We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Is there a list of all these abbreviations and their meanings somewhere? Options

Ufostrahlen
#41 Posted : 8/11/2014 8:39:15 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Quote:
Freebase or free base refers to the pure basic form of an amine, as opposed to its salt form. The amine is usually an alkaloid natural product. Free base is commonly used in organic chemistry and pharmaceuticals to describe the deprotonated amine form of a compound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_base
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Poads
#42 Posted : 8/11/2014 9:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think freebase is typically a verb that can be used in place of smoking/vaping. Rather, one would smoke/vape a freebase. Hence, freebase is a noun. BUT, we use it as an adjective, e.g. freebase DMT to describe the DMT that is in freebase form.

So, in my personal view, "freebase" is a noun that is often used as an adjective.

Examples: I'm going to smoke some freebase. I'm extracting freebase DMT.

HOWEVER, if one were to use "freebase" as a verb, I (and probably most others) would understand.

Example: He's going to freebase some DMT.

So I guess it could be used in many ways. I suppose freebase could refer to a method of consumption. But, personally, when I hear freebase, I think of it as a form of DMT (or cocaine, I guess...)

Sorry, I'm sure that makes it more confusing!
POADS is gone!

MealeaYing
#43 Posted : 8/11/2014 9:47:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Ufostrahlen:
Thanks!
Thats excellent, yet way over my head. Way over my head is also good, its something to learn and I love that.

@Poads:
Actually that clears things up a lot!
I learned the term from Richard Prior... A deeply educational man if you are trying to laugh so hard you get sick. I figured thats what it meant from then till recently when I started looking at stuff here.... seriously unrelated stuff.

I think this is something to add but I will have to look at how to word it, I want this thing to make sense to people who know nothing and people who know a lot. Thats a big range to cover and its not always easy.

Thanks you guys!

Cheers!
Mealea
(-_-) {I do not know what I am doing, but I am doing it anyway)

MealeaYing
#44 Posted : 8/14/2014 7:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im looking for two more things now:
A list of plants and where they grow.
And a list of the same plants and where there are no legal issues with having using or experimenting with them.

I suppose that last bit, having, using etc could lead one to Antarctica, but still, a list like that could be useful.
Pot for example is now legal in a lot of places it wasn't before, knowing where things are ok and where they are not would go a long way towards keeping people out of trouble.

Parshvik Chintan
#45 Posted : 8/14/2014 11:06:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Poads wrote:
Example: He's going to freebase some DMT.

to me that sounds more like "he is going to convert some salted dmt into freebase" rather than "he is going to ingest some freebase dmt"

MealeaYing wrote:
And a list of the same plants and where there are no legal issues with having using or experimenting with them.

i can't speak for other places, but in the US every plant with any amount of a schedule 1 drug (or a significantly similar analogue) is illegal under the CSA
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

MealeaYing
#46 Posted : 8/16/2014 7:28:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Parshvik:
To me it sounds (or sounded) like "he" was going to smoke it, this is corrected now, but thank you!
It was confusing.

For the legal issue I was under the impression that this isnt even possible (in the US) without wiping out things like the citrus crop, and other trees, grasses and shrubs.
Also I am not just curious about the US. There in fact states in the US that allow some things and not others depending on how and why they are being used. Massachusetts is possibly one but I do not even know how to find out. The laws in the United States are changing at present so its hard to say.
Other countries have other laws or even a lack of laws and THAT is even more interesting, the united states is famous for quashing this stuff, other places are not.
Perhaps I should reword my question to this:
What things are legal and where?
Imagine a map that cross references a specific plant's habitat with the legality of that plant, this could be tremendously useful.

On another note, I am having an interesting time trying to continue the abbreviations list.
I find myself looking things up in many places and coming up with different answers. Some are obvious, some are not. Freebase was, or is, a good example. Richard Pryor was NOT doing an extraction when he set himself on fire.

Anyhow, I am still learning and will add things as i become sure what I am adding is correct, I chucked a number of things yesterday as they were suspect and will start looking them up again when I have some time.

Thanks again, and Cheers!
Mealea

Parshvik Chintan
#47 Posted : 8/16/2014 10:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MealeaYing wrote:

For the legal issue I was under the impression that this isnt even possible (in the US) without wiping out things like the citrus crop, and other trees, grasses and shrubs.

it either only applies, or they only enforce it when there is intended human consumption.

