We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Set and setting sticky Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 8/1/2014 8:50:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I was thinking that a sticky made for each plant or form of ingestion can be helpful: what time of a day, in the bed or in nature, sitter or not etc...

Thread like this one made me,think that it may be a good idea.

Also it may include traditional use that may inspire us, in the case it applies.

What do you folk think?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Earthwalker
#2 Posted : 1/30/2015 10:05:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Poor poads , he was doomed from the first letter he typed to the last ..........

#3 Posted : 1/30/2015 3:20:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Unknown dosages of pharma or any oral preparation ...makes me shudder

Always weigh out dosages for this stuff, or else there's the chance of getting mangled around like a rag doll in the arms of a hurricane. Razz

I empathize with poads though. Many years back I made a similar mistake when working with pharma. It's very much a learning process. We're all human in those respects.

Set and setting, as much as this gets hammered ...is 3/4 of the deal for me. Outside is my preferred choice of environment, otherwise, if I plan to do it inside I make sure i have nice smells to accompany me along, light non verbal music either speaker or headphones, ambient lighting or darkness to help feather out the visions.

As has been said here quite a few times and i'll beat the dead horse once more .. "these substances when taken in sufficient dosage...are not toys, they are medicines, they work with what you give them."

concombres
#4 Posted : 2/19/2015 5:05:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing i've made a similar mistake as poads before. The difference was my dose was weighed & turned out to just be too much & i never left my room.
Luckily i threw up & the visuals subsided very quickly, i've felt the way he described & it is not nice.

Luckily i learned quite a bit from it & take the time to mentally prepare for journies & prepare my setting better.

I do think alot of noobies could benefit from a set & setting sticky though.
While this may seem common sense to most experienced trippers, i've noticed a decent percentage of the new comers have very little experience with deep psychedellic states.