We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
What the FAQ? Please Do Some Research... Options

Knowledge94
#61 Posted : 10/28/2014 11:46:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I am new to the nexus (and DMT in general). I am at the point where I am about as mentally prepared as I can be for the experience. I have a few questions. I wasn't able to find any mimosa bark online so I settled for acacia confusa. I realize there is NMT in the alkaloid profile. Does this have any significant effect on the trip? Also, i think I read somewhere that using N-Heptane in place of naptha as a solvent is better for getting just DMT out of the extraction. Is this correct? I'm having a rough time with the chemistry stuff so I am going to do a simple extraction with water, sodium hydroxide, and naptha/heptane. Anything else I need to know? Also, is the vaporgenie worth getting? I might not know how to use it haha. Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Adjhart
#62 Posted : 10/29/2014 1:41:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Knowledge94 wrote:

I am at the point where I am about as mentally prepared as I can be for the experience.

No, clearly you're not Wut?

But that's ok, you're here now, and you can:

FAQ

WIKI

SEARCH

Which will definitely help.

Thumbs up

quetzalcoatl42
#63 Posted : 10/29/2014 9:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I've read before, but I can't seem to find it, a molecular weight of fumarate vs freebase calculation, that would predict the theoretical conversion ratio of fumarate to freebase.

Could anyone please repeat that for me, much appreciated.

EDIT: Is the Wiki offline ?

SnozzleBerry
#64 Posted : 10/29/2014 9:47:28 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&m=378811#378811
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

DisEmboDied
#65 Posted : 10/30/2014 4:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am just curious if anyone knows the exact science as to how Naptha, or any equal solvent, selects DMT out of mimosa or acacia solution bases? Why only (mostly) the DMT and not the rest?

How does this work?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Thanks!
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

onyxdreamer
#66 Posted : 10/30/2014 11:13:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if this is a lot but one would want to know fully the process's ins and outs before trying it. One has chosen Q21's Jim Jam party as the tek, One has read this tek over fifty times in the past month (one really enjoys chemistry) but still some questions remain on some of the finer things and questions that were not found answered anywhere on the nexus. One hypothetically owns tech grade d-limonene (95%), and Ms Wages Pickling Lime. Thanks ahead for all the help.

1.) Could one use Q21Q21's Jim Jam Party Tek on ACRB as it's written to do, as if one was using MHRB?

2.) Why do some people use xylene or naphtha instead of the food safe alternative d-limonene? One had no trouble locating and purchasing d-limonene for a reasonable price. Do some people find better yields or... what from using different solvents?

3.) Say one owns a 1000ml Sep. Funnel, is that even useful doing Q21's Jim Jam Party with ACRB? If it still can be used, at what step would it become useful?

4.) One has seen others discuss yields with Q21 tek with ACRB but they always use tek 2 (crystal tek); As one understands from reading the Q21 tek the yield of "jim jam" is higher than yield of crystal. (It states in the tek that extracting yields 1% up to 2% spice, but extracting to jim jam it states that yields over 2% are not unheard of). Question is, one hasn't seen enough people with topics about yields using Q21 Jim Jam party with ACRB, One has seen others say that they get 2% yield with ACRB (using tek2), if that's the case would one get even more doing the Jim Jam tek (tek1) with ACRB, Possibly 2.5%+?

5.) This one I think will likely go unanswered due to lack of information or testing but one was wondering out of curiosity what would happen if one were to put jim jam in a degassing oven in the same fashion that good hash oil producers use it to purge their product? One found hardly any resources relating to this, but one is getting an Across International degassing oven soon and wondered if it would be of any use to (one hopes) maybe make the Jim Jam less sticky, more like a crumble/honeycomb hash oil consistency. Just curious, not particularly sure how or if it would work.

6.) A question about the pulls, does it matter if one does an immediate pull once one gets to that step and then do pulls at 24hr, then 48hr, then 72hr, etc? Or is it better for yield to wait, then do one's first pull at 24hrs, then 48hrs, then 72hrs, etc? Just a bit lost on the timing of pulls and needed a little bit of clarification.

7.) This is a pretty lame question, sorry if it isn't obvious, but when doing a pull, one keeps the solvent, not the mush, and do all future steps to the solvent, what does one do with mush? Discard after the final pull?

8.) Clarification on Salting: The bottom layer (vinegar) is the liquid that one does need to continue on with right? The solvent layer on top is the useless one after that step? Just a bit confused.

All the help is appreciated!

Spiralout
#67 Posted : 10/30/2014 11:46:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21s tek will work with acrb. I believe some people prefer to use naptha as it is easier to work with than limonene. I don't think there would be any use using a sep. funnel as the basified mix will be very sludgy and you should be able to just pour off the solvent. This is why they call it a "dry" tek and it makes it a bit easier. There should be some more people better at chemistry than I am that will help you out but yes, acrb will work.

Adjhart
#68 Posted : 10/30/2014 11:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi There!

Welcome to the Nexus! We are glad to have someone who's put Forth so much thought and prepAration. Q21's tek is favored by a several people here because of it's food safe element, however, other solvents have different characteristics which lend themselves to other purposes.

Do you...get what I mean?

Thumbs up

Hazey82
#69 Posted : 11/3/2014 4:16:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi this guy I know needs some help quickly if possible. Seem's to be boiling all the liquid in the ACID cook stage

He is following Joshisom's tek for an Acacia extraction. The quantities listed are for 1KG of bark and only using 425g of bark that has been shredded in blender. The tek says to only scale down the ingredients not the boil times.

