We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracting from a cloth? Options

Fatcat
#1 Posted : 7/23/2009 5:15:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was evaping some naptha outside and put a handkerchief over it so nothing would get in it. I forgot about it for a few days and when I came back the naptha was gone, and i had some white crystals on the bottom, maybe 100 mgs. But this was quite a bit of naptha, should have gotten at least 500 mgs. well it looks like the DMT is in the handkerchief, because it reeks of the flowery goodness. Could I just put it in some naptha, then evap that and freeze precip the result? or do you think the naptha will take something out of the handkerchief?

Sorry if this is worded funny, I'm kind of baked right now.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 7/23/2009 5:23:09 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Fatcat wrote:
I was evaping some naptha outside and put a handkerchief over it so nothing would get in it. I forgot about it for a few days and when I came back the naptha was gone, and i had some white crystals on the bottom, maybe 100 mgs. But this was quite a bit of naptha, should have gotten at least 500 mgs. well it looks like the DMT is in the handkerchief, because it reeks of the flowery goodness. Could I just put it in some naptha, then evap that and freeze precip the result? or do you think the naptha will take something out of the handkerchief?

Sorry if this is worded funny, I'm kind of baked right now.

I highlighted the answer. just redisolve in naphta then freeze precip or evap.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 7/23/2009 6:14:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did the handkerchief fall into the naptha while it was still evaporating?

If not, I wouldn't think there would be any DMT in it.
The DMT doesn't evaporate, only the solvent evaporates.
That's why the whole process works.

Not all mimosa has equal amounts of alkaloids in it, also there is always the chance something happened during the extraction that vaporized the DMT, or something else.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatcat
#4 Posted : 7/23/2009 6:23:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the handkerchief did fall in the naptha while it was evaporating, im sure of it.

I was just wondering if there was a possibility of something that would freeze precip that was in the cloth.
Apparently there is not, thank you.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 7/23/2009 7:40:35 PM

The Great Namah

Dunk said hanky in HOT naphtha (only use enough to barely cover the hanky). If any color bleeds into the naphtha discard the whole thing, otherwise evap or precipiate as normal.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.