We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vibrational state study Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 9/2/2014 11:09:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all, the IAC are researching the vibrational state and are asking anybody who has experienced it before to complete a brief online survey.

http://vssurvey.iacworld.org/

The vibrational state is an interesting thing to study for a number of reasons. While OBE's are pretty rare, the vibrational state is one of the most commonly reported phenomena associated with OBE's, occurring in up to 80% of cases! It has also been found to transcend culture, race, sex, religious views, age, nationality, and level of education. The vibrational state is often experienced as a very tangible, powerful and objective feeling phenomena, and via the VELO, it's induction can be also be learned. It is a common, universal, mysterious and little known human experience. The IAC maintain it is a highly beneficial state to induce, as an aside to assisting with OBE induction, and it seems like a worthwhile thing to study.

This page details more information on the vibrational state, including some fascinating recent research conducted by the IAC using fMRI and EEG to study the phenomenon.

http://iacblog-english.b...-state-neuroscience.html

This link details the VELO technique which is what the IAC use to teach people to induce this state at will for a number of reasons. I've been practising this daily since the IAC CDP course and have already started getting tangible results which appear to be cumulative and I'm motivated and inspired to keep going. For anyone interested I would definitely recommend looking into this and consider giving it a try for a while to see what results you get.

http://uk.iacworld.org/h...te-a-step-by-step-guide/

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 9/12/2014 10:12:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those fMRI images are fascinating indeed I tried finding more about them but failed. Is there anymore info out there about them? Have the results been repeated?

Adjhart
#3 Posted : 9/13/2014 3:59:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This happens to me all the time when meditating and I notice it on DMT trips also.

The funny thing though, is that I never know when it starts, I only ever notice the vibration when it suddenly stops for a moment, the contrast is jarring.

It's like it moves in waves, and every once in a while you have two waves that phase-cancel each other out, and everything stops vibrating for a millisecond, and then back on again. It's extremely enjoyable.

I'm looking into the method in that link though, thanks!

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 9/13/2014 2:32:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So this MRI research is all quite cutting edge, and the preliminary results were released last year. Further independent studies at different institutions and with more study participants are planned. The reaction from the scientists conducting the MRI research was interesting. After the initial results, they were so baffled by what they were seeing that they demanded they re-calibrate the MRI as they assumed they must be seeing an artifact of some kind. (This is not unlike some past research looking at brain waves produced during the meditations of Buddhist monks hand picked by the Dalai Lama...the gamma waves they produced were so strong that at first the scientists assumed the EEG equipment must be broken...still good to play it safe!) Following the re-calibration, they observed the same thing...one of the scientists assumed there was some kind of foul play going on and actually left in a huff! Some of the others present were greatly intrigued with what they were seeing and hypothesised that the vibrational state could be beneficial for brain health, such as in the context of neurodegenerative diseases. Anyone interested but who doesn't wish to commit to watching for an hour, I'd highly recommend you watch 22:00-30:00 minutes in.

This is part of an email I received from Nanci Trivellato, the IAC's Director of Research and Science Communication concerning this research.

"We definitely need more research on these topics. I am hoping the Vibrational State Survey will help clarify the problems and benefits with using the VELO for the purpose of reaching a VS, however, I completely agree with you that VELO per se deserves being studied as the benefits and results are not limited to the VS.

We are looking for opportunities to continue our research with fMRI. We have recently tried a contact in California, through a friend who is doing a project for a hospital. We hope that turns into a positive venue, as what we are needed at this point are experiment sessions in different machines to remove the possibility of artifacts.

If you see any chance of putting us in contact with anyone who could support this research by allowing us to access a fMRI equipment, we will be very grateful. London/UK is much closer and very easy for us to create the conditions to be there. There are other research (bioenergy detection) we have done with the fMRI with even more interesting results. It is possible we will present some of it in the ICC in May next year.

We also have plans to have an EEG set for use in the Projectarium, in the IAC Campus, to conduct research. I have designed the research project / methodology a few years ago, but to date we have not had the resources to complete it. But we will and it shouldn’t take too much longer."

The current status of this research will be being discussed next May in Portugal at the IAC campus at the 1st International Congress of Conscientology.

The vibrational state definitely crops up during DMT experiences, especially the onset, and through meditation. Adjhart your wave like description matches very closely the description of a highly experienced OBE explorer and teacher I know quite well. The IAC are of the opinion that the vibrational state and learning its induction via the VELO comes with a range of different benefits, over simply inducing a state predisposing one to conscious projections. The VELO is definitely worth looking into though for anyone interested, and is well suited to be used prior to any OBE induction techniques.

DreaMTripper
#5 Posted : 9/14/2014 3:54:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, very interesting will be keeping an ey on this! Made me chuckle at the scientists walking out in a huff Confused Laughing
Whwn I meditate I use the 'omm' humm that I make deep in my chest this seems to create a vibration that travels through my body and does some sort of re-aligning maybe this is the startr of the vibrational state?

Ouroboros777
#6 Posted : 9/15/2014 2:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is highly exciting information. I watched the video and am transfixed by this university, although seemingly out of reach based on current life requirements. I will start practicing VELO as I am currently having, and have had in past, situations where I feel that I am being attacked energetically - these people, when in their presence, feel as if there is a giant weight being pushed against my chest, specifically my heart. It has taken me a lot of meditating in the presence of the energy to realize that I am not mistaking the feeling, and by closing my eyes and rotating my body I can sense that the relative location of this horrid, disturbing force comes directly from the direction the individual sits. I instinctively know I am not to fight back to it, but sometimes I place up palms and move their energy so I refract it back to them, but it must be done subtly as this is not common human behavior. One large struggle I have is that of intention. If these humans have been intentionally using these techniques against me, it feels very invasive. Like almost feeling like something is penetrating into my heart, always attacks on the heart. I have had to teach myself this on my own to defend myself, I imagine how some animals will fight but others have a thick skin in which attacking animals cannot penetrate. I did this because I did not want this toxic, disgusting energy to have any idea that I was conscious of it and was actively repelling it, for whatever reason. It truly feels like I am being attacked and this has been happening for over a year from many sources.

I have also experienced incredibly strong vibrations before, although this has happened on a few occasions, right after sexual activity with a female (the state of vibration was so strong that it became incredibly uncomfortable, it was scary to feel for the first time ever without any prior knowledge of what it was that was happening) and other times near OOB but always involving alcohol (quite scary to feel this happening as well to a body while the consciousness is trying to sort out being awake or lucid dreaming) and I also remember this to be loud as well, the crescendo as the vibrations increased. Fortunately I am not using the substance (alcohol) anymore and now hope to achieve greater control of this consciously as life progresses.

I am going to delve into this topic more. I have been very conscious of my abilities as a child and once I went OOB during my first experience with psilocybin it started a big chain of events in consciousness exploring. Another pivotal moment was googling "expanding consciousness" which started another chain of events based on links presented by the search engine. Since then, many lucid dreams, even last night! I was with many people in a field of some sort and there was a girl and I think there was a butterfly or some object I was trying to materialize for her. I couldn't seem to do it, then she looked over and saw me and somehow that signified I messed up and I got kicked out of the dream.

It has always been my great vision to have my brain imaged by a scanner as I delve deep into my head. I am so deep in waking life, through talking with other people they always tell me to stop talking about things so deeply and stop thinking so much but I prefer where I am and seek solace and self exploration constantly, mainly because I know this life is nice and all and yeah we can taste and smell and touch but I'm pretty sure my soul will have to go some day and I want to use my time here to be prepared for the grand exit. DreaMTripper I also can Ohm and when I do this it is the silence I hear afterwards that is most profound, the silence is deafening.

Bancopuma are you attending this university currently?

This is so important. This is the next breakthrough, resembling how chemistry changed and shaped so much of who we are now, this I believe is the next step in human evolution.

"If you want to understand the secrets of the universe you have to think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration" - Nikola Tesla
What is language?

--Shadow
#7 Posted : 9/15/2014 7:46:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting...but I tuned out as soon as I heard "Parapsychology". Laughing (I'll get my wife to watch it, and we can debate it later)

Although I do find some of the results that come from studies of vibrations quite entertaining (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw13EAX3cZk), it's the spooky interpretations that makes me scratch my head a bit...

The problem with fields of study, such as "Parapsychology", is that they contradict well-known and well-established principles of science.

I have arguments all the time with my wife about "vibrations" (not of the toy kind).
She believes in the magic of Dr Emotto's, that water interprets the human language etc.... but when I argue the point, she says "So.. you're saying you don't believe in frequencies, then?!" .... of course I "know" about frequencies... it's the interpretation that's way off..

