We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Whoa! Volcano Vaporizer Options

Queen-of-Fables
#1 Posted : 7/23/2009 10:39:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Fellow Travellers.. so my friend lent me his VOLCANO VAPORIZOR.. and Holy Shit.. I thought I put myself over the top. I couldn't find much info on using a VAP, except that is was hard to get the proper vapour and so I loaded it up, 3 huge inhalations and Fuck Me.. So High.. for over an hour, thought I really screwed up.. and did way to much this time. full electric surges through my body.. jolts every 30 seconds, full body twitches.. very scary. but... the vaporizer is the way to go.. no nasty smoke, barely any taste, smooth and pure. I even loaded sum of the evil yellow plant oil contaminated gunk... ah! smokes like a charm.

So, what have I learned from this experience.

* weight it first before you vaporizer.. I just guesstimated the dose.. wasn't too far off, around 80mg ( after I went the next day and immediately purchased a scale able to weigh mg's) Vaporizers are intense. because there's no taste, no harshness and you have a balloon full of 3 huge tokes, 5-6 smaller tokes... and no time wasted lighting hoots, you can take in more DMT then any other smoking methods.

* check the weather reports!! argh! the sky crackled open pink and menacing, the window next to my head open as a freak hail storm growled and hissed. when I drove around town later that night there were trees ripped apart from the intense wind.. power failures everywhere. the sky yelled at me and shocked my system in the first 30 seconds of launch. We all know how knock on the door, phones ringing, someone coughing scares the system, well disastrous weather put me on a bad one. I was high.. I mean over 180 beats per second for over 40 minutes, glitched for over an hour. felt like a had stroke.

now that I smoked through the vaporizer.. any other way seems to harsh. but alas, the volcano is only a loan and my friend will take it back soon enough. I think if you are a serious psychonaut, then its worth the investment.

thanks, hope this info helps someone else in the future Smile

The Mimosa Project http://themimosaproject.blogspot.com/

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Fakkz
#2 Posted : 7/23/2009 10:43:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm think i'm gonna call BS on this one. High for an hour? No, not with smoked DMT. Reads like an ad for a volcano.

۩
#3 Posted : 7/23/2009 2:10:45 PM

nah, I believe it. it's happened to me. sounds like the queen was not in hyperspace for an hour, but just had an intense heart rate. this can really freak you out, and is very uncomfortable. thanks for the report...I have always wondered about the volcano. o and I love your art!

p.s. 80mg!!! YIKES! no wonder your heart was bursting! if your spice is pure, you may not need any more than 30. personally I only need 20.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/23/2009 2:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you use the liquid pad? Was the dmt put straight into it? How does it all look after? Does the dmt stink up all the volcano parts forever, ruining it for herbs after?

what about condensation in the volcano bag?

SWIM doesnt want to ruin a volcano but he always wondered if it would work good

Baffald
#5 Posted : 7/23/2009 3:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first experience was pretty heavy for at least 40 minutes and strong visuals still after 60min. But I was also had about 4 grams of cubes in me.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 7/23/2009 3:50:46 PM

The Great Namah

Fakkz wrote:
I'm think i'm gonna call BS on this one. High for an hour? No, not with smoked DMT. Reads like an ad for a volcano.

As long as we are talking about the after effects from spice (and maybe a few minutes off due to reading the clock a few mins before lauch and a few mins after really coming 100% down) it is possible to still feel the effects of a large dose for up to an hour...but by 30 minutes the after effects should be pretty light.

If he's talking about 1hr in hyperspace, then yeah, I call BS too.

Those volcanoes are like $300+ and I would imagine that after using it for spice that's the only thing you are ever gonna taste out of that thing. Not sure if I would want to put that kind of investment into a smoking device I could only use for spice...however if a friend lent me one, sure I'd use it too!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

WSaged
#7 Posted : 7/23/2009 5:57:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Those volcanoes are like $300+ and I would imagine that after using it for spice that's the only thing you are ever gonna taste out of that thing.

Try $600+!! ouch!

Yea, I gotta agree with the BS meter hitting a bit high on this one.
Nice story though....

