We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this smokable? Please help! Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 7/21/2009 6:35:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM made the extraction from the 2nd post in the bufotenine extraction thread and SWIM got...uh?...something.
...the precipitation turned into an orange blob so the acetone was poured out, goo was dried mixed with
sodium carbonate,wetted, dried, dissolved in acteone til clear then finally evaporated and put in oven for 2hrs in 300f to
become this.
Is this what it should look like? What do SWIM smoke, the liquid or the solid?
If it's a waste, any idea how to fix it?
Tried a small sample of the goo in a "CRACKed pipe" (it has a crack in it) and there were psychoactivity.

Thank you for your time=)
imPsimon attached the following image(s):
IMG_5255.JPG (2,933kb) downloaded 204 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MagikVenom
#2 Posted : 7/21/2009 6:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I would not smoke something that looked like that. Not sure of your tek though if you could post the tek and more details someone may be able to assist you

Good Luck

MV

imPsimon
#3 Posted : 7/21/2009 6:57:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's posted by 69Ron in the "bufotenine extraction" page

Acetone Citrate Bufotenine Precipitation Tech

* Coarsely grind 100 grams of Vilca seeds.
* Add 1 part pickling lime (calcium hydroxide) and mix in enough water to make it wet. NOTE: sodium carbonate works as a substitute for lime in all steps of this extraction tech.
* Mix for about 10 minutes and let it dry completely. There must not be any water present at all before going to the next step.
* Dissolve the mix in 500 ml of dry acetone. Filter out the solids. Repeat with more acetone until the acetone is nearly clear.
* Evaporate the acetone down to about 100 ml.
* Add 10% citric acid solution to the acetone until no more precipitation is seen. It will take about 30 ml of 10% citric acid solution for 100 grams of seeds. NOTE: to make the citric acid solution, dissolve 10 grams of citric acid in 100 ml of dry acetone. I will take a while for the citric acid to dissolve in the acetone, so prepare this solution several hours ahead of time.
* Carefully pour out the acetone leaving behind the precipitates. Discard the acetone.
* Dry the precipitates completely leaving crude bufotenine citrate and other junk. Bufotenine citrate is a goo and not very active. You don’t want it in this form.
* Slowly mix in lime until the goo becomes a dry powder. Then add water to make the mix wet and mix for about 10 minutes and let the mix dry completely. There must not be any water present at all before going to the next step.
* Grind the mix to a powder. Dissolve in 100 ml acetone and filter out the solids. Repeat with more acetone until the acetone is nearly clear.
* Evaporate the collected acetone to get nearly pure freebase bufotenine.

How is it supposed to look like after that tek? Cant figure out what went wrong...
A thing SWIM knows he made differently was peeling all the 100g seeds by first soaking them in cold water.
Makes them very easy to peel. Would that ruin the seeds?

Garulfo
#4 Posted : 7/22/2009 12:56:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look likes what SWIM already got from the same tek. Smokeable but harsh and probably a mix of stuff and not only bufo.
You may try the d-limonene boil tek on it to get a harder material but that would seriously reduce your yield.

Quote:
Makes them very easy to peel. Would that ruin the seeds?

No, certainly not.

imPsimon
#5 Posted : 7/22/2009 5:08:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok thanks for the info=)
I would really like to try the d-limonene but it is impossible to get in Norway (Europe). Been mailing all kind of companies but no success so far.
The "Green Terpene" (I think thats the name) said they were thinking about going international=)...thats the best I could find.
But the world is getting greener and more and more people are starting to get consious about there impact on nature so I think it's not that far away from europe.
...I need to run to work now. Thanks! =)

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:04:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

can you get oranges?

there great and you can extract orange oil from the skins and be a show off at the nexus with you revolutionary new tek.

it would be real easy to do

Garulfo
#7 Posted : 7/22/2009 1:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

impSimson,

Look for orange essential oil. It is available everywhere as a indoor perfume. You can find it at natural product stores, or "make your own soap/health skin care creams" stores (don't know the english word).

imPsimon
#8 Posted : 7/22/2009 2:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...orange-squeezing bufotenine tek sounds a bit tricky. I just hates it when the orange attacks my eyes...maybe I'll try some apples...revolution!
Orange essential oil sounds more my cup of tee...gonna take a stroll into town tomorrow and see what I can find=)
There seems to be lots of it on ebay as well, do anybody now of a good brand?
Is it basically the same as pure d-limonene or are there any extraction differences like with heating or so?

Garulfo
#9 Posted : 7/22/2009 3:42:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Is it basically the same as pure d-limonene

It is usually 90% d-limonene. Not the best for getting pure bufo, but better than nothing to improve your nasty extract Pleased

WSaged
#10 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:48:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
can you get oranges?

there great and you can extract orange oil from the skins and be a show off at the nexus with you revolutionary new tek.

it would be real easy to do

You'll need about a grove's worth of oranges & an industrial "squeezer" to express the oil out of the peels.
Then you'll need to distill it until you've got a clear solvent, that should be easy enough.
Oh, & a lot of time to do it!

That should get you enough dirty Limonene to do a small extraction tek.Wink

Or you could keep looking for a supplier who does this in an industrial setting already & makes it 95-99% pure.

A lot of D-Limonene is made from byproducts from the orange industry. It comes from the oil in the peel & takes some serious pressure to get it out of there & a ton of peels to get a usable amount. Go try to squeeze some Limonene from an orange peel without a serious press of some kind. If you get any from one peel, it'll only be a drop or two.

The peels from all of the oranges used to make millions of products that use them, used to just be thrown away.
Now they are put to good use, by getting tons of them together & expressing the essential oils from the peels, then distilling it to get out all the impurities, etc... to eventually get D-Limonene.
Or something like that....

So anyway, it's really not that easy just because it's orange oil & oranges are easy to come by.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

MagikVenom
#11 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:50:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand it stings the eyes Laughing

so does acetone lye naphtha I dont think apples are good for much but keeping the Dr away

Best wishes and Good luck interesting to see how you make out

MV

WSaged
#12 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:55:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
I dont think apples are good for much but keeping the Dr away

Laughing Laughing HAHAHA!!Laughing Laughing

NICE!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!