We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Very good Portabella Recipe Options

darklordsson
#1 Posted : 8/25/2014 6:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't know where else to put this other than here, a recipe thread would be a good idea I think unless theres one already up.

But, I woke up this morning kinda wanting something different for breakfast. I then remembered my 4 Portabella Mushrooms in my fridge.

Here's the recipe it was "as I went ingredients".. It soo good I thought I would share this great tasting healthy food.

Virgin Olive oil for frying in a pan.

As many portabellas as you want, fry them up after you chopped them into Meaty pieces of shrooms.

Towards the end sprinkle just enough "Lawry's seasoned salt" to give a mild taste of salty good ness, shoot some lemon juice in there too, and let simmer for 30 more seconds. Add black pepper, and enjoy!!

Edit: Parmesan cheese is a great addition too as well!

This caught me completely off guard this morning it was BOMB!

Had to share guys! Enjoy the good eats!
-_-dls-_-

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#2 Posted : 9/23/2015 1:55:15 AM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

Are you Italian by any chance?
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

darklordsson
#3 Posted : 9/23/2015 2:22:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:
Are you Italian by any chance?

Damn! Your on to me! lol did the virgin olive oil give it away? lol

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 9/23/2015 3:14:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would've guessed Italian as well. I'm a trained chef so it's the simplicity of ingredients that stands out; good quality olive oil, lemon, pepper. And of course the addition of some Parm, that screams Italian Very happy

I made a delicious Mushroom risotto on the 20th (Mushroom Day). I should write it down and share it here. I rarely write down recipes, preferring instead the spontaneous kind of cooking sessions like you had the other morning. Thumbs up

darklordsson
#5 Posted : 9/23/2015 4:13:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
I would've guessed Italian as well. I'm a trained chef so it's the simplicity of ingredients that stands out; good quality olive oil, lemon, pepper. And of course the addition of some Parm, that screams Italian Very happy

I made a delicious Mushroom risotto on the 20th (Mushroom Day). I should write it down and share it here. I rarely write down recipes, preferring instead the spontaneous kind of cooking sessions like you had the other morning. Thumbs up

Nice! sounds delish, and a good occasion as well! but...

Psychelectric
#6 Posted : 9/23/2015 4:41:12 AM

Curiouser and curiouser

Thumbs up I second the motion for a recipe thread. Big grin

Speaking of mushrooms, I too have simple yet awesome mushroom recipe, it involves baby bellas, cream cheese, diced Roma tomatoes and green onions. One might perhaps mix some of the ingredients together and stuff the mushrooms and then bake, maybe, maybe not.

Who knows, I mean I would feel more inclined to speak on behalf of this special secret recipe if we had a thread. Maybe my recipe for a psilocybin pizza could be put there. Or you know or some cannabis brownies. MY vote is to put it in the Art section and sticky it.

I mean, cooking is an art, albeit an art the turns to shit after enjoying, but art nonetheless.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 9/23/2015 6:10:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hhhmm, I think Psychelectric has a good idea here. I would love the opportunity to write down some of my best recipes and share them with this community Thumbs up

I have to admit, I've never searched on this forum for recipe threads. I remembered one that I had read through a couple years ago and I found it: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=31722

I found another older one in my search as well: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6280

Still, it would be great to have a dedicated thread to all types of recipes.

I appreciate your view of food Psychelectric. I also see it that way, The Culinary Arts Very happy In that vein I'll share a fun little one that I like to do for social gatherings. This one is more about the aesthetics and the 'food art' aspect rather than taste, but still very much edible Smile

Faux Amanita Appetizer

Ingredients:

Hard Boiled Eggs
Medium Tomatoes
Mayonnaise
Italian Parsley (I sometimes substitute with Cilantro)

Hard boil and peel the eggs. The best method is to put eggs in a pot, fill with cold water, place lid on then bring to a boil. As soon as a boil is reached take the pot off the heat and leave it for 12 - 15 minutes with the lid on. The indirect heat cooks them evenly and you won't get the nasty greyish yolks from overcooking your eggs Smile

Cut the rounded sides of the tomatoes off and hollow them out with a spoon. I also cut the eggs on one end to make a flat stable surface then place them upright on the plate with the parsley/cilantro. Then cap the eggs with the tomatoes.

Next take a bit of your mayo and use a toothpick to dab small white dots onto the tomatoes.

Voila! Your pretty faux mushrooms are ready to be admired, then devoured Twisted Evil Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 9/24/2015 1:00:34 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, I'm in!

I wanted to publish my recipe for the delicious dinner I cooked tonight and this thread came up... it's a sign!!

I rustled this up because it's what was in the fridge. It was very easy to prepare, and can readily adapt to vegan and/or gluten free.

Mushroom, cauliflower and spinach linguine (with sausage and bacon)

Ingredients (use high quality, organic ingredients throughout):

*225g small button mushrooms (champignons)
*1 small cauliflower
*extra virgin olive oil
*dried tarragon
*dried chervil
*paprika - mild
*black pepper
*200g baby(ish) spinach leaves
*4 (gluten-free) Lincolnshire sausages - mine were already cooked from the other day, which made things a bit easier. Vegans - use tofu sausages. They're great!
*4 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon. Marinated tempeh would surely work, too.
*3 spring onions (scallions)
*appropriate quantity of linguine for about 2 people - again, mine was left over from a previous day. Of course, other pasta or buckwheat noodles will do a similar job, it's just this stuff was rather nice!

optional topping:
*pecan nuts
*mixed seeds - pumpkin, sesame, sunflower
*Shoyu soya sauce

Method:
Start heating 1-2 tbsp olive oil over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan.
Wipe mushrooms to remove dirt, throw them into the pan, drizzle with a bit of extra oil and cover with a lid. Shake or stir occasionally.

In a second (2nd), high-sided frying pan heat another 1-2 tbsp olive oil over a moderate heat while cutting the cauliflower into florets. Put the cauliflower into the second pan to cook gently with a lid on.

Rinse the spinach thoroughly.
Slice the sausages to your preferred thickness e.g. 8-10 mm.

When the mushrooms appear to have cooked nicely for a while and are swimming in their own juices, add them along with all their juice and the sliced sausages to the cauliflower in the second pan. Season with the herbs and spices and stir well.

Put the spinach on top of the cauliflower etc and cover again with lid.

Put the bacon in the first pan to fry gently. Cover with the lid to keep it moist.

Chop the spring onions and add to the veg pan on top of the spinach. Keep that lid on nicely!

Remove the lid from the bacon so it can brown just a tiny bit. Then chop it into ~20mm pieces. The spinach should be wilting by now. Add the bacon to the veg pan and stir it all together thoroughly. Replace the lid.

Add another dash of oil to the first frying pan and toss the cooked pasta around in it to heat through for a couple of minutes, then add it to the pan with the veg and stir in well.

Close the kitchen door. Add the pecan nuts to the first frying pan and toast them over a gentle heat for a minute or two. Then add the seeds and toast briefly. Careful! you don't want to burn them! (I set off my smoke alarm Rolling eyes ) Add a generous dash of soy sauce and stir furiously. The soy sauce should, with any luck, coat the nuts & seeds. Transfer to a bowl.

Your meal is now ready to serve - guten Appetit!

Sorry there's no pics, I was too busy cooking and then eating for all that...

PS - that faux amanita is just brilliant!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

darklordsson
#9 Posted : 9/24/2015 3:38:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia.. Very nice! Sounds really REALLY good and the pic is amazing! I gotta try this! Thanks for the recc!

downwardsfromzero, unbelievable, so unbelievable.. I gotta try this! Sounds delicious! guys, two great recipes that need some cooking!

"Everybody eats, why not make food taste good?"

dlsThumbs up!

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 9/24/2015 3:54:59 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Tee-hee... luvs it Love

dls - your portobello recipe reminds me of a time a bunch of friends and I turned up to camp in a field. There was a huge patch of field mushrooms (Agaricus campestris or thereabouts).

The recipe was: heat butter in wok just as mushrooms are separated from ground. Check for dirt. Who cares? Chuck them in anyway. Maybe break them into pieces if you can be bothered. Cook enthusiastically until clearly just about cooked and swimming in juice. Eat like kings!

THE single most delicious thing I have ever eaten!

Also works without the butter (it was pretty damp that day) Pleased

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

darklordsson
#11 Posted : 9/24/2015 5:00:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Tee-hee... luvs it Love

dls - your portobello recipe reminds me of a time a bunch of friends and I turned up to camp in a field. There was a huge patch of field mushrooms (Agaricus campestris or thereabouts).

The recipe was: heat butter in wok just as mushrooms are separated from ground. Check for dirt. Who cares? Chuck them in anyway. Maybe break them into pieces if you can be bothered. Cook enthusiastically until clearly just about cooked and swimming in juice. Eat like kings!

THE single most delicious thing I have ever eaten!

Also works without the butter (it was pretty damp that day) Pleased

I have another recipe that i cant remember for the life of me, but i will post by the weekend..

Haven't made it in a long time so I don't want to give fraudulent info for it, gimme a couple days, ill have it set!

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#12 Posted : 9/24/2015 1:37:38 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

Lonza + Eggs.
Scramble 3 Eggs, for preferred length of time.
Mix with Lonza.
Breakfeast of champions <3

Tuna + Beet Greens + Red Wine Vinegar + Mayo + Black/Kidney Beans On a Hard Roll.
Drain & Dry the Tuna
Very small amount of Red Wine Vinegar, just enough to moisten the Tuna.
Small amount of Mayo as well.
Mix all the ingredients together well. Put on Hard Roll for Lunch at work.