Do I believe in "Chi" energy...?
There was a study I read years ago about the movements in Tai-Chi increasing blood flow, or something like that... While I wouldn't argue against the merits of Tai-Chi, I certainly wouldn't attribute it to magic energy that you pull up out of the earth, conducting it thru the body and shooting it out out of our extremities, to deliver a one-inch punch

I'm a skeptic, but nevertheless, still just as intrigued about the potential of the human mind and body as other enthusiasts.

Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

DreaMTripper
#8 Posted : 9/15/2014 8:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I was a bit put off by the website but the people in the video itself dont conclude anything its more a discussion on the technique, peoples experiences and most interestingly the findings of the experiments.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 9/15/2014 9:57:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper, the use of chanting and the omm hum is a recommended OBE induction technique, and an author an OBE teacher with much experience recommends using vocalising/humming in this exact manner to induce an inner vibration and initiate a projection, so what you are saying definitely sounds feasible.

Ouroboros, based on what the IAC say, it sounds like the VELO could assist you greatly. Give it time, but with daily practice you will start to sense energy and feel it moving. It's like having a mental workout, it takes a little time to build up mental muscles sometimes, as is the case with physical muscles. Done nightly I've noticed my dreams becoming much more vivid and I am recalling more of them. But I think this is a very interesting an exciting area, "mainstream" science is well behind here I believe and has very little on the table, so I think it is great to see this kind of research being conducted.

The 1st International Conference of Conscientology is taking place at the IAC campus in Portugal next May. I have applied to talk there, but failing that I intend to be there anyway. Having taken the IAC CDP course I can use the campus facilities there for free should I visit and I am intrigued by the projectarium. It was designed by a projector, and has racked up 1,800 successful projections apparently, and can assist people who are struggling to project for the first time. It is the only building of its kind in the world, engineered specifically to assist with the induction of projections.

Shadow I would maybe suggest watching some of the talk before judging too much, 22:00-30:00 minutes in is mighty intriguing. Wagner Alegretti is very cautious in stating these are only small preliminary studies and require replication, and it is more of an open discussion with what the data is suggesting so far, as well as people's experiences which is of course more subjective terrain. His background is in electronic engineering so he is pretty well versed in science and how it works.

Energy wise, I think it is good to be skeptical to be sure. However, EVERYTHING is energy, even matter is merely condensed energy, so I don't think it is completely ridiculous to hypothesize that there could be more sensitive energies linked with life, aka bioenergies, that are currently little known and unproven, simply because they fall beyond the detection levels of our current scientific tools, because science hasn't acknowledged or examined them in the past. This bioenergy area is at least an interesting thing to think about. It has many different names in different parts of the world...akasha, bioplasmic energy, chi, ectoplasm, prana, Tao, vital energy, kundalini to name a few. It is interesting how many different people and many different groups throughout the world seem to be describing what appears to be there same thing more or less.

On the well-known and well-established principles of science, I would be careful leaning too heavily in that direction. Yes, important to be rational and objective but also important to be open to new evidence and data. Dramatic shifts and about-turns in mainstream science aren't all that rare you know. I've used these examples before, but they are still valid to the case in point. Until the mind 70's, mainstream science considered lucid dreams to not only not exist as a phenomenon, but to be impossible! Obviously that view was very wrong, and now lucid dreams are a fascinating and fertile research frontier. Until the mid 80's it was considered that the brain does not grow any new brain cells, ever, once it is fully grown. This isn't that long ago, I was born in the mid 80's, but our scientific model of the brain (which is really quite important, for many reasons) was obviously highly flawed and incomplete (and still very much a work in progress).

The preliminary fMRI research so far on the bioenergy exercises and the vibrational state has shown activity in the left frontal lobe, brain activity synchronization (interesting as this is a feature of NDE's), but most interesting of all, the MRI seemed to pick up activity outside of the brain/skull, and not during but after the bioenergy exercises. I can see why the scientists performing this study assumed the MRI was faulty and demanded to recalibrate it, and maybe it is an artifact of some kind. Let's just say for a second it isn't though and this is detected with other people, in multiple people, in different MRI machines...well that is mighty interesting and definitely worthy of researching IMO.

--Shadow
#10 Posted : 9/15/2014 12:13:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Shadow I would maybe suggest watching some of the talk before judging too much, 22:00-30:00 minutes in is mighty intriguing. Wagner Alegretti is very cautious in stating these are only small preliminary studies and require replication, and it is more of an open discussion with what the data is suggesting so far, as well as people's experiences which is of course more subjective terrain. His background is in electronic engineering so he is pretty well versed in science and how it works.

Yeah, that's fair. I may have jumped to conclusions.
I'll watch it now...
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder