We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
What the FAQ? Please Do Some Research... Options

olbluegrasstoka
#1 Posted : 2/1/2012 1:25:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MODERATOR EDIT: If your thread was merged with this thread or your post moved here, please read the FAQ or do a basic search as the answer to the question can be easily found

swim did his first extraction using normans tek

first messed up by puting in the pre powdered root bark in before adding lye and water.

and also used 20ml water instead of 15 becouse its pre powdered bark

and when taking naptha out it was not yellow but got rly cloudy when taken out freezer after 3 hours
what could have happened?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PrimalWisdom
#2 Posted : 2/1/2012 2:18:42 PM

Everything the light touches

Hey man

Naptha gets cloudy when it's pretty saturated with DMT. I usually evap a bit of it off until it goes cloudy before I put it in the freezer, always makes the DMT drop out quicker.

Peace

PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

JuremaSpaceship
#3 Posted : 2/1/2012 3:16:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you are doing something for the first time you should always closely follow instructions no matter what you are doing, especially when it comes to using potentially dangerous chemicals to extract dmt that you are going to be smoking. I used noman's tek also but I made sure I was ready before actually getting down to business, when your health/safety is on the line it's best to know exactly what you're getting into so you don't make little mistakes (adding mhrb before lye)

And how much water did you use? 20ml?? I'm confused. How much bark?

I take as many notes as I can including hand writing out every step that I will be following and have the notes handy when extracting.

As far as cloudy naphtha in the freezer...that is a good thing, just leave it in there until its clear and you have crystals in there.

Good luck, be safe
Rugā€¢Wallā€¢Ceilingā€¢Peopleā€¢Fruitā€¢Music

olbluegrasstoka
#4 Posted : 2/1/2012 3:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah swim was deff safe knowing that lye can deff fuck you up by not wear glasses or gloves.
swim added 20ml water to every 1 gram of pre powdered bark,
and hes been studyting about doing this for weeks now,
main thing is he tought the naptha was spoused to come out yellow not clear even when also using a hot water bath

but one problem that might have happined is not leaving the naptha in the mixing jar long enouf hes just deff not too sure about this one.

JuremaSpaceship
#5 Posted : 2/1/2012 3:44:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Naphtha is supposed to come out clear, 15 mins of sitting (mixing around every 5 mins) or so is fine for each pull. People have mixed opinions but it seems like the naphtha really doesn't need to stay in there long at all.

olbluegrasstoka
#6 Posted : 2/1/2012 3:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks alott! basicly all swims questions have been answered.

few more things swim needs to figure out

dose adding podwered rootbark before lye and water matter much?

and can too little too much naptha hurt?

JuremaSpaceship
#7 Posted : 2/1/2012 3:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I go with 1ml naphtha per gram of bark as a rule of thumb, you don't want to use too much naphtha or else you'll have to evaporate a lot before it will freeze precip.

I'm not sure about adding the bark first tho you might be ok, but you usually want to add the lye first and let it cool down before adding mhrb.

olbluegrasstoka
#8 Posted : 2/2/2012 3:26:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

damnn it actually worked x)
swim just had a super hard time scraping the shit out of the jar
and it dident yeild very much only mybe 100mg.
but looks good pure white.Razz

abusedtoaster
#9 Posted : 2/3/2012 1:31:57 AM

Scrumptious

Ive had my naphtha remain cloudy for over 12 hours before finally clearing up and having crystals drop out.
X

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 7/29/2014 3:10:47 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

This thread has been created due to the last thread of this nature being completely overrun and a continued spike in questions that are easily answerable just by reading the FAQ, wiki, major threads, etc. Doing the proper research and taking the time to actually read through the vast amount of well-indexed information are part and parcel of extracting and working with these plants and chemicals and have been major pieces of the Nexus backbone since time immemorial (or at least since its creation).

Any thread that a moderator deems to be easily answerable by using the FAQ/Wiki or doing basic research will be moved to this thread. If your thread winds up here, please take the time to do some research on the subject matter presented in your post. If after doing that research questions still remain, feel free to ask, but please take the time to do the research.

NOTE: If you find that your posts are repeatedly being moved to this thread, it is highly recommended that you take the time to read through the FAQ and other major Wiki articles as well as the stickied threads relevant to your questions before you continue to post.

Thanks Smile
Wiki ā€¢ Attitude ā€¢ FAQ
The Nexian ā€¢ Nexus Research ā€¢ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבו×Ø

Entheogenerator
#11 Posted : 7/29/2014 11:44:08 PM

Homo discens

Bumping this thread because it is a great idea! Snozz, I can't tell you how much I value your presence on this forum and all of your efforts to make it run smoothly! Love
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page ā‹ Health & Safety ā‹ FAQ ā‹ Known Substance Interactions ā‹ Extraction Teks ā‹ The Machine

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 7/30/2014 8:27:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
Bumping this thread

..it's a sticky Very happy
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ęع

Du57mi73
#13 Posted : 7/30/2014 10:50:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What the difference in this and the 'For FAQ's Sake...' thread?
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 7/31/2014 12:34:08 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Du57mi73 wrote:
What the difference in this and the 'For FAQ's Sake...' thread?

This is simply the new incarnation of that thread. As the thread had reached 30 pages, the mod team felt like the posts explaining why the thread existed might have been overlooked by people who had their posts moved there. In an attempt to rectify that and preserver the old posts, a new thread was created.

The old one will be unstickied within the next several weeks and the new one will be used going forward to ensure that moved posts don't predate the OP.

Smile

And thanks for the kind words Love
Wiki ā€¢ Attitude ā€¢ FAQ
The Nexian ā€¢ Nexus Research ā€¢ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבו×Ø

Du57mi73
#15 Posted : 7/31/2014 12:37:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah. Smart thinking.

As you said, the site is conveniently indexed, but I highly doubt one would ever cruise through 30 pages for a question that may or may not be answered in there.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

brainforest
#16 Posted : 8/6/2014 5:40:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings mortals,

If Naptha is not easily available, does anyone have a list of other acceptable solvents?

Thanks
"Better safe than sectioned."

nexusdisciple
#17 Posted : 8/6/2014 6:21:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Heptane, hexane, d-limonene, xylene. Some people have even worked with vegetable oils I believe. If you look around the site you will find people working with all different types of solvents.

It is also possible naphtha is more available than you believe, some people use Ronsonol and Zippo lighter fluids. If you choose to go this route make sure you do an evaporation test and ideally find the MSDS for the solvent in question.

brainforest
#18 Posted : 8/6/2014 6:38:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks,
"Better safe than sectioned."

oversoul1919
#19 Posted : 8/8/2014 11:53:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something popped in my mind, I know that short duration of DMT is because of rapid action of MAO. But, I'm curios if MAOI is able to extent duration of vaped DMT, by prolonging DMT breakdown. Would this work? Did anyone try this? If it works, how much longer trips are?

Thanks in advance.

Peace and love.

Cognitive Heart
#20 Posted : 8/8/2014 1:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oversoul1919 wrote:
Something popped in my mind, I know that short duration of DMT is because of rapid action of MAO. But, I'm curios if MAOI is able to extent duration of vaped DMT, by prolonging DMT breakdown. Would this work? Did anyone try this? If it works, how much longer trips are? Thanks in advance.Peace and love.

Read the main points of the thread.. do your research thoroughly. Found this just by searching 'MAOI DMT', simple as that. Smile

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=526651#post526651
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

123NEXT»