We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Headache from spice? Options

Garulfo
#21 Posted : 7/28/2009 2:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did a small 'mistake' last day.
He inhaled a good amount of N-oxyde smoke but blew it out thru the nose which hurted a bit. The next day he had a good sinusitis and a headache. Sinusitis was probably there just before but unnoticed, maybe the smoke hurted weakened sinus and increased the inflamation. The headache had nothing to do with the DMT but with the sinus but it happened 8-10 hours after smoking. It was a splitheadache which SWIM rarely have.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#22 Posted : 7/28/2009 2:59:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

obliguhl wrote:
Very interesting replies, thank you!
Maybe it could also be due to physical stress and exhaustion...

I get slight headaches if I'm quite tired beforehand. Never with such a long time between though.

69ron
#23 Posted : 7/28/2009 5:39:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Speaking of headaches, I know about psychedelics helping to prevent cluster headaches, but SWIM usually gets tension headaches, and that's a different kind of headache altogether.

Ephedrine (the active alkaloid in Ephedra sinica) and pseudoephedrine (the active alkaloid in Ephedra viridis, i.e., Mormon Tea) can give SWIM a tension headache sometimes. If he has one already it will make it worse. DMT will also make it worse.

Is there some psychedelic anyone knows about that can alleviate tension headaches?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

WSaged
#24 Posted : 7/28/2009 6:50:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
I only get very minor effects from coffee.

Me too, but I still love my coffee in the morning & sometimes another ion the afternoon!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

idtravlr
#25 Posted : 7/28/2009 8:25:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Speaking of headaches, I know about psychedelics helping to prevent cluster headaches, but SWIM usually gets tension headaches, and that's a different kind of headache altogether.

Ephedrine (the active alkaloid in Ephedra sinica) and pseudoephedrine (the active alkaloid in Ephedra viridis, i.e., Mormon Tea) can give SWIM a tension headache sometimes. If he has one already it will make it worse. DMT will also make it worse.

Is there some psychedelic anyone knows about that can alleviate tension headaches?

Interesting question 69. I would think that PURE LSD would be effective in combating tension headaches, but that's only speculation based on LSD's ability to relieve all stress and tension in the body (when things are going well anyhow). I know that I feel no pain when on LSD. What psych's have you heard that combat cluster headaches? I'd like to hear more about that for sure.

Technically classified (I believe) as a psychedelic, I guarantee that PCP would eliminate ANY headache of any kind. I don't promote the use of PCP however. Perhaps Ketamine as well??

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

69ron
#26 Posted : 7/28/2009 7:34:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very small non-hallucinogenic doses of LSD, LSA, and psilocybin have been proven to temporarily cure cluster headaches. The effect lasts many months.

SWIM doesn't get cluster headaches; it's usually a tension headache or sometimes a migraine headache. Sometimes his tension headache becomes a migraine headache.

What causes a tension headache is not fully understood. Ibuprofen always cures it for SWIM. He doesn’t like taking ibuprofen and would prefer to take a mild psychedelic.

Like aspirin, ibuprofen has anti-coagulant (antiplatelet) effects which can lead to bleeding at large doses. LSD, LSA, and psilocybin also have this effect. The anti-coagulant effects in LSD, LSA, and psilocybin only occur at massive doses not normally used by most people. For example, an accidental ingestion of about 250 mg of psilocybin caused very noticeable anti-coagulant effects in SWIM causing many capillaries in his skin to break. So anyway, this is one effect it shares with these three psychedelics.

I know LSD has been reported many times to be sort of a pain killer at large doses, but SWIM hasn’t noticed that effect and SWIM no longer uses LSD.

SWIM is not interested in PCP or LSD or anything else that requires going to an illicit drug dealer to get. If the psychedelic plant grows in nature, or is legally sold at an herb store, then it’s of course an option.

What about 5-MeO-DMT? That’s available in Virola theiodora Resin which SWIM can legally buy on-line. I know it’s an anti-coagulant at large doses. Does it also have pain relieving effects? Would it help a headache or make it worse like DMT does?.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

wikiwahwah
#27 Posted : 7/28/2009 8:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello obliguhl,

I've only experienced DMT twice so far, and this was with enhanced leaf. I can't say either time I experienced a headache afterwards. I did feel a little fatigued, but this passed within about 15 minutes.

W

obliguhl
#28 Posted : 8/13/2009 1:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to know wikiwahwah ....

My friend tried it again yesterday and now he's having an aweful lot of fun with his headache....again...:evil:

Maybe it's really burnt up spice. He drank enough water before and after.

Aegle
#29 Posted : 8/13/2009 2:44:53 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I never get a headache from spice I only get an itchy head afterwards for a short period of time, I'm till not sure why.....Rolling eyes

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

pmm
#30 Posted : 8/13/2009 2:53:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite the contrary for me, when smoking with a slight headache, it is gone afterwards. Oddly enough, I get the munchies after I'm back to baseline (although that is usually after midnight).