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

ibeing897
#8 Posted : 7/23/2009 6:20:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has loads of experience with the volcano. SWIM has tested it with many people, none have been out for an hour, the longest has been 30 mins, but all of the long trips report experiencing blackouts for a period of time... meaning for them it only seems to last 10 mins (with a skewed view of time). The volcano is efficient, and it helps a lot with the intake. SWIM should point out that after personally witnessing many trips, many people are different, size definitely matters, small people seem to go into hyperspace whilst breathing in the first toke. One friend in particular raves about the volcano experience over the bong experience, but SWIM suspect's this is because it's easier to consume. The positive after effects do linger for a while.

Endlessless had some questions and others voiced concern over smells and residues. First, SWIM has used the liquid pad and it works great, but a bed of vaped herbs works well also... you gotta remember this stuff vaporizes almost instantly and you dont put much in... I dont think it even has time to drip and if the spice is pure, there is no residue at all and the smell isnt a problem either, I mean, after a lot of usage in an evening SWIM barely notices a smell and it definitely passes quickly... also SWIM's never experienced any condensation on the bag....

You can use a liquid filter, and the bags are replaceable, one could imagine different valve sets... SWIM also washes his components in alcohol... to be honest, the mess from herbal deposits is a much bigger problem. Plus, SWIM sees it as advantage that residue if any (for example lye) exists only in the chamber and not in the vapor itself. SWIM may be a volcano salesman now, but for me it's a no brainer, the temp is just right, it's cleaner, SWIM hardly ever exhales anything, its convenient and safer with the bag set (say if someone was to drop it), it's more efficient, so less waste.... the downsides are no portability and it's pretty pricey.. but it helped swim to stop smoking which is priceless.

The volcano seems like nothing more than a heat gun on it's size with a bag set on top... it's probably an easy DIY job... but SWIM loves his volcano, it's very well designed and after trying 10 different vapos, this one was night and day, there are some nuisances that make it work particularly well.
all posts are fictional

WSaged
#9 Posted : 7/23/2009 6:53:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all that info lbeing789!!!

Questions about the Volcano have popped up a number of times in the past couple of years, but most of the reply's have usually been speculation due to the huge price.

I have used one with MJ, that a friend who lives in a diff state owns & it truly was a significantly superior method of inhaling herb, that is for sure!!
This pal of mine happens to be independently wealthy, so he has his Volcano & a freakin $1000 Penguin flight case to carry it around in too!!
He lives in Cali, has his Medical MJ card & lives only a 10 minute drive from about 5 medicinal MJ coffee shops too.Stop
Dude won the frigging lottery of life, huh?Wink

Still he is a really cool guy, not the typical spoiled, jack-ass, privileged rich kid at all.
And I'll admit it, if I could afford one, I'd have my Volcano too!!!
Plus a custom made coffee table that it fits perfectly into!!Laughing

I'll have to talk him into bringing it here for a weekend sometime & trying some spice out of it!!!

Cheers

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattimus
#10 Posted : 7/23/2009 7:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly like my bong cost just as much and I can def take much bigger rips out of it lol... and its just as smooth.

You can even vaporize into the bong and make it doubley smoooooth
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

ibeing897
#11 Posted : 7/23/2009 8:01:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, the price is a problem... it's particularly bad right now because of the euro... SWIM worked it out via the fact that he smoked MJ everyday... the effects of smoking were taking a toll, I know the science isn't really in on vaporizing with regards health, but having used it exclusively this year, with no joints, no burning of any sort actually... now SWIM's chest is clear, it's actually made an amazing difference to SWIM's health.. it's gotta be healthier. saved money on skins, tobacco, efficiency pays off.... probaby no cancer.

With MJ there is a downside tho, SWIM finds it a little bit too strong for recreational use... so what he gained in lung health he has lost in brain health Smile....nah, it's ok, it just makes u a little foggy if you smoke all the time... SWIM personally doesn't mind that too much as long as he's not that busy, but SWIM can fight off the weed induced laziness... if you struggle to fight MJ induced apathy, I would smoke less.