MealeaYing wrote:

amanitas are legal everywhere.
under the ONAC, most plant sacraments are federally legal.

idk, it seems as silly to me as not smoking weed because there are laws against it. that only means you can't be dumb enough to get caught Laughing

as for the colloquial usage of the word "freebase"... it is used far less than the actual
definition of the word 'round these parts.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

MealeaYing
#48 Posted : 8/18/2014 1:21:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
it either only applies, or they only enforce it when there is intended human consumption.

GASP! You mean.... Selective enforcement?!?!
That makes total sense I guess.

Quote:
under the ONAC, most plant sacraments are federally legal.

Hmmm... It seems to me that a lot of people consider all plants sacrament weather they consume them or not.... Interesting point there.

Quote:
as for the colloquial usage of the word "freebase"... it is used far less than the actual
definition of the word 'round these parts.

Im noticing that more and more, I prefer the meaning here but it still a gross word to me.
Funny how that works.
The whole point of this list aside from trying to nail down the meanings of abbreviations is to disambiguate things that have more than one meaning....
That and for me it might make it possible to read some of these TEKs and not have to look things up every three seconds.
I have read a whole bunch of the them and to me most of it has been illegible till very recently.

Just out of curiosity:
WHY are Amanitas legal everywhere?

Parshvik Chintan
#49 Posted : 8/18/2014 8:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MealeaYing wrote:
Just out of curiosity:

same reason people everywhere don't take them recreationally:
it takes a crazy (The best kind of crazy) person to do it more than once Very happy

..so naturally i consider myself an enthusiast Laughing
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

MealeaYing
#50 Posted : 8/18/2014 2:46:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
It takes a crazy (The best kind of crazy) person to do it more than once Very happy
..so naturally i consider myself an enthusiast Laughing

I adore you for that statement!

aprobablewave
#51 Posted : 8/19/2014 10:04:57 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

MealeaYing wrote:
@Parshvik:
Perhaps I should reword my question to this:
Imagine a map that cross references a specific plant's habitat with the legality of that plant, this could be tremendously useful.

Hi there, I'm confused by your reworded question. Are you asking what plants are legal that contain schedule I drugs like DMT? Or are you asking what plant-based drugs are legal? As Parshvik said, there are no legal plants that contain schedule I drugs. DMT and analogues are schedule I. See https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=21527

aprobablewave
#52 Posted : 8/19/2014 10:23:45 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

MealeaYing wrote:

Just out of curiosity:

Perhaps they are referring to Amanita muscaria or the fly agaric? It is not federally scheduled like DMT-containing plants. However, some local laws prohibit possession when intended for human consumption. See https://www.erowid.org/p...nitas/amanitas_law.shtml

Even when not locally prohibited, possession of legal plants or fungi still can get you into trouble with local law enforcement, especially if they think you are selling or trafficking. Also, the genus Amanita has several species with very nasty toxic compounds responsible for fatalities so you really have to know what you are doing.

MealeaYing
#53 Posted : 8/20/2014 5:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Hi there, I'm confused by your reworded question. Are you asking what plants are legal that contain schedule I drugs like DMT? Or are you asking what plant-based drugs are legal? As Parshvik said, there are no legal plants that contain schedule I drugs. DMT and analogues are schedule I.

Ahh...
Ok I see the problem.
What I was thinking about is this:
Making a list of plants and cross referencing them with where they grow and what their legal status is to facilitate perhaps making a map, a map of the world, not JUST the United States.
Try not to take this wrong, but the United States is not the only country in the world.
Uruguay for example now has completely removed all the laws against marijuana. That just one country, and even in the United States laws in different places vary, there are places called reservations where the laws are different about certain things. This makes including the United States helpful but not everyone lives there.
Heres an example of an idea of how a map of say, Singapore, the state of texas and the country of Uruguay would look:

Singapore would be black and orange stripes and blink on and off.
They can (or could last I heard) behead you for a joint.
It would have a skull and crossbones icon.

Texas would be bright red.
They have horrifying laws about drugs and outrageous sentences.
Texas would have a cross icon perhaps to denote excessive religious intensity and poor governmental decision making.

Uruguay would be green
They would have a icon of some sort that denotes intelligent thought and progressive government policies.

Do you see what Im getting at here?
The icons and reasons are just tossed out as loose ideas.

This would be a global list, and perhaps a map, it could be a useful tool I think. Hard to make but useful none the less.

