We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Boom 2014 Drug Analysis Results ? Options

off_tropic
#1 Posted : 8/23/2014 1:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for a very informative post in regards to the Boom 2012 Drug Analysis Results.

is there something similar for 2014 available?

i know "Check In" did tests - but as things turned out, I was not able to get the compound, which I was partically interested in testing, to the check in tent... bad timing....

it was an orange sunshine blotter - which I'm guessing was actually some kind of nbome... maybe DOx...
But it would be interesting to see a chart of what was actually what, when it comes to blotter/LSD

Maybe you have some info, or know whom I might go to.

These days, where so much Nbome is sold as LSD, it would be interesting to make a large chart with what is what... (I know it varies - sometimes a hoffmann on his bike is LSD - other times its Nbome....)

Best regards

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/23/2014 1:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Smile

This year there were indeed a LOT of nbomes and DOx instead of LSD, much more so than 2012.

I do not remember specifically an orange sunshine blotter but I`ll ask. Can you describe a bit more.... is `orange sunshine` the name of it or that was what you saw on the blotter? Can you find any image of it in google images or anywhere else?

Thanks!

off_tropic
#3 Posted : 8/23/2014 1:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm- it had a sun on, and had some blue colours, and yellow and red as i remember (where as the original orange sunshine from the 60's was only orange and red)...

I will see if I can get hold of a photo...

thanks

off_tropic
#4 Posted : 8/24/2014 3:11:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay managed to get a friend to send a photo of the batch...
it had a maze on the backside of it. Just a simple thin black line with no background...

Could be interesting to figure out what it was... Had the bitter taste of nbome... so my friend swolled the half he'd put in his mouth. (Hearing that it would be not active if it was nbome that way...) why he didn't just spit it out i don't know...

Already having som actual LSD in his system, he couldn't figure out if it had any effect, or if it was just his imagination and the taste playing a trick on him...

SHroomtroll
#5 Posted : 8/24/2014 7:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the big reasons i didnt go to boom this year was that the size of festival causes corruption.
Both last time and 2010 i felt that there was just way to much sketchyness going on, people getting robbed and fake drugs being sold.

You rarely see this at smaller gathering but when its this big then the scumbags know they can get away with crap like this.
Its a shame cause its such a great festival and most of the people are lovely.

Eudaimōn
#6 Posted : 8/25/2014 11:14:20 AM

TheSacredYes

I'm pretty certain those sunshine blotters are LSD. They've been around my group for quite a while and I've heard no complaints of it being anything other than acid. The bitter taste is probably just something to do with the paper. Would be interesting to see the results of boom none the less.

off_tropic
#7 Posted : 8/27/2014 2:54:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...the bitterness was very strong, and "kept coming", so I don't think it was the paper...

but who knows... Maybe Endlessness can solve the mystery :-)

desal
#8 Posted : 8/28/2014 6:53:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bitterness being "just paper" is usually what the dealer tells you when he wants to sell you some research chemicals.

SHroomtroll
#9 Posted : 8/29/2014 5:22:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was batch of hoffmans at last boom that was very bitter but they were just lsd albeit very weak.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 8/29/2014 10:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im still waiting on the answer...

but yeah I`ve had LSD that was bitter and was tested as LSD, and I`ve had nearly tasteless LSD that was also LSD. I wouldn`t call LSD tasteless though because at least for me I always have this slight metallic feeling in the tongue even when it`s not bitter.

As for the source bitterness, it`s a bit mysterious to be honest. I mean, in some cases it can be a sign of some other chemical, but in other cases when it`s still an LSD sample it might be related with the ink or who knows. Weird though that it wouldn`t be picked up by methanol and seen in GC-MS. I just wondered now about the possibility of taste difference in LSD vs ISO-LSD since that is one of the only other things that appear occasionally in tested LSD samples in different amounts. As all other isomers, ISO-LSD is inactive, but it binds to receptors competitively so it can reduce effects of LSD.

Something more to investigate in the future Smile

Mustelid
#11 Posted : 8/30/2014 2:27:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hah, I know that metallic taste. Certain trippy music makes me taste that metallic taste in my mouth even.

off_tropic
#12 Posted : 8/30/2014 12:20:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting points...

However, this is a bit concerning, since this would mean you actually would not be able to tell the difference between LSD and Nbome, from the taste alone...

I'd agree that LSD definitely has this metallic taste to it, from my experience - sometimes more the others...

Only way to "protect" yourself from Nbome might then be to swallow the blotter - since Nbome would not be active this way. Not sure if this is really true though?

Still I find it very suspicious when the blotter is slightly bigger and thicker, then the "classic" tinny ones + combined with the bitter/soapy taste. (But since blotter can be ordered online in all varieties, this again is not a bulletproof method)...

I guess theres no way around it - a test kit would be the only right thing.

:-)

joedirt
#13 Posted : 8/30/2014 12:44:23 PM

Not I

desal wrote:
Bitterness being "just paper" is usually what the dealer tells you when he wants to sell you some research chemicals.

Every dose of LSD I have ever taken has had a slight bitter taste to it. This includes pure white blotters as well as printed blotters. Now I'm not talking about a strong bitter taste, but I have alway's been able to taste what I would describe as a faint metallic alkaline sort a taste. It was alway's very faint though...but I can taste it through most of the experience as well. And that includes the most recent LSD I have done in the last few months that tested positive for LSD. Interestingly enough the person through which this was acquired also sent along several blotters that he labelled 5mg DOM. Which I'm kinda of excited to try when the time is right, but I was mostly impressed that this person actually stamped these blotters so they couldn't be resold as LSD. Kudos to that guy.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 8/30/2014 3:30:59 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

could be tasting the salt component (tartaric, maleic acid, etc), lsd is usuallly never distributed to blotter without being complexed with a dicarboxylic acid to preserve it. those acids are usually sour, but at that low of a concentraition, they may have a different characteristic.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

joedirt
#15 Posted : 8/30/2014 3:45:33 PM

Not I

benzyme wrote:
could be tasting the salt component (tartaric, maleic acid, etc), lsd is usuallly never distributed to blotter without being complexed with a dicarboxylic acid to preserve it. those acids are usually sour, but at that low of a concentraition, they may have a different characteristic.

I'd presume it was the tartrate as that is the most common form around. But your point is taken, though I wonder if tartrate salt... give me a second. So I just went and grabbed some tartaric acid and tasted it. It's very sweet....kinda similar to citric acid honestly, so I kinda doubt that is responsible for the slight metallic taste. Maybe it's slight impurities with other enantiomers? I honestly don't know.

Either way the only way to really know what you have is to test it and it's trivial to order a test so no reason to speculate on intensity of taste..
joedirt attached the following image(s):
Photo on 8-30-14 at 10.43 AM.jpg (147kb) downloaded 280 time(s).
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 8/30/2014 4:24:43 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

perhaps autooxidation from air. the enantiomers shouldn't taste any different
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 8/30/2014 6:03:02 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

These quotes from PIHKAL are relevant here I think.

Quote:
One morning, a couple of weeks later, I took a small, double-ended vial to Burt in his analytical lab down the hall, and asked him to please weigh out for me a small quantity of material into a separate container. The actual amount was not important, a few milligrams; what was important was that I wanted the weight accurate to four places. He disappeared for a few minutes, then reappeared with the vial I had given him and also a weighing container holding a small amount of an almost white powder.

"Here is 3.032 milligrams, exactly," he said, adding, "And it's slightly bitter."

"How do you know?" asked I.

"After I weighed out the psilocybin, there was a trace of dust on the spatula, so I licked it off. Slightly bitter."

I asked him, "Did you read the label carefully?"

"It's the vial of psilocybin you just received, isn't it?" he asked, looking at the funny-shaped tube still in his hand. He read the label. It said Lysergide. He said, "Oh."

Quote:
One periodically hears some lecturer holding forth on the subject of psychedelic drugs, and you may hear him give voice to that old rubric that LSD is an odorless, colorless and tasteless drug. Don't believe it. Odorless yes, and colorless when completely pure, yes, but tasteless, no. It is slightly bitter.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

enteogen
#18 Posted : 9/4/2014 7:38:51 PM

enteogen

I took a bunch of photos about various blotters at Boom 2014 (see below).
Please help to identify these blotters by name and/or subjective experience! Drug testing results from Check-in are marked in parentheses. They will soon provide statistics on this year's drug testing.
enteogen attached the following image(s):
Boom_blotters _20140828.jpg (2,029kb) downloaded 240 time(s).

SnozzleBerry
#19 Posted : 9/4/2014 7:45:32 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

enteogen wrote:
I took a bunch of photos about various blotters at Boom 2014 (see below).
Please help to identify these blotters by name and/or subjective experience! Drug testing results from Check-in are marked in parentheses. They will soon provide statistics on this year's drug testing.

enteogen! Thank you so much for posting these. I'm looking forward to seeing how these ID's turn out, as well as the final Check-in statistics.

It was a real privilege to work with you at Kosmicare, keep up the great work!
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

NickNatter
#20 Posted : 9/4/2014 9:10:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So cool, Enteogen! Strange as I had 3 'Getafix' (Miraculix?!) 8-9mm tested positive for LSD by Cosmicare..

12NEXT