We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Tobacco Disinfo Options

PsilocybeChild
#21 Posted : 9/12/2014 2:47:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks teotenakeltje. that yuma is 4,50 € ($5.82) for 30 grams or 15.00 € ($19.40) / 100 grams.
I get 170g for $8 (4.64 €). 453g for $16.99 or 13.13 €. If google's currency translator is correct. The brand is called Kentucky Select and it is organic. But shipping costs may not make it a better choice for you and obviously you.

@oversoul1919 I personally try to get as far as I can from commercial tobacco products and choose organic. When you look at the extent of what's in them, the chemicals and radiation. I can't imagine that compounds in tobacco leaf could come anywhere near in terms of a percentage of the harm that commercial cigarettes can potentially cause. We now know that the tobacco industry funded and used scientific studies to undermine and suppress unfavourable results. We can find this information easily online. Studies done on processed chemical tobacco also is not representable of natural tobacco. If I could choose I would say yes studies should be done on organic tobacco, as plants can absorb and transfer chemicals in fertilizers. But as I stated above tobacco corporations use radioactive fertilizers and this, in the US is still marketed as organic. (American Spirit Organic) Because the elements in them occur naturally. But their use of it seems somehow condensed and is extremely high. So we need to move away from commercial tobacco products as their is some is some kind of conspiracy with them treating tobacco fields with radioactive substances, besides the fact that they add obvious poisons as additives.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cognitive Heart
#22 Posted : 9/12/2014 5:05:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oversoul1919 wrote:
All that I can say on this is: if we're about to test if this is true, we should do studies with organic tobacco, right? Studies are performed only with commercial tobacco, if I'm correct.

Correct, they mostly are. Commercial containing far more carcinogens and other extra residues. Which is why my use with pure, unadulterated elder tobacco will remain. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

oversoul1919
#23 Posted : 9/12/2014 8:31:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
oversoul1919 wrote:
All that I can say on this is: if we're about to test if this is true, we should do studies with organic tobacco, right? Studies are performed only with commercial tobacco, if I'm correct.

Correct, they mostly are. Commercial containing far more carcinogens and other extra residues. Which is why my use with pure, unadulterated elder tobacco will remain. Smile

How do you smoke it, btw? Rolling cigars, or cigarettes, or smoking it with pipe? Smile

Cognitive Heart
#24 Posted : 9/12/2014 9:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recommend a corncob pipe..although a basic pipe is fine. Sometimes I roll tobacco by itself or as a spliff.

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

oversoul1919
#25 Posted : 9/14/2014 6:13:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW, I'm curious at how polonium, which is radioactive, gets in tobacco? Do tobacco plants get it from the soil, or does polonium come from pesticides and herbicides?

Cognitive Heart
#26 Posted : 9/14/2014 7:36:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Polonium-210 in tobacco contributes to many of the cases of lung cancer worldwide. Most of this polonium is derived from lead-210 deposited on tobacco leaves from the atmosphere; the lead-210 is a product of radon-222 gas, much of which appears to originate from the decay of radium-226 from fertilizers applied to the tobacco soils.

The presence of polonium in tobacco smoke has been known since the early 1960s. Some of the world's biggest tobacco firms researched ways to remove the substance—to no avail—over a 40-year period but never published the results
- Wikipedia

Auxin
#27 Posted : 9/14/2014 10:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the vein of disinfo, the polonium thing took a funny twist when I was in highschool.
Freshman year all the leaflets said 'polonium-210' as a reason not to smoke tobacco.
However, kids apparently had no idea what that was so it didnt have the desired impact. Over the next couple years all the propaganda leaflets were quietly edited to say Plutonium-210. Because people know plutonium is bad Laughing

hixidom
#28 Posted : 9/18/2014 4:04:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There is much more in natural tobacco than just nicotine. For example the carcinogenic tar that you mentioned is a natural plant substance. It is simply the residue consisting of burnt plant matter.
(Reference)

The radioactive material is not put in cigarettes intentionally. Radioactive material is also natural (Nearly all radioactive material is mined from the Earth). All dirt contains some percentage of radioactive material just like it contains some percentage of Silicon and Carbon. The problem occurs when you grow a plant that feeds off of this soil and then smoke it.
(Reference)

Anyways, my point is that there is no getting around the negative health effects of smoking tobacco. If you want to ingest Nicotine, the only safe way to do it is to vaporize.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Auxin
#29 Posted : 9/18/2014 8:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The radioactive material is put in there intentionally.
The commercial growers knowingly use low grade contaminated fertilizer to increase profit margins because there is no law against it. As mentioned above, tobacco companies know about it and at one time looked into removing it, post-contamination. But they continued buying contaminated tobacco and when laws were passed banning the advertizing of any form of tobacco as 'safer' than another form you can guess what happened to expensive research into safer tobacco.

Jees
#30 Posted : 9/19/2014 11:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On a side note: fascinating how mapacho and Natural American Spirit have a distinct effect, the former like clean, lighter and connecting up, the latter more body-feel, heavier, connecting downwards.
The morning prayer/intentions were done now with a 50/50 blend of both, which did not result in a new mixed feeling, but rather both qualities next to each other in parallel.

PREV12