If you're just a spice smoker, SWIM maybe couldn't recommend the volcano because of price alone... but SWIM uses it for green,brown,oil,spice,bufo and will try harmaloids soon... so it's got many uses..
all posts are fictional

Queen-of-Fables
#12 Posted : 7/24/2009 1:07:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Correction: I was in hyperspace for 20 to 25 minutes. my heart rate was very high for over an hour and full body electro shock pulses that felt as though my brain was having a minor stroke for about 45 minutes. they were so strong that I thought I'd done too much.. (with the influence over other things in my system and a crazy freak storm brewing outside my window as soon as I took in the last hit) I've launched many times and am not a newbie.. and I researched before I tried the vap and the info for DMT use was vague. I didn't post this to scam, hustle, or info commercial a product. I simply overdid it with the vap the first try, subsequent launches have been successful. I just think it gives you a more intense experience then just smoking it. Sometimes it's not too harsh, other times I’m hacking and coughing and my lungs aren’t too happy(depending on how much herb and cigarettes I have consumed that day)

Quote:
I'm think I’m gonna call BS on this one. High for an hour? No, not with smoked DMT. Reads like an ad for a volcano.

the only reason I used the product name Volcano is because I found NO info on vaporizing with this specific system. there are many types of vaporizers...but I’m sharing about an experience with a Volcano, hence the post subject, I would like to hear others experiences/questions with this system. I do not have to time or desire to fabricate hyped up stories, in fact I can't even fathom why anyone would bother!

slidewindernah wrote:
Quote:
I believe it. it's happened to me. sounds like the queen was not in hyperspace for an hour, but just had an intense heart rate. this can really freak you out, and is very uncomfortable. thanks for the report...I have always wondered about the volcano. o and I love your art! p.s. 80mg!!! YIKES! no wonder your heart was bursting! if your spice is pure, you may not need any more than 30. personally I only need 20.

thank you slidewinder.. for backing me up on this. I realize my wording wasn't very clear, thankfully you were able get the gist of it. I hope someone vaporizing for the 1st time has a chance to get some actual info on this method and the precautions about it. I only see using the vap as a positive.. just take it easy on the first round. the size of inhalations use get with the vap is pure and virtually tasteless (besides a fragrant the hint of spice),and may be hard to gage how much your getting because you can't feel the smoke going into your lungs. Thank you for commenting on my art, it's much appreciated.

warrensaged wrote:
Quote:
Questions about the Volcano have popped up a number of times in the past couple of years, but most of the reply's have usually been speculation due to the huge price

that was exactly what I found... no direct info on vaporizing. this I found very frustrating. I thought here I am with this wicking apparatus that costs a arm and a leg and i have no clue how to launch with it. weed is all fine and dandy,.. but damn. i wanted to try the spice. what i gathered off the random posts i found was that it didn't produce proper vapour and wasn't very good at all. i know now.. the volcano is awesome.. expensive and honestly, it's a pricey item. but wow. if you get the chance to try it, yes.. it's a good time. my friend works at a head shop, so he's got fun toys. he said he barely uses it, so i asked and he eventually (months later) brought it over.

lbeing789 wrote:
Quote:
If you're just a spice smoker, SWIM maybe couldn't recommend the volcano because of price alone... but SWIM uses it for green,brown,oil,spice,bufo and will try harmaloids soon... so it's got many uses..

awesome, why wouldn't you try it all! What's your favourite vaporized substance? I'd like to hear your review on these, since you are the first Volcano connoisseur I've chanced upon. I've relaunched a few friends that had a real hard time with the smoke, certain peoples throat shuts immediately, not allowing even a bit of smoke in( off a glass water bong, my usual method).

lbeing789 wrote:
Quote:
SWIM has loads of experience with the volcano. SWIM has tested it with many people, none have been out for an hour, the longest has been 30 mins, but all of the long trips report experiencing blackouts for a period of time... meaning for them it only seems to last 10 mins (with a skewed view of time). The volcano is efficient, and it helps a lot with the intake. SWIM should point out that after personally witnessing many trips, many people are different, size definitely matters, small people seem to go into hyperspace whilst breathing in the first toke. One friend in particular raves about the volcano experience over the bong experience, but SWIM suspect's this is because it's easier to consume. The positive after effects do linger for a while.

Endlessness had some questions and others voiced concern over smells and residues. First, SWIM has used the liquid pad and it works great, but a bed of vaped herbs works well also... you gotta remember this stuff vaporizes almost instantly and you don’t put much in... I don’t think it even has time to drip and if the spice is pure, there is no residue at all and the smell isn’t a problem either, I mean, after a lot of usage in an evening SWIM barely notices a smell and it definitely passes quickly... also SWIM's never experienced any condensation on the bag....