Whole Green Tea Leaves + Panax Ginseng Extract + Peppermint Leaves + Honey
Brew cup of Green Tea & small amount of Peppermint leaves
Mix in 0.2g Panax Ginseng Extract & tbsp of Honey while still hot.
Pour into bottle containing another cup of cold water.
This will neutralize the heat and make it drinkable immediately.
Excellent to sip on during work, it really carries you through!!!

Greek Yogurt + Chia Seeds + (Fruit of choice)
Simple mix 3 heaping tsps of Chia seeds into a cup of Greek Yogurt,
Dice a fruit of your choice. I use Dates, Home-grown Grapes, Strawberries, Bananas, etc.

Chamomile Flowers + Pepermint + Ashwagandha
Brew all the ingredients into a cup of tea.
Add small amount of honey if you'd like.
I use about 1 heaping tsp of Chamomile and Peppermint each. And about 1g of Ashwagandha
Great to unwind before sleep.

Anyone pick their own mushrooms?
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 9/26/2015 1:59:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Found out the other day, tuna mayo with tarragon is utterly delicious (if you like the aniseed-ish flavour). Stuck on an excellent baked potato with butter.
I've been eating so well, lately Drool

Chamomile goes particularly well with spearmint, but I never tried ashwaganda.
If I really need help getting to sleep, I eat valerian tablets (a rare occurrence).

Now I'm off to investigate the melatonin content of bananas...

And remember, eat lots of salad (lamb's lettuce is great for the winter).

darklordsson
#14 Posted : 9/26/2015 4:42:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I still need to fine tune the weekend meal I said I posted, but heres another one in the mean time.

Two potato's
Two eggs
Salt... Pepper.. and any kind of hot sauce of your favorite (siracha for me)

Start by cheese grating the potatoes witha cheese grater, both of them.

Take the potatoes and throw them in a frying pan that is ready for frying with olive oil. Then (if the pan is circular) go ahead and form a circle with the potatoes to match the pans shape inside the pan. Make sure its a thick layer of potato grated, flip only once to cook other side. Then smash down the potatoes with a spatula so they stick together as they cook.

2 mins before the potatoes are done, Crispy, soft, its up to you how you want them cooked, start by frying two eggs sunny side up or over easy.

Put potato/hash browns on plate and wait for eggs to be done then just take the eggs and place them simply in the middle of the potatoes/hash browns.

If done right, you will have that runny yolk from the eggs as a "sauce" to eat with the potatoes sprinkle salt, pepper, whatever seasoning you find to be your favorite on top and enjoy!

That runny yolk is soo good with the potatoes!

Enjoy!

TGO
#15 Posted : 9/26/2015 11:23:54 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

darklordsson wrote:

Ok, so I still need to fine tune the weekend meal I said I posted, but heres another one in the mean time.

Two potato's
Two eggs
Salt... Pepper.. and any kind of hot sauce of your favorite (siracha for me)

Start by cheese grating the potatoes witha cheese grater, both of them.

Take the potatoes and throw them in a frying pan that is ready for frying with olive oil. Then (if the pan is circular) go ahead and form a circle with the potatoes to match the pans shape inside the pan. Make sure its a thick layer of potato grated, flip only once to cook other side. Then smash down the potatoes with a spatula so they stick together as they cook.

2 mins before the potatoes are done, Crispy, soft, its up to you how you want them cooked, start by frying two eggs sunny side up or over easy.

Put potato/hash browns on plate and wait for eggs to be done then just take the eggs and place them simply in the middle of the potatoes/hash browns.

If done right, you will have that runny yolk from the eggs as a "sauce" to eat with the potatoes sprinkle salt, pepper, whatever seasoning you find to be your favorite on top and enjoy!

That runny yolk is soo good with the potatoes!

Enjoy!

Amazing! I do a similar recipe with a couple added ingredients:

In separate pan from Potatoes and eggs cook up one skinless/boneless chicken breast chopped up to preferred consistency and add preferred herbs to chicken in oil. I use moist minced garlic (not the dried kind) with salt, pepper, and parsley.

Once the internal temperature of your chicken has reached 165, sprinkle with preferred cheese. I use shredded pepper jack.

Now it is time to layer in order from bottom to top:

Fried potatoes
Light layer of preferred cheese (usually placed on the potatoes right after they are removed from the stove so it melts the cheese).
Cheesy chicken
Sunny side up/over easy eggs
Couple drops of Original Tabasco sauce

If you really want to spice it up, add 1/8 to 1/4 cup of pickled and drained jalapenos!

There is a local restaurant in my area that makes something like this, I just modified it a bit.

Bon Appétit!

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish