We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly) Options

Earthwalker
#61 Posted : 10/16/2014 1:12:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
Shocked ...was that the kerosine batch?

No Razz that was the one beforehand Big grin , I wanted to show this crystals because it wasn't the usual fluff I normally get from the Taiwanese acacia , these crystals were thick hard and crunchy almost like suger or cooking salt Thumbs up which was surprising as this batch was from Hawaiian confusa , they differed in such a way I'm going to do a side by side test next week !

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

oversoul1919
#62 Posted : 10/16/2014 4:17:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome. I have an update too. Smile

Edit: final yield - 700mg. Not that great for ACRB, but as a noob, I'm very happy. This is just the beginning. ^.^

(Sorry for large images, I don't know how to scale them down as you folks do). ):
oversoul1919 attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,539kb) downloaded 1,569 time(s).
image.jpg (1,058kb) downloaded 1,548 time(s).

Earthwalker
#63 Posted : 10/17/2014 6:18:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool oversoul1919 , that's not a bad yield at all , it's not yellow at all really from the looks of the naps above ( maybe cool the soup down alittle more ) , also a round dish is a whole lot easier to scrap then a jar or a dish with those pesky corners , but well done mate !Thumbs up

oversoul1919
#64 Posted : 10/17/2014 4:23:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Cool oversoul1919 , that's not a bad yield at all , it's not yellow at all really from the looks of the naps above ( maybe cool the soup down alittle more ) , also a round dish is a whole lot easier to scrap then a jar or a dish with those pesky corners , but well done mate !Thumbs up

Thanks, I've managed to scrap it nicely, and I'll get Pyrex dish especially for spice. Also, next month I'll do an extraction with Taiwanese ACRB (this one was Hawaian and as I can see, there's difference).

And thank you for sharing this awesome extraction method with us, EW. Whoever can't get MHRB, or just want to extract from ACRB due to other reasons, should be thankful.

Peace and love. Thumbs up

primordium
#65 Posted : 10/23/2014 12:07:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where can I find a 2 liter glass bottle with a narrow top?
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

Earthwalker
#66 Posted : 10/23/2014 8:42:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

primordium wrote:
Where can I find a 2 liter glass bottle with a narrow top?

Have a look at juice bottles , large imported beer bottles or vinegar bottles ! They don't have to be empty to begin with ! Thumbs up

Earthwalker
#67 Posted : 10/23/2014 8:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also if you are in a place you can easily get a cheap supply of shellite or naphtha , after the MiniAB just let the precipe dish evaporate without freezing ! These are crystals that grew after a hot day were I am it took around 3hours to evap

oversoul1919
#68 Posted : 10/23/2014 5:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice, but yield seems nowhere near freeze/precip. Is it true, or is it an illusion?

Earthwalker
#69 Posted : 10/24/2014 9:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oversoul1919 wrote:
Nice, but yield seems nowhere near freeze/precip. Is it true, or is it an illusion?

No it's the same yeild , it looks very deceiving , there's two differences I've noticed when doing a freeze precipe IME I use to put my dish strait in the freezer after pulling and pre-evaporating so I wouldn't go about cooling it down slowly , so the dmt would crash out faster and the molecules don't seem to join up so you end up with a very light , fine white fluffy product !

Then if you let the nps cool and evaperate without the use of a fan I find the molecules seem to colect together in smaller pools and they seem to grow together insize and they are forming very thick and almost clear they almost look like shards of glass and are extremely heavy for the size ! So you are getting the same yeild as it would weigh the same as the fluff ! That is my Experiance anyway Thumbs up

boogerz
#70 Posted : 11/4/2014 8:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey nice job EW

Quick question. In step 5 are we supposed to be pulling that thin suspended white layer sitting right below the non polar solvent?

Thank you

Earthwalker
#71 Posted : 11/5/2014 1:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

boogerz wrote:
Hey nice job EW

Quick question. In step 5 are we supposed to be pulling that thin suspended white layer sitting right below the non polar solvent?

Thank you

No ,, but as you mix the nps more n more thoroughly you'll notice it does get thinner , it does contain dmt that crash out strt away but it also seems very fatty aswell although im not sure where the fats come from ! Although I'm sure it's proberly just small amounts of fats that do get through the defat !! Thumbs up

ChemicalEnthusiast
#72 Posted : 11/5/2014 4:16:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EW, why don't you do a sodium carb wash? I've always been scared to not do a sodium carb wash (for fear that lye is in the product). I'm wondering if your extremely high yields could be due to a little lye in there. Probably not, but just an observation.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#73 Posted : 11/5/2014 4:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, does the freeze thaw step really improve the yield? I am doing the extraction with 2 kilos and I don't want to waste the time (basically 3 full days) if it isn't going to improve the yield.

Earthwalker
#74 Posted : 11/6/2014 3:58:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ChemicalEnthusiast wrote:
Also, does the freeze thaw step really improve the yield? I am doing the extraction with 2 kilos and I don't want to waste the time (basically 3 full days) if it isn't going to improve the yield.

As said before I don't do the freeze thaws as I only do 100g batches ,, if I was to do a huge commercial extract which I hope you're notWut? , the freeze thaws will aid greatly , also I don't do the washes as there's no lye in my product !! Good luck with you're extraction I only hope it's quality bark !!Thumbs up

Al-Wasi
#75 Posted : 11/6/2014 4:25:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible for the DMT to settle or fall out of the acidic solution? I let it set overnight outside as its pretty chilly right. Now and I woke up this morning and st the bottom of the bottle there is a layer of white stuff that looks like DMT?
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

ChemicalEnthusiast
#76 Posted : 11/7/2014 8:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
If I was to do a huge commercial extract which I hope you're notWut? , the freeze thaws will aid greatly , also I don't do the washes as there's no lye in my product !! Good luck with you're extraction I only hope it's quality bark !!Thumbs up

It's not a commercial extract, I understand how everyone on this forum feels about the sale of DMT and I completely agree!! It's just me and about 10 other very close friends that want to throw down together to get a bulk price for the bark and it just seems logical to do one or two large extractions instead of everyone doing 10 small ones.

Thanks for the advice! I will report back!

ChemicalEnthusiast
#77 Posted : 11/7/2014 8:50:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Al-Wasi wrote:
Is it possible for the DMT to settle or fall out of the acidic solution? I let it set overnight outside as its pretty chilly right. Now and I woke up this morning and st the bottom of the bottle there is a layer of white stuff that looks like DMT?

If the solution was super saturated then the DMT will come out of solution when the temperature drops. It all depends on the solubility of the DMT salt at that temperature.

I assume this is the acidic solution after the defat step? Not the original acidic solution.

It could also be tiny particles that were suspended in the solution that eventually settled to the bottom.

Earthwalker
#78 Posted : 11/8/2014 10:29:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al-Wasi wrote:

IME I've never had this happen to me as I will and advise on the OP that all pulls should be done back to back !!

But you're not the only one that nhad this happen !! Sorry I'm of no use to you !!

Alls I can advise you of doing is try to in some way get it out manually !! Smile

ChemicalEnthusiast
#79 Posted : 11/12/2014 5:23:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BenNice wrote:
2.5%, it would have been a full 3% had I not dropped a tiny bit and if I could get every little bit out of the corners of my glassware, regardless I'm quite happy with the results, but also puzzled as this ACRB gave little to no goo and all pure snow white xtal without any defat whatsoever. Has anyone ever heard of this? Did I just get lucky with some good bark finally?

The only difference was the oddly shaped container that I used (last picture) but I highly doubt that would make such a huge difference, my guess is good bark.

either way <3

I have never seen such a high yield with ACRB. I can almost guarantee that there is some sort of contaminant (possibly lye which would be no good! or possibly NaCl). If I was you I would redissolve what you have in your NPS and do a soidum carbonate wash to pull out any extra lye. I do a sodium carbonate was no matter what. You should lose very little DMT but you will pull any residual lye out.

If you want to go the extra mile just to be safe you could redissolve what you have in your NPS, do a mini A/B, AND do a sodium carbonate wash at the end. This will almost guarantee that all you have is alkaloids (mostly DMT).

Good luck and please report back with what you end up doing.

Inner Paths
#80 Posted : 11/13/2014 1:32:16 AM

Secretary of the Interior

This might seem like a stupid question but I'm getting hold of some ACRB from within my own country (Australia) and supplies will be limited so I don't want to make a mistake and waste precious root bark.

If I was to do this tek on 50 grams of material instead of 100 grams, is it fine to just halve the amount of materials needed in the original tek to get the same results?

Cheers Earthwalker for your contributions to this field of study!
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

«PREV23456NEXT»