You can use a liquid filter, and the bags are replaceable, one could imagine different valve sets... SWIM also washes his components in alcohol... to be honest, the mess from herbal deposits is a much bigger problem. Plus, SWIM sees it as advantage that residue if any (for example lye) exists only in the chamber and not in the vapor itself. SWIM may be a volcano salesman now, but for me it's a no brainer, the temp is just right, it's cleaner, SWIM hardly ever exhales anything, its convenient and safer with the bag set (say if someone was to drop it), it's more efficient, so less waste.... the downsides are no portability and it's pretty pricey.. but it helped SWIM to stop smoking which is priceless.

The volcano seems like nothing more than a heat gun on it's size with a bag set on top... it's probably an easy DIY job... but SWIM loves his volcano, it's very well designed and after trying 10 different vapos, this one was night and day, there are some nuisances that make it work particularly well.

great post lbeing789. there’s some great info.. exactly what i was looking for. thanks for helping get the word out on this method. my first thought was I didn't want to ruin this piece of equipment, especially since my friend is ganja only, but well aware of my uses for it. found out about the liquid pad, grabbed one, and then i felt confidant that i would not ruin it. I grinded up a bit of ganja, powderized the crystal and mixed the two together.. and worked very good.

lbeing789[ wrote:
Quote:
but having used it exclusively this year, with no joints, no burning of any sort actually... now SWIM's chest is clear, it's actually made an amazing difference to SWIM's health.. it's gotta be healthier. saved money on skins, tobacco, efficiency pays off.... probably no cancer

I think you make a great point that it does reduce the toxin intake. The spice can destroy my chest on occasion. this takes away from the experience, when your lungs feel on fire its hard to enjoy the journey. it keeps me to attached to the physical realm, the pain and coughing. thankfully its only been a handful of times that were that hard on my lungs/throat.

Drake
#13 Posted : 7/24/2009 2:24:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This information is PRICELESS! I have known of the V.V for a number of months now, but the price is the main factor. Now I have read some good reviews, I might get one in the future (like $1000 Australian =/).

I know wake and bacon is going to try Spice with the Silver Surfer Vaporizer. He just has not had the chance. As we agreed, the main problem is having it on the right setting. But with the V.V, you can just punch in the right temp.

Once WnB has posted at topic on how well the SS works with spice, a sticky should be made to discuss these two [and other GOOD] Vaporizers. It's simply a better way to go for happier lungs.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Trips
#14 Posted : 7/24/2009 2:43:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have to say, if you like Bags and The whip system, the V-tower extreme does both extremely well, looks more pimp than any other vape, performs just as well, and is far cheaper than the volcano.

I LOVE it.

Cool ass LCD screen, remote control and blinky lights too!

Drake
#15 Posted : 7/25/2009 12:12:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like it could be the go... But so far, I cannot find a site that sends outside the US (WTF). Some reports also say the glass can break easy:

Quote:
Yes. One of my good friends owns that very model, and it really gets the job done. The only problem is that you need to be EXTREMELY careful with the glass parts. While the company claims it is the strongest available glass, it is not. My friend broke 3 glass pieces the first night he used it just in front of my eyes. When you pull the hose off the glass, make sure you are pulling it perfectly straight, otherwise it'll crack in half. The built-in fan thing in that is awesome, and its the only way I vape. Definately buy the tower, just be careful with glass fittings!

Although maybe it can be shipped out of the US? Looking up the VOLCANO Vaporizer again, it can be shipped anywhere as long as its allowed in your country. I have seen Aussie sites that sell Vaporizer's. I can imagine the V.V would be allowed if other vaps are sold within the country.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

۩
#16 Posted : 7/25/2009 4:05:53 AM

Who wants to hear "the crumpling of a plastic vap bag," anyway?Wink I would imagine you would want a blanket or something to stuff the bag under to suppress it's noise...no?

Trips
#17 Posted : 7/25/2009 3:13:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never noticed that it made noise. :S

I'll pay more attention next time. The glass parts are glass, yes. Don't be an idiot and you are fine. The company replaces most parts for free anyways. I do not see HOW someone could break it without trying/being downright ignorant of their surroundings.

Its SOLID glass.

Trips
#18 Posted : 7/25/2009 3:15:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ebay for the v-tower extreme. It costs more to US citizens. I don't know why. Even besides shipping, there is a company policy to charge you guys more. *shrugs* You can still get it off ebay though.

Trips
#19 Posted : 7/25/2009 3:16:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

or directly from the company, arizer.
http://www.arizer.com/
or KJ-rocksteady.

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 7/25/2009 3:27:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Who wants to hear "the crumpling of a plastic vap bag," anyway?

+1 Laughing

12NEXT