MealeaYing
#54 Posted : 8/20/2014 5:23:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I have some new ones....
Some I think might seem obvious but I dont want to get them wrong so here goes:

A/B Extraction = Acid/Base Extraction - more info on this?
Beta-carbolines = Alkaloid, good or bad?
FASA = ?
FASI = ?
Gramine = Unwanted chemical?
H2O = Inverted fire molecule.
Heptane = Non polar Solvent - More info?
Hexane = Solvent, Base? I don't know... Wikipedia leapt over my head in seconds.
Hordenine = Unwanted chemical?
LC = Liquid chromatography? Lethal concentration? Eeep!
LLE = Laboratory for Laser Energetics?!?!? This sounds fun! What is it?
OTOH = ?
P. arundinacea = Grass - More info?
P. Aquatica = Grass - More info?
P. brachystachys = Grass - More info?
Phalaris = Grass - More info?
Pet ether = A type of ether, but what is it exactly?

I want a pet Ether, I bet they are fluffy and soft and have gigantic pointed teeth.

Anyhow thats the stuff I have for now, I have more extraction stuff but I have to sort it out a bit.

Cheers, and thanks for any help with these things!

aprobablewave
#55 Posted : 8/20/2014 7:01:21 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

MealeaYing wrote:
Ahh...
Ok I see the problem.
What I was thinking about is this:
Making a list of plants and cross referencing them with where they grow and what their legal status is to facilitate perhaps making a map, a map of the world, not JUST the United States.
Try not to take this wrong, but the United States is not the only country in the world.

Hahah yes you are very much right! I apologize for my US-centric bias. I understand what you are saying now and really like your idea. I would think drawing a map would be time consuming, would be neat to use something like crowdmap for collaborative mapping.

aprobablewave
#56 Posted : 8/20/2014 7:52:19 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

Cosmic Spore wrote:
MealeaYing wrote:
It seems that its become a .DocX which is one of the microsoft office formats, one needs to have office to use it. Heres the problem with that: A lot of windows users don't have office (Im one of them). Most macintosh users do not have office. Linux Unix and Android users don't have office.

Ok, I've created new formats (.pdf, .htm, .mht, & the .docx), let me know which you think would be most universally openable, and I'll replace the link that's now in the FAQ.
For easiness sake I'll link them below.

MealeaYing wrote:
Should I mix all the internet stuff into this list, or start a new one?
It seems to me that adding the internet stuff, which there is a vast quantity of, would make this list less directly useful, it will be a long list as it is but to add all the internet stuff and textmessage stuff it could become out of control.
I have an example that is over 90 pages long:
http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

Now that I see what you mean, I think separate lists would be more useful; I've just copied the list "NetLingo List of Chat Acronyms & Text Shorthand" & put that into different type files (.pdf, .htm, .mht, & the .docx).
See which you think is the most universally openable, and I'll replace "Abbreviations and their meanings" in the FAQ, and I'll also add "NetLingo List of Chat Acronyms & Text Shorthand" also.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Abbreviations.pdf

I agree separate is better to keep it more on topic and focused on DMT. But why not put these on the wiki so everyone can edit ?

aprobablewave
#57 Posted : 8/20/2014 8:25:48 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

I made a table with that list using http://www.tablesgenerator.com/mediawiki_tables but it appears I do not have access to create a page on the wiki. How does one go about getting access? I attached the mediawiki markup if anyone with higher powers wants to add it.

EDIT: disregard the above, figured out it was a problem with my wiki login. Fixed and I created the page at https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...breviations_and_acronyms

aprobablewave
#58 Posted : 8/20/2014 9:15:56 PM

iħ(∂/∂t)Ψ=ĤΨ

MealeaYing wrote:
Ok I have some new ones....
Some I think might seem obvious but I dont want to get them wrong so here goes:
FASA = ?
FASI = ?

I added these to https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...breviations_and_acronyms check it out!

I believe OTOH is an acronym for "on the other hand."

Entheogenerator
#59 Posted : 8/20/2014 9:32:30 PM

Homo discens

One more to add:
PC - Meaning varies depending on the context. In reference to cacti, primarily the species Trichocereus pachanoi, it stands for "Predominant Cultivar". "PC pachanoi" is a term used to describe a cultivar/variety of the species which often contains little to no mescaline. Most of the commercially available Trichocereus pachanoi specimens are of the PC cultivar/variety. "PC pachanoi" is synonymous with the slightly lesser-used term "pachanot". More info on the topic is available here.

"PC" can also be used as an abbreviation for "personal computer" or "politically correct".
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

benzyme
#60 Posted : 8/20/2014 10:21:01 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

people often use it to mean pressure cook, a physical means of cell lysis
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

PREV1234NEXT