We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
RecommendaTek Options

Seven
#1 Posted : 7/22/2009 5:33:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim was dreaming about growing some mushrooms recently. Hes researched before but never made it all happen. He got distracted by some other entheogens.
Anyway is there a straight forward tek that he could either do inside or outside? He was going to try the pf tek years ago, but didn't have an appropriate place.
Any tek and strain recommendations would be appreciated.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Darkbb
#2 Posted : 7/27/2009 1:40:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does it need to be a hidden grow? i want to try invitro. ever visit mycotopia.net

kungpow
#3 Posted : 7/28/2009 2:53:41 PM

Brandon

it's funny you should post this topic. The other day the traveler and I were discussing the lack of mushroom information on this website. I have been growing mushrooms for quite some time now and have gotten pretty good at. Except lately I have been having some killer contamination problems that I can't seem to figure out. But I have a great tek lined out just perfect.

This tek that I will be adding to the nexus and the wiki will go from start to finish. That is from spore print-->spawn-->hpoo-->harvest-->take new spore print. The method that I use will produce at least a quarter pound of mushrooms dry your first flush and is a very simple task. I wrote up this guide for my dad when I introduced him to mushrooms and he managed to pick it up pretty easy. THere is some editing that I need to do so that is what's causing the delay. I think I need to get off my lazy ass and have it up by the end of the weekend.

I am sure that will make all of you mushroom hungry fellas around here oh so happy.

~Peace Out

Seven
#4 Posted : 7/28/2009 9:27:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds good kungpow, swim will be on the lookout for your tek. @Dark, it doesnt have to be a total hidden grow, but swim cant set up shop in his kitchen. outdoor, attic or basement is more like it.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

Darkbb
#5 Posted : 7/30/2009 10:25:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey kungpow that tek sounds amazing. it will be great to have some mushroom cultivation information right here at home at the nexus.

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 7/30/2009 10:38:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

SWIM has used Doc's Wild Birdseed Tek from the shroomery with great success. The link has all the information and a pictorial that goes up to casing. The casing links are at the bottom. Have fun guys.

Doc's WBS Tek: http://www.shroomery.org.../Docs-Wild-Bird-Seed-Tek
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

dread
#7 Posted : 7/30/2009 11:13:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For spawn, a 50/50 mixture of WBS and whole brown rice has worked quite well for me. Coir as bulk substrate, fruit uncased...

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 8/1/2009 6:48:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really simple tek I have used repeatedly with great success...suitable for growing Copelandia cyanescens (my fave) or Psilocybe cubensis;

http://www.mushrooms.20m.com/copelandia.htm

Darkbb
#9 Posted : 8/1/2009 9:22:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

that might be simple but what makes a tek good is not the simplicity of aquiring the materials and doing it. What makes it simple to me is the simplicity of reading. How well it is layed out and how well it is to follow. Anybody can get the materials its just reading it and how well its laid out i hope kungpow's tek is and easy read and laid out well.

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 8/2/2009 5:16:19 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's why the Wild Bird Seed is the way to go, especially for the inexperienced...Rye's good too but a little trickier.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

burnt
#11 Posted : 8/2/2009 12:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

get some rye grain. germinate over night in water. pressure cook. inject spores. incubate until fully colonized. either do rye grain transfer into larger jars of grain or use as is. pasturize straw and sterilize peat moss. with sterile object stir grain into straw in fresh sterile plastic bag in a 12 pack of beer box (make as many as you need) cover with peat moss. keep humid but with good ventilation and proper temp. = simple high yield tek.

dread
#12 Posted : 8/2/2009 12:24:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Get some malt extract agar and pour a few plates. Germinate spores on agar, transfer the rhizomorphic mycelium and repeat until you have a monoculture. Cut the plate with monoculture in wedges and inoculate a few grain jars with the wedges. When colonized spawn the grain jars to a substrate of coir,coffee and vermiculite, let colonize and fruit uncased.

#13 Posted : 8/2/2009 4:04:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

If your just starting out on growing get a few grows under your belt with the PF Tek. It's simple, effective, concealable, and has decent yields.

This link takes you straight to 4 videos on the BRF/PF tek: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/ RR is a VERY knowledgebale mycologist. He covers casings, and more advanced stages such as cloning and mushrooms strain isolation.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 8/2/2009 5:10:06 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

swib can vouch for this
BRF is super easy

the recipe is:
2parts verm
1 part BRF
1 part water

tip: make a glove box, it drastically decreases chance of contamination
a clear rubbermaid bin works, cut two large holes int the side, so your forearms can fit through. swib cut up clear recyclable bags to create the sleeves (uesd tape too), sprayed the box with lysol,
and wore gloves. the point is to create a work area devoid of flying particulates

most contamination in jar substrates comes from innoculation, i.e. mold spores landing on the needle. always use aseptic techniques.
also make sure jars aren't too moist, bacillus cereus grows in wet spots. you'll know it's there after 3 days, it stinks
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

#15 Posted : 8/3/2009 2:51:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Yeah the glove box is just so no draft comes sweeping in with nasty contams. SWIM just has a rubbermaid with 2 holes cut in the sides. Very mobile and easy as pie to innoc. a dozen or so jars.

damiana
#16 Posted : 2/15/2011 5:05:51 AM

Cosmic Dragon

kungpow wrote:
it's funny you should post this topic. The other day the traveler and I were discussing the lack of mushroom information on this website.

Agreed!

Smile

I thought I would contribute a TEK to the Nexus. Had to perfect it first though. And even still it is not complete. Soon it shall be. Wink

Here it is: Very Easy Spawn-Bag Mushroom TEK

PEACE

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 2/15/2011 1:20:40 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

my tek zeamayzing tek - its here so im not linking.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

damiana
#18 Posted : 2/15/2011 10:49:32 PM

Cosmic Dragon

SWIM didn't find that tek till just now. It is full of information and extensive, but a little too complicated for a beginner, however, it's always great to have many resources. Thanks.

SWIM wanted to make a really easy straight forward tek with pictures for beginners, without big mycology words involved either.
PEACE

SnozzleBerry
#19 Posted : 2/15/2011 11:02:42 PM

omnia sunt communia!

damiana wrote:
without big mycology words involved either.

Why? I've always found learning the terminology of a particular hobby is the best/easiest way to talk about what you want to talk about relating to said hobby. It certainly makes troubleshooting and expressing yourself within the given arena much easier. I dunno...just my thoughts
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Madcap
#20 Posted : 2/16/2011 3:41:25 AM

illudium Q-36

I can't rec a tek per se. I'm in the middle of my first grow. I am using the shroomexpert's monobags (manure/straw and secret ingredients) I also used his WBS spawnbags.

I don't know how other substrate vendors are, but probably just as good.

No brainer, seriously...did not need a brain to do it.

Order the spores first, then spawn bags, allow full colonization, order mono bags, add spawn to monobag, mix everything up really well, sit it on a shelf.

No special light schedule, I turn'em on when I wake up. Turn'em off when I go to bed.

So far I have harvested 18 ounces of wet shrooms, with very little effort. The website says to expect 1000 grams per bag easy. It looks like I will exceed this by quite a bit.

I think that with a little more regimented light timing I could have had a proper loaded pinset...but this was my first time.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

12NEXT