We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
identifying mimosa tree Options

Psilo-cybe
#1 Posted : 9/20/2014 4:23:00 PM

Psilo

first off, i am quite new to this site. every now and then i will take a peak and skim through different forums for what peaks my interest, but today is the day i just had to join the forums.
i am in love with most psychedelics i have done and my most favorite now has been DMT, doing research i have found many plant life in my area which contain this wonderful chemical, living in alabama i was overwhelmed when i had found my first wild passion flower vine and an abundance of mimosa trees. now that i am back in florida i noticed what appears to be a mimosa but cannot quite tell as it is still quite young. the mimosa i have found in alabama had its flowers and were quite large. in the images i have i tried to get the best pictures i could of the stems, the main trunk itself and the front and back of leaves. could anyone help me identify if this is one of its sub-species and if so which species? much thanks Smile
Psilo-cybe attached the following image(s):
IMG_20140920_091830.jpg (455kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
IMG_20140920_091917.jpg (402kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
IMG_20140920_091952.jpg (454kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
IMG_20140920_092150.jpg (287kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
why should we listen to others opinions when they are scared to follow us on our journeys

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cosmic Spore
#2 Posted : 9/20/2014 5:27:53 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

Hello there, what people in Alabama call Mimosa or furmosa is actually Albizia julibrissin.
I've grown several of those & judging by the stem & leaves, I believe that is what is pictured.

My understanding is that true Mimosa trees don't naturally grow within the continental United States; though you could get some seeds & try growing them.

Psilo-cybe
#3 Posted : 9/20/2014 5:33:58 PM

Psilo

Cosmic Spore wrote:
Hello there, what people in Alabama call Mimosa or furmosa is actually Albizia julibrissin.
I've grown several of those & judging by the stem & leaves, I believe that is what is pictured.

My understanding is that true Mimosa trees don't naturally grow within the continental United States; though you could get some seeds & try growing them.
thank you so much for that, i will just let the plant be and take its course in nature.

i know alot of phalaris grows around my area so i think i will focus on that instead of the trees until they are fully grown
why should we listen to others opinions when they are scared to follow us on our journeys

wearepeople
#4 Posted : 9/23/2014 5:59:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmic Spore wrote:

They're not mimosa hostilis but they're true mimosas:

Mimosas in the USA (&Puerto Rico)

Pretty surprised to see M. arenosa listed as growing in Puerto Rico.
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +