We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
new member Options

jerkjake
#1 Posted : 7/27/2014 4:23:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello evryone.
my name is jake.
im from sacramento.
i would like to know where i post a question about my first extraction.
a problem im haing actually.

thank you

-jake

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Du57mi73
#2 Posted : 7/27/2014 5:02:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should have posted this thread in the Introduction Essay section. And post your actual question in this section.

Ask away. Smile
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

jerkjake
#3 Posted : 7/27/2014 8:45:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry bout that.
and thank you.

first off, i have learned sooo much since the interest started to extract from MHRB.
i dont know anyone that has any knowledge on the subject of this forum as of extractions and the process.
everything has been research along with trial and error. along with common sense, patience, and the education hat i do have in Chemistry, General Science, and Math.
it has been a very gratifying journey on so many levels.
i am very thankful for this site and all it has offered(especially the forum and all of you whom have donated your time,
experience, and assistance, in words)

ok, why i am here…

here is the Tek i followed.
http://www.ayahuasca-rec...mimosa-hostilis-rootbark

i adjusted for a 550 grm scenario.

only instead of doing a bunch of pulls in a small amount of time, i let the mixture sit for 5 days.
on the last day i mixed too fast and for too long. so the seperation was no longer present.
after some more research, i put on the electric stove inside of another pot full of water at the temp of roughly 117.
along with a vibrating egg inside the pot i left it for about an hour. over time slowly turning the temp down.

after this whole process it remained the same.
the following day, ay 6, i added more naphtha. at a later time more of the water/sodium-hydro mixture.

then, it was all good.
so i extracted.

let it evaporate down to 25% naphtha with a fan 4 feet away and paper towel covering the dish.
(1.5 days)

i wanted to do the next step where you put it in the freezer, but i kept reading where it stinks everything up, so, i couldnt really use a large pyrex pan, due to not having a lid.
so i put the remainder what i pulled into a 4 by 4 dish that was about 2" tall, because i had a lid. only it was a rubber lid.

the next morning, i took the dish out to find that most the naphtha had evaporated/disapeared.

i set the dish in front of the fan again for 24 hrs. (now day 7)

and what i ended up with is what is in the picture.

its yellow, and scrapes like a melted crayon. sticks to the razor blade, and the worse thing….
AMAZING body effects but no breakthrough. at all.

what do i do?

(please forgive my ignorance on the subject and or not correct wording and or vague description)

jerkjake attached the following image(s):
CAM00266.jpg (1,612kb) downloaded 207 time(s).

jerkjake
#4 Posted : 7/27/2014 8:51:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this was after scrapping it up

Infectedstyle
#5 Posted : 7/27/2014 9:11:30 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

I think I heared it say that if you evaporate Naphta under a fan dryer for longer periods of time that you end up with mostly DMT-N-Oxide which is less potent. I'm not sure if you can convert this if this is the case. Although I am not sure if I am in any position to tell.

jerkjake
#6 Posted : 7/27/2014 9:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

true i saw the same thing.
to avoid this, placed the fan 4 feet away along with 2 paper towels over the glass.

my only guess is that it got too hot when i heated it?

do i need to do the Zinc dust tek that i read about?

cyb
#7 Posted : 7/27/2014 9:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Infectedstyle wrote:
I think I heared it say that if you evaporate Naphta under a fan dryer for longer periods of time that you end up with mostly DMT-N-Oxide which is less potent. I'm not sure if you can convert this if this is the case. Although I am not sure if I am in any position to tell.

This Misinformation must stop....

There is little to NO N-Oxide in bark samples as has been shown by analysis.[endlessness]

Do not confuse NMT with N-Oxide...they are very different things.

Also the idea that fan drying for long periods causes N Oxide...is entirely untrue.!
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

jerkjake
#8 Posted : 7/27/2014 9:55:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

good to know

Poads
#9 Posted : 7/27/2014 1:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't the NMT content of MHRB very low? I thought NMT was only a major factor in ACRB. To me it just looks like slightly less than pure spice. Hence the yellow color. I suppose it could be cleaned up with recrystallization, but it should be fine to use from what I have seen and read.

To the OP, I would suggest reading up on proper vaporizing techniques (e.g. sandwich method, gvg) and/or possibly trying a higher dose. From what I gather, there are three possible causes from your failure to achieve a breakthrough:

1. Your MHRB itself is weak
2. Your vaping technique is poor
3. Your dose isn't high enough

Assuming your starting MHRB was legit and your extraction went fine (the stuff looks good to me), then that leaves your vaping technique and your dosage.

Again, please excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm no expert. That's just my diagnosis.

