We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What does everyone do to ground themself? Options

Space
#1 Posted : 7/30/2009 2:13:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone actually think about this? I find it very important to reattach myself firmly to earth again after letting go. Mostly to make the most of time and not fuck up at work because I work with large amounts of money.
Some of the things I do to ground myself are working-out, eating food like fruit, drinking lot's of green tea (green tea is amazing for this) and I sometimes play those brain training type games online. I'm wondering right now if a cold shower would also be good.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 7/30/2009 3:08:39 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

definitely green tea, a liter a day.
occasional aniracetam or piracetam caps

but most of all...music.
mine's a perpetual loungey soundtrack, jazzy downtempo and trip-hop instrumental, a la golden era hip-hop. pure chill music with me, wherever I go
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Madcap
#3 Posted : 7/30/2009 3:43:01 AM

illudium Q-36

I certainly agree with the music and green tea. But I really like to dig into a mindless task like mowing the lawn. The mower provides a nice white noise (with earplugs to muffle the volume) Its a great time to think. I can't stop what I'm doing and act on any thoughts so I can fully explore them without pressure. It's the same with working out, although I don't don't do that on as solid of a schedule.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

smokeydaze
#4 Posted : 7/30/2009 4:47:28 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

benzyme wrote:
definitely green tea, a liter a day.
occasional aniracetam or piracetam caps

but most of all...music.
mine's a perpetual loungey soundtrack, jazzy downtempo and trip-hop instrumental, a la golden era hip-hop. pure chill music with me, wherever I go

I'd definitely agree, you should check out some of the artist I recently suggested in the vibrasphere thread benzyme..
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

jamie
#5 Posted : 7/30/2009 5:49:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I eat fruit like berries and drink water after my trip to bring my blood sugar back and ground myself..green tea is nice, but caffine isnt always grounding in my experience..if I drink caffine right before I travel I feel more jittery after..though that could becasue I am using maoi's with my my spice.

Long live the unwoke.

Space
#6 Posted : 7/30/2009 12:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I forgot about music. Thats definitely a good one.

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 7/30/2009 2:35:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

taking a walk through the woods is a good way...another is to imagine roots extending from your feet going way down into the center of the earth..and then imagine all the extra hyper energy stuff..to balance itself out with the earth...no matter if you dont believe in that sort of thing its a good visualization to train yourself to calm DOWN to earth..

smoking weed also helps right after the experience..it puts the brain on slow..

incense is good...palo santo is my favorite..

lavender is very grounding..and SWIM loves putting a pinch of it in his changa..the smell and taste are so amazing..and really lend to a awesome experience..while adding its amazing calming effects

drink water

play instrument

drink beer

eat food
it's a sound

Seven
#8 Posted : 7/30/2009 3:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

consciously watch the breath
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 7/30/2009 3:57:44 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

smokeydaze wrote:

I'd definitely agree, you should check out some of the artist I recently suggested in the vibrasphere thread benzyme..

lol which ones? you listed a lot of music Razz

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

soulfood
#10 Posted : 7/30/2009 4:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I don't feel a need to ground myself after a psychedelic experience. If anything it's the experience itself that grounds me. For example, after a DMT session my head is much clearer to think about what's really important.

But just for keeping my feet on the ground in general, all I have to do is leave my house.

Ginkgo
#11 Posted : 7/30/2009 5:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my opinion, there is no better way to ground yourself than to feel the ground. A walk in the woods, wading at the beach barefoot, taking care of your garden, feeling the dirt on your fingers, et cetera. Smile

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 7/30/2009 6:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ahhh yes playing in the garden is awesome
it's a sound

۩
#13 Posted : 7/30/2009 7:04:37 PM

Seven wrote:
consciously watch the breath

In and out through the nose slowly. Breathing in the belly expands,
breathing out the belly retracts,
creating a circular orbit-like feel after a while...perfect gyration...

Space
#14 Posted : 7/30/2009 7:13:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The breathing one's a good one, that will help with centering and focusing.

See, DMT is big one for opening up, but I'm wondering what amazing herbs are out there for closing/grounding. Like I said, green tea is a good one, but what other herbs could be used for alertness, sharpness, energy, and a mentality for say working in a job that requires good attention?

I guess in short, a good herb for energy?

Ginkgo
#15 Posted : 7/30/2009 8:17:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A very good herb for grounding is Sacred Tobacco, which Amazonian Ayahuasca shamans use to both bless the Ayahuasca drink and ground themselves before and/or after a ceremony. However, if you abuse it, and/or use the poisoned tobacco you can buy as cigarettes, it will not have the same great effect. I'm growing my own tobacco, drying it and using it as snus.

۩
#16 Posted : 7/30/2009 8:27:21 PM

Evening Glory wrote:
A very good herb for grounding is Sacred Tobacco, which Amazonian Ayahuasca shamans use to both bless the Ayahuasca drink and ground themselves before and/or after a ceremony. However, if you abuse it, and/or use the poisoned tobacco you can buy as cigarettes, it will not have the same great effect. I'm growing my own tobacco, drying it and using it as snus.

What's snus? Snuff?
I love Mapacho! Nicotiana rustica. I have one growing as well.
Singado, which is tobacco tea drunk thru the nose, is incredibly synergistic and empowering when working in ceremony.

A few puffs upon reentry....BLISS.

Ginkgo
#17 Posted : 7/30/2009 8:39:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Snus is tobacco you keep under your upper front lip, very popular here in Scandinavia. The advantage of this way to use it is nearly no damaging effect, as nothing is inhaled, snuffed or in any other way ingested. I have never tried Mapacho as a snuff, that is for sure something I should try!