We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Is there a list of all these abbreviations and their meanings somewhere? Options

Ufostrahlen
#61 Posted : 8/20/2014 10:59:23 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

MealeaYing wrote:

A lot of windows users don't have office (Im one of them).
Most macintosh users do not have office.
Linux Unix and Android users don't have office.

LibreOffice is free, works on Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD and can read docx. But .pdfs are universal I guess.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entheogenerator
#62 Posted : 8/21/2014 10:22:42 AM

Homo discens

benzyme wrote:
people often use it to mean pressure cook, a physical means of cell lysis

I knew there was another meaning that I was leaving out! Thanks, Benzyme! Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Parshvik Chintan
#63 Posted : 8/21/2014 9:55:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MealeaYing wrote:
A/B Extraction = Acid/Base Extraction - more info on this?

its an extraction that starts with an acid stage, then progresses to a base stage, as opposed to a straight-to-base (STB) tek
MealeaYing wrote:
Beta-carbolines = Alkaloid, good or bad?

its just a class of compounds, like tryptamines or ergolines. harmalas are an example of b-carbolines
MealeaYing wrote:
FASA = ?
FASI = ?

fumaric acid saturated isopropyl
fumaric acid saturated acetone (FASW is fumaric acid saturated water)
check the wiki for more info
MealeaYing wrote:
Gramine = Unwanted chemical?
Hordenine = Unwanted chemical?

that is up for debate, but its not a concern as they aren't readily soluble in virtually every solvent we use.
MealeaYing wrote:
Heptane = Non polar Solvent - More info?
Hexane = Solvent, Base? I don't know... Wikipedia leapt over my head in seconds.

both hexane and heptane are aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents.
i believe naphtha is composed of a bit of both of those molecules

MealeaYing wrote:
LC = Liquid chromatography? Lethal concentration? Eeep!

liquid culture (if the context is mushroom growing)

MealeaYing wrote:
LLE = Laboratory for Laser Energetics?!?!? This sounds fun! What is it?
OTOH = ?

given that i don't know what these are, i think its safe to say they aren't particularly pertinent
MealeaYing wrote:
P. arundinacea = Grass - More info?
P. Aquatica = Grass - More info?
P. brachystachys = Grass - More info?
Phalaris = Grass - More info?

phalaris is a genus of grass, and aquatica/brachystachys/arundinacea are different species of phalaris.
idk what info specifically you want, but there is tons of info on the forum.
MealeaYing wrote:
Pet ether = A type of ether, but what is it exactly?

naphtha

My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

MealeaYing
#64 Posted : 8/24/2014 4:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GRIN!!!!

And in reverse order:

@Parshvik:

THAT was/is awesome, thank you very much!
Its a good thing I asked, I was under the impression Naphtha was a type of alcohol. This is the whole point of this list, is to make it easy to find out what something is if you find that you need it.
NOW I understand why people try to avoid it.
Thus dies my interest in having a pet ether, they smell far too flammable and are not very fluffy.

@Entheogenerator and Benzyme:
Theres also Pineal Cancer, just to make it even more confusing Pineal Cancer appears at the top right of this website at the moment. Also thank you for adding the Cacti, and knowing the context is a good thing. Thanks!

@Ufostrahlen:
NICE!!!
Thank you!
PDF's are somewhat universal, good or bad.
Thanks for killing of the micro text, I had to use binoculars to read it!

@AProbableWave:
WOW!
Nice!
I didn't add it to the wiki because of the oldest reason in the world: ignorance. I didn't know I could and on top of that I didn't, or don't, know how!
Thank you for fixing THAT little problem!
Having a US-centric bias is normal for people in the US, or for anyone to have from wherever they are. In the distant future someone is going to notice that our future generations have an Earth Centric bias.
What you did with adding this to the wiki is great, seriously. If I just copy the format of the file you supplied I can add to it as well? It almost looks like its easier to make Wiki tables than it is in HTML....

(-_-) {I do not know what I am doing, but I am doing it anyway)

aprobablewave
#65 Posted : 8/25/2014 8:22:30 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

MealeaYing wrote:
If I just copy the format of the file you supplied I can add to it as well? It almost looks like its easier to make Wiki tables than it is in HTML....

To add to the wiki article at https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...breviations_and_acronyms click the edit tab up top (will have to create a wiki account if you don't have one). Here is the wiki format for a horizontal row in a table:
Code:

|-
| Abbreviation/acronym term (will show up under left column)
| Explanation (center column)
| Notes (right column)
|-

BTW, I know there were many different abbreviations discussed in this thread, including general internet terms not specific to these forums. But I intended that article to just contain DMT extraction related abbreviations and acronyms in order to make navigation easier. One giant article would be more difficult to navigate I think.

Let me know if you have any issues editing the wiki.

Peace!

MealeaYing
#66 Posted : 8/30/2014 2:28:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aprobablewave wrote:

BTW, I know there were many different abbreviations discussed in this thread, including general internet terms not specific to these forums. But I intended that article to just contain DMT extraction related abbreviations and acronyms in order to make navigation easier. One giant article would be more difficult to navigate I think.

Let me know if you have any issues editing the wiki.
Peace!

That was brought up already and I agree, almost completely.
I don't use internet abbreviations if I can avoid it for the simple reason I don't want to force people to look them up (I will not look them up, I would rather learn Greek). CosmicSpore and I stripped the surrounding page off a site that contained about 90 pages of internet abbreviations. It was tedious to say the least and does not have much bearing on the subject of this site except in cases where it might overlap in conversations.
I would expand it from just DMT extraction to include any extraction, affects, both mental and physical, and to include things related to the subject such as chemistry. A little humor tossed in wouldn't hurt either...
I figure if someone wants to try this stuff, or one of these processes they might as well start off with a list of everything they might need and WHAT IT IS.
Personally I wouldn't do any of the TEK's with one or two exceptions because I have no idea what they are talking about (this is changing rapidly). With a list like this I can go over things and see what something is and even where to get more information about it.

Cheers, and thanks again, the education about Wiki editing is terrific!

(-_-) {I do not know what I am doing, but I am doing it anyway)

«PREV234