Good luck!
POADS is gone!

jerkjake
#10 Posted : 7/27/2014 1:57:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

even if not correct, your input is appreciated.

its the same vaping technique that has worked 1000 times before.(meth pipe on a bubbler, and or ash sandwich

my dose is enough to make 5 adult men enter a different demension for 5 days.

and my product was REMOVED (im assuming that 1)

i think its user error on extraction

Poads
#11 Posted : 7/27/2014 3:36:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you insist that your technique was good, then I'm thinking your MHRB was weak from the start. When an extraction goes bad, you either end up with nothing, a poor yield, or you end up with something dangerous. You obviously ended up with something that isn't dangerous since you've tried it without any serious health effects. Your yield looks satisfactory. Although you did stumble along the way and it is far from the cleanest extraction I have seen, the fact is, you ended up with what appears to be a successful extraction.

I've been there too. When I did my extractions with ACRB, I ended up with some very weak space. Mine was perfectly white in color, very pure, but it did not get me to where I needed to go. I'm not sure if it was because of the high NMT content in ACRB or if my batch was just lame, the point is, weak batches of plant material are out there.

I would suggest getting new MHRB from a different location. Unfortunately, it is against the Nexus rules for me to help you with that.

And just to be completely clear, from the tek you provided and the explanation you gave, it sounds like your extraction went fine. Yes, it was sloppy, but it should have gotten the job done.

I do believe that you could do a better job next time. It sounds like you could have used more lye. You do want to be careful when using lye, but there's really no such thing as using too much lye. It is much better to over-basify than to under-basify. I think that's why you had separation issues. Also letting it sit for 5 days is completely unnecessary. A few hours would have been perfectly fine. Again, I'm not an expert, but I have done several freebase extractions.

Anyway good luck on your future extractions.
POADS is gone!

jerkjake
#12 Posted : 7/27/2014 7:32:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats the thing though, it doesnt look anything like what i have came across many many times in the past.
you know when you sharpen a crayon, what the shavings look like? well, thats what i have. no chrystals.
and its yellow. not tinted. no, its yellow.

from all the research i have gathered, i believe its DMT N-Oxide.
the reason i think this is due to the heating step i took. i used a turkey/meat thermometer that wasnt digital.
during the process i was hugging 120 maybe 123 123. not sure due to not being digital.
you dont think that had something to do with it?

i know the mhrb wasnt the problem. the person that ended up with the remainder of what i had, had the results im used to. i cant go to them because i dont know them and/or they are a bit of a hater.

this morning i soaked it in some naphtha. its just looks like a bunch of soggy corn tortilla chips.
its not desolving.

i really fucked up huh?

jerkjake
#13 Posted : 7/27/2014 7:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

:

jerkjake
#14 Posted : 7/27/2014 11:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so i came across this in the Q&A

How to safely heat a solvent ?
With the solvent safely stored far away, boil some water with any method you want. Once water is boiled, turn off heat source, get the solvent, put it in a glass and submerge the bottom of the glass on a pot containing your recently boiled water. In some seconds/minutes your solvent should be warm and you can use it for recrystallizing or pulling. NEVER warm up solvents directly with a heat source,

thats exactly what i did. what i wasnt supposed to do.i put water in a big pot with a towel folded 3 times over(vibrating egg inside the towel) and the put my huge jar on top the towel. brought the heat up to 100 F and then turned up the heat a little more to about 116-120. and left it on for some 20 minutes and then gradually turned it off.

was this where i screwed up?

i

DansMaTete
#15 Posted : 7/28/2014 12:49:17 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

It doesn't disolve in (warm ?) naphta, strange.

You can try a mini A/B.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

jerkjake
#16 Posted : 7/28/2014 1:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how warm is warm? like room temp?

DansMaTete
#17 Posted : 7/28/2014 1:35:04 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

jerkjake wrote:
how warm is warm? like room temp?

~ 40°C
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

jerkjake
#18 Posted : 7/28/2014 2:14:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its stable after warming.

Van hatton
#19 Posted : 7/28/2014 2:27:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is the taste of your final product harsh?

jerkjake
#20 Posted : 7/28/2014 5:27:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes. and it stays lit(like coal) when i sandwich it. and will catch flame. then smolder. after all , what seems to be naphtha, is burned off, its not that harsh. every few times the body high is insane, but i dont step over to that side.
its also followed with the after effects of returning(the type of high where you cant/shouldnt drive, you know, the high.

i also forgot to mention, i did a second pull but this time used the 13" by 8" pyrex pan. so it had room to spread out.
then just put it in the dark with a soft fan.
there wernt exactly chrystals. it looked like tons of clear color wheels kinda like the color wheels that OSX uses to sifnify the computer needs time to do whatever it is doing…"hold please".

so i scraped it up, and this is what that pull looks like.
jerkjake attached the following image(s):
20140727_212246.jpg (1,573kb) downloaded 135 time(s).

12NEXT