/FBWx6j083A0....... ..Birth

https://youtu.be/Bz7zdUUmy5s .... man in the sky

https://youtu.be/EwTNjkC3Cw0....... ...color nature gone

PickleRick
#37 Posted : 12/25/2022 11:39:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I think both have merit, sometimes i like to enjoy tribal sounds or even soft reggae especially if im not intending to breakthrough and might just be smoking some dmt in a joint for example, if I’m looking for a deeper experience I prefer no sounds so I can immerse myself as much as possible Smile
Wubba lubba dub dub

Wolfnippletip
#38 Posted : 12/25/2022 7:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have usually vaped DMT without music, and became even more careful after taking a sub-breakthrough hit of enhanced leaf during this track:

When the female voices kicked in @ 4:25 I got an intense impression there was a company of Valkyries riding my way on a storm front, swords raised COMIN' TA GIT ME. Shocked

When vaped DMT hits, sounds start R2D2-ing so hard and fast there's no way I can predict how I'll interpret them. Cactus, on the other hand makes almost any music sound great. And seems to me Reggae music can smooth out a difficult psychedelic experience.

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Mister_Niles
#39 Posted : 12/27/2022 3:10:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Mr Niles.. Hi.. havent seen you post for quite a while.. If you remember Starway6 several years back.."

Yeah! I remember you. I'm glad to be back. Feels like home. Thanks for those links. I imagine that music would be very satisfying for low dose work. I don't want to offend at all, and I don't mean this as a negative thing. I'm just an audio geek and a bit of a snob. There is a certain cheese factor to what you shared, as there is with Metheney and a lot of music that straddles the jazz/world music/new age fence. That doesn't mean I don't love it. I still love the Bay City Rollers from when I was a kid and they are undeniably cheesy, but great.
The Lakota piano you shared is so simple and lacking in ornamentation, that it seems like it would be PERFECT for hyperspace. The overly polished production is a wonderful thing, and in an altered head space, I expect it must be incredible. Beautiful stuff. Downloading and making a playlist as we speak. Man. Thanks. That stuff is great.
It's been a rough few years. Covid brought back the symptoms from my TBI with a vengeance. I was working with ketamine & dmt together for relief from the worst of my symptoms, but lost the ability to get ketamine and can't afford the clinics. So I've been suffering without psychedelics. Mushrooms became too difficult to talk myself into taking. Now I'm back and intend on doing some serious work with ayahuasca, which previously I have only done with the extracted active ingredients. So, I'll be hanging around.

I'm also going to post soon about my insane musical productivity during the pandemic. I was urged by entities to finally get to work, for real. I recorded almost 2000 pieces of my own music in 2 years. I also started a band with a friend and released a few albums. I think a lot of my stuff is good for listening while on psychedelics. I'm a little squirmy about sharing it, but I'm going to force myself. As a matter of fact, here are couple of links to my band stuff. I do the guitars and vocals and my partner does keyboards, treatments and other instruments. Our first EP is interesting but might be too experimental and lo-fi for you. It starts with me playing a piece using 4 or five tracks of acoustic guitar one fingerpicked, the others played with an e bow. The piece came out of a strange experience during a medium clearing my neighbors house. My partner took the firs piece and used it to create the second , then I used that for material to create the third (The track Egret Zero, which people have described as a journey through the mind. An incredible compliment).The last piece is a short strange acoustic guitar texture thing. No obligation. I'll also post a thing from another album that I have a feeling you might more readily enjoy, just in case you are interested.

Egret Zero - Self Titled EP
https://www.youtube.com/...Ytaq-h54-4XjXAmGlqRUyFoE
Egret Zero - Wyncote Earth from Wait For Now
https://www.youtube.com/...0uuM6z6qEVT4&index=4

Thanks for welcoming me back and giving me the present of the Lakota Piano. It made me feel good. I hope all is well with you.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

DetritusTheEgo
#40 Posted : 1/1/2023 11:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is no right or wrong, do whatever feels right for you at the time. I sometimes like to do a sub-breakthrough hit with sounds playing first and then shut everything off and do a second breakthrough with no sound. Usually I have high anxiety approaching the experience when I go to lay down but once I've taken that first sub-breakthrough hit that melts away and feel like "I'm ready to do this."

I like to do sounds which can be music or not. Nature sounds that people use to fall asleep like running water from a river, rain, rain forest sounds, waves, thunder, etc. Meditation music of various types like didgeridoo, flutes, throat singing, icaros, etc.

I had a really memorable but indescribable experience with Imagined Herbal Flows - Clouds at .75 playback speed.

PREV123NEXT