We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia dunnii (elephant ear wattle) Options

--Shadow
#1 Posted : 8/2/2014 7:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
Acacia dunnii (Elephant Ear Wattle) is a very interesting species from northern Western Australia, the Kimberleys and the Northern Territory..it likes gravely soil..it has been introduced to west africa..
i have no specific medicinal or chemical information on it..perhaps someone does..

a great species to grow for it's distinctive phyllodes..

I've had 100% success rate with dunni seed germination, they seem very easy after an overnight soak in boiled water. I must say, the seeds are enormous! These are some sitting next to a. radolens (vanilla wattle).

The thought of hybridizing dunnii X acuminata(narrow) seems like a great-dane X chihuahua
--Shadow attached the following image(s):
dunnii.jpg (870kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

--Shadow
#2 Posted : 9/6/2014 4:01:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1 month along...
--Shadow attached the following image(s):
a.dunnii.jpg (553kb) downloaded 129 time(s).
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

chocobeastie
#3 Posted : 10/24/2014 3:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some leaves, which are amazing, but haven't got around to testing them!

Kurtles
#4 Posted : 1/20/2020 6:41:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey man cool info. There's an abundance of these around me. Was wondering if you tried doing an extraction on these? Cheers man