We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HELP! Phalaris AQ1 growth problems. Options

dopeys13
#1 Posted : 8/22/2014 10:13:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi all,

straight to the point. i began a phalaris AQ1 project 6 months ago. obtained two aq1 clones from a reliable supplier, and placed them into a grow box i built myself.

now the plants were nearly dead when i received them but i managed to revive them and growth began after a few weeks after proper nutrientation. the problem now is that the further growth is so slow, and i know a fair bit about phalaris from research e.g. new growth is from rhizomes.. and i thought i would try clone a few of the more mature and thick stems.

issue is that the two mothers are growing so slow, and i really need a decent yield for my first extrac. as well. can anyone maybe give me a few pointers or constructive criticism on my techniques?

i will disclose some images as of late of my set-up and images of the plant at hand.

any help would be much appreciated.

dopeys13.
dopeys13 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0550.JPG (2,117kb) downloaded 181 time(s).
IMG_0555.JPG (2,179kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
IMG_0555.JPG (2,179kb) downloaded 182 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 8/22/2014 10:46:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

phalaris grows (literally) like a weed here in freezing cold alaska.

as long as you live in the subarctic or warmer, you probably do well to try and establish it outside (maybe keep it indoors during the coldest part of winter)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

jamie
#3 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:43:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

it does not grow well indoors, IME. My aquatica always looked like that until it went outside.
Long live the unwoke.

adam
#4 Posted : 8/22/2014 5:05:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just be careful to over do it with watering and feeding. My experience with growing them seems to indicate they don't need much at all to be happy.

The stuff I have in pots I mixed worm castings, rock phosphate, kelp meal, and azomite. I don't water them except if they get really really dry, and they grow like weeds.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 8/22/2014 6:42:46 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

As noted above this species really doesn't do well indoors under lights, I had quite a few aq1 clones die off under lights indoors. Even a windowsill with limited sun exposure is preferable to an artificial light source, ime. Though I have to say yours look quite healthy and happy for being under artificial lighting.

They also have a habit of taking over their pots very very quickly, these grasses have some big feet, it looks yours are probably due for a nice haircut and some new shoes.

I've never found any need to bother with fertilizers for these grasses, as also noted, they are weeds and will grow just fine without any kind of fancy treatment, give them some sunlight and water em when they dry out and they should do fine .
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Chimp Z
#6 Posted : 8/22/2014 10:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everyone pretty much covered it.
Phalaris doesn't do well indoors unless its next to a window.
Worm castings help recovery dying plants.

What you have in that picture probably would be more effective in tea-form than an extraction.
Also Aquatica usually prefers drier settings.

fred green
#7 Posted : 8/23/2014 2:24:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd second what dreamer said, "new shoes" .
Like a 4" tube 6 to 8 inches long ,with a plastic bag inside.
Some holes in the bottom for drainage.
If you look at whats growing on top ,imagine what the roots would like below.

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 8/23/2014 7:24:24 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Chimp Z wrote:
What you have in that picture probably would be more effective in tea-form than an extraction.

Even though AQ1 is a high DMT containing strain, gramine is present in it as well as at least one other alkaloid, likely hordenine. Both compounds have been sold as health supplements at one time or other and likely would not be present in quantities that would cause physically detrimental effects. However, some anecdotal evidence points to these compounds having unpleasant psychological and physiological effects and there isn't much research on their effects in combination with MAOI's. TLC analysis suggests extraction removes these compounds leaving fairly clean DMT. Thus at this time it would probably be prudent to perform an extraction prior to attempting oral ingestion.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca