We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Physical & Chemical properties of DMT Options

Fable
#1 Posted : 8/22/2007 5:21:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be really helpful to have a MSDS on DMT to outline all its chemical/physical properties. The reason I actually started this thread was to inquire if anyone knew the boiling point of spice. Apparently the melting point is about 48 Deg C which is also about the boiling point of naptha. What I am interested in is, if someone was to do a solvent recovery via distillation would any spice be lost if the temp was kept under the boiling point of water. Will it degrade quickly at that point? Obviously a vacuum distillation/recovery would be fairly fast and less heat required and the solvent could be re-used, and evaping in a dish for 2 days wouldn't be a issue. The chemical properties I have found have been somewhat limited in their information. Feel free to add to the following info. Formula C12H16N2 Mol. mass 188.269 g/mol Melt. point 47–49 °C (117–120 °F) pKa (natural pH) of DMT is 8.68
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Garulfo
#2 Posted : 8/23/2007 11:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

French wikipedia page add some infos : http://fr.wikipedia.org/.../Dim%C3%A9thyltryptamine Vap temp = 160 degree