69ron
#31 Posted : 8/13/2009 9:31:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Itchy head, relieves headaches, causes headaches, makes you groggy, makes you feel renewed, etc., etc., etc. There are so many different conflicting after effects being reported. I think some of these aftereffects are from impurities present which are bound to differ by extraction tech.

obliguhl
#32 Posted : 8/18/2009 9:26:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend found out that a huge dose, smoked over hours makes him have 2 days full of headaches (he's suffering right now), while a small dose does nothing. It was yellow spice, he'll try again with spice white as fallen snow.

my friend says that he can't do nothing but accept the pain, because the spice is just too good to give up. He's just sad that he can't take the next day to cherrish the new memorys of dmt land.

..and I found out that instant coffee does have an effect on me. I just need a huge dose. It's my body I guess.

Oh, and I think it's not a simple headache but a migraine..which can be set off by overstimulation of the brain.

Pancho
#33 Posted : 9/4/2009 3:55:08 AM

Reality Gazer

69ron wrote:
SWIM also sometimes gets a headache the day following DMT use. If not a headache, usually his whole body feels a little bit tense. Coffee helps clear it up.

Also happens to me... is at the center or the front of my head. I think it is just like weaking up from a intense lucid dreaming, a bad-dreams night, or a little day nap... I think it is caused by high blood pressure or pineal gland hyperactivity as some astral projection authors wrote.

Yesterday I smoked at eight in the morning and some few hours later I feeled tired, little pain in the pineal gland (as I think) and empty in the inside, a little sad, so I had some chocolat because I remembered HarryPotter after the dementor's kiss, and it worked, for the pain and the mood Smile
I hope this helps you everyone
I have seen Space as kaleidoscopic chambers of infinite Knowledge,
I have seen Time as a semiLiquid mass on the hands of a pharaoh,
I have seen God as a warm and white, full of Love Dimention.
...am I really Seeing right now?

Death is the road to awe

obliguhl
#34 Posted : 9/9/2009 2:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This problem keeps persisting and varies with the dose. 250mg in a session = heavy headache.
50mg = no headache. Maybe my friend gets tense during the experience. I wonder how he'd respond to oral dmt.

obliguhl
#35 Posted : 10/30/2009 9:28:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So...Swim thought that this would somehow pass, but it did not. It works like a clockwork: 6 hours after smoking, headaches start to manifest. They would grow stronger and stronger over the night, reaching maximum strength after 24 hours, slowly fading away after another 24-36 hours.

There must be some kind of physiological process which starts while smoking and rfesults in headaches 6 hours later.

But what could it be? It's not:

-Dehydration
-Dirty Spice

Walking and taking a hot shower seems to help temporarly, so my guess would be, that it somehow effects the circulary System. Maybe something like a semi-permanent vasoconstriction in the head?

Man, SWIM hates it...Spice is so beautiful but yet very ugly on the comedown for him.

jacetea
#36 Posted : 10/30/2009 11:54:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also gets headaches after smoking spice. What smoking method are you using, have you tried a waterbong? Are you smoking it with any kind of herb, maybe MJ? Do you get these kinds of headaches without smoking DMT, like with just the herb?

SWIM is almost certain his headaches are due to coffee drinking. He drinks about 2 larges per day. The headaches he gets from spice are the same as when he stops drinking coffee. He isn't sure about the whole biological technical talk, but he is told coffee forces your body to do certain things, and it becomes accustomed to it. He is told drinking lots of coffee causes the body to overact in some cases, thus thinning the blood while caffeine is present. When caffeine isn't present then the blood gets thicker which results in headaches.

As someone already mentioned, taking spice is like sending your brain through a blackhole. SWIM is certain that coffee is somehow related. He is currently on a "detox" if you will, hoping spice will be a bit more gentle in the future.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

jamie
#37 Posted : 10/30/2009 2:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

You probabily get dehydrated from the caffine..try drinking more water..and drink cleaner water than tap water if you can..spring water is best if you can get it..and take lots of vitamines..caffine can really mess up the system after a while so you need to suppliment..

Also if you smoke cannabis alot..that will give you headaches as well..and make you tired..both from too much melatonin.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#38 Posted : 10/30/2009 3:37:13 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I don't find that I get headaches, although spice has had some very weird effects on my head. Before I ever used any psychedelic, from a young age I would experience a sound in my ear similar to tinnitus that was always accompanied by slight intra-cranial pressure. Imagine my surprise when the first time I smoked spice I found that this sound and feeling were the doorway to another dimension. Every time I feel the carrier wave and its accompanying pressure carrying me out, I can't help but realize that this is something I've been experiencing (although to a very minor degree compared to what the spice induces) my whole life. However, since using spice, I have noticed from time to time that on the rare occasion that I now have this experience, it is slightly more intense, not in a negative way, but almost as if by cracking the door with the spirit molecule, I have made it easier for my body to access a little more of whatever it has always been doing.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jacetea
#39 Posted : 10/30/2009 4:44:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM drinks plenty of water. He has a fairly large glass he bought at the dollar store, he drinks probably 4-5 of these every day. Plus there is water in coffee, he isn't sure if that counts though Razz

He also likes cereal and uses milk in it. Dehydration only really happens first thing in the morning, and the coffee has usually close to worn off before he tries the spice. He also washes away the taste from smoking with more water.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

jamie
#40 Posted : 10/30/2009 4:48:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

4-5 cups of water is not that much when you drink coffee..my doctor told me 10-12 cups of water a day if I drink caffine.
Long live the unwoke.

PREV123NEXT