E.g The tek say's to use 3600ml water and 400ml of vinegar for 1 Kg of bark. As using 425g bark it was divided everything by 2.35 to get 1530ml water and 170ml vinegar. This barely covered the shredded bark and only after 30min of boiling there is hardly any liquid so the bark is just steaming? After 30min boil there is 250 ml liquid, does he keep going for another 1hr 15min? Or just stick with 20-30min boils?

Any help appreciated please.

1ce
#70 Posted : 11/3/2014 5:42:42 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

I suppose you could add a little more water. If you have litmus paper you could check the Ph to see if you need to add more acid. If you have a lid you can put that on your cooking pot upside-down and put ice on top of it. This will help you retain water.

DreaMTripper
#71 Posted : 11/3/2014 5:44:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You need to keep the bark covered in water for the duration of the boil, even if just a little above the bark or you could ruin the bark by burning it. Just like making a stew or boiling some vegetables.
The principle is that the alkaloids are leeched into the water.
ONLY when you have done this 3 or 4 times and exhausted the bark of alkaloids THEN you can reduce the liquid to a more manageable and convenient volume.
Knowwing the principles of extractions is important so you can improvise if you have made some mistakes.
The nexus is a no SWIMMING area by the way Wink

1ce
#72 Posted : 11/3/2014 5:59:08 AM

As Einstein once said, Understanding is the key to knowledge.

What you are doing is adding acid and water with heat to break down the bark. Assuming you are using vinegar, which is acetic acid; you are converting the DMT to DMT-acetate. Acetate, like all other acid salts are soluable in water.

Acid salts are not soluable in a non-polar solvent, which is why you defat with a non-polar.. -because you will not removing DMT as it is quite happy inside the water.

When you add a base, you basify the DMT and the exact opposite happens. Freebase alkaloids tend not to be soluable in water. They much prefer a non-polar solvent.

By acidifying or basifying you can move the DMT back and forth between water and solvent.

One thing you can do with your nonpolar solvent is wash it with a little bit of water in a separatory funnel or something similar to clean out some crap you sucked up with the solvent.

I could show you a perfect extraction result along side an extraction with a fraction of a drop's worth of impurities. The difference is impressive Smile

Hazey82
#73 Posted : 11/3/2014 6:02:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So the tek says 1hr45min but the FAQ it says from 30-2hr. If I have to stick to the 1hr45 as per the tek then I know im going to need to add more water. If 30 min is ok then I will try that.

Thanks for the tips but is simmering another option to help last the 1hr45min?

Hazey82
#74 Posted : 11/3/2014 6:05:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
I suppose you could add a little more water. If you have litmus paper you could check the Ph to see if you need to add more acid. If you have a lid you can put that on your cooking pot upside-down and put ice on top of it. This will help you retain water.

I just saw your other reply 1ce. Thanks for that Smile
I do have litmus paper. I know I was aiming for PH4 with the water and vinegar but now that its boiled with the bark is there another PH I should be looking out for?

Thanks

DreaMTripper
#75 Posted : 11/3/2014 6:05:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure.

Hazey82
#76 Posted : 11/3/2014 7:02:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The other thing is the bark was collected and shredded 2 weeks ago and has been stored in the freezer thawed 3 times. Is this likely to be ok and not have lost any content?
Thanks

boogerz
#77 Posted : 11/3/2014 7:22:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hazey82 wrote:
The other thing is the bark was collected and shredded 2 weeks ago and has been stored in the freezer thawed 3 times. Is this likely to be ok and not have lost any content?
Thanks

edited oops reread the question. Bark should be OK.

FAQ. storing mimosa

But I would not be freezing /thawing if you aren't planning to extract it anytime soon

1ce
#78 Posted : 11/3/2014 7:46:50 AM

Doing an acid/base I saturate to ph 2-3, or 12-13. Smile

Earthwalker
#79 Posted : 11/3/2014 8:17:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hazey82 wrote:
Hi All need some help quickly if possible. Seem's to be boiling all the liquid in the ACID cook stage

Following Joshisom's tek for an Acacia extraction. The quantities listed are for 1KG of bark and only using 425g of bark that has been shredded in blender. The tek says to only scale down the ingredients not the boil times.

E.g The tek say's to use 3600ml water and 400ml of vinegar for 1 Kg of bark. As using 425g bark it was divided everything by 2.35 to get 1530ml water and 170ml vinegar. This barely covered the shredded bark and only after 30min of boiling there is hardly any liquid so the bark is just steaming? After 30min boil there is 250 ml liquid, do I keep going for another 1hr 15min? Or just stick with 20-30min boils?

Any help appreciated please.

Do you'reself a favor and look up Cybs hybrid salt TEK , because I could acidify , salt , basify , pull , pre-evap and wrap and start the freeze before you finish you're 3 acid simmers with the typical boil base TEK ! Cool

Hazey82
#80 Posted : 11/3/2014 9:00:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow cheers for that Earthwalker. I have just started my 3rd Acid boil and wanted to do a 4th as my 1st I dont think I did it right.

Am I able to quit this tek now, take what liquid I have from 1st 2 cooks (1 litre) + another 1500ml from current boil( thats only 20 min in) and go straight to the salting method on the Cyb tek?
Thanks

«PREV23456NEXT»