We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time Iboga - to flood or not to flood? Options

awooga
#1 Posted : 7/23/2014 9:09:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

So I got out of the welcome forums and this clearly belong here - Ill go back and delete it where it was.

Anyway, I'm waiting eagerly for some Iboga Rootbark and wanted to get some opinions from those that have tried Papa Iboga.

I understand the root bark is much more severe on the system for flood dosages but works quite well for micro doses.

I'm quite a fan of micro dosing B Caapi and can definitely extend the afterglow of an Aya session with it.

For those in the know about Iboga -- how does micro-dosing compare to a flood dose for the introspective / psycho-spiritual and anti-addiction properties?

Bancopuma, your thread here is quite fantastic but has me wondering whether to do root bark micro doses or an extraction and attempt a TA flood.

For anyone else who has sampled Iboga Root Bark what positive effects can micro dosing have?

And on the other end of the scale what can't micro dosing do that a flood dose can?

There's the possibility I might be able to turn my 20g of root bark into TA and I'm willing and able to do that if the general consensus is that is what you think I should do.

Also something to keep in mind ... I'm healthy in my 30s and have dealt with terror in trips before (not too many thankfully) but my first Aya experience with Chaliponga and the time-loops made me feel like Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception when he was stuck in the deepest level of his consciousness for years. NB I was only feeling like the dose lasted about a week ... but you get the point.

Anyway, that time and subsequent Aya doses I have always done solo. I know Iboga solo is frowned upon ... but so is Aya. And I'm not saying I'll jump straight into a flood Iboga dose, my initial plan was to micro dose 1 gram of RB for a few days and see how I'm feeling.

If all is good I may extract TA from 6 or 7 grams --- which I believe would still be sub flood.

Does this sound at least reasonable if not exactly recommended?

My partner could be a sitter (albeit a novice sitter) if conditions require it. She was there for my first epic Aya dose in 2008 - the Chaliponga one (confession being I didn't realize that Chali is solo much stronger than Chacruna).

One final question if I may --- has anyone combined Iboga micro doses with anything else I have in my toolkit?

I have most of my favorite Aya mixtures and admixtures and I also have straight extracted spice as well as strong harmala changa - and lots of mushrooms. Could they be combined with micro / mini dose and produce flood effect? Or does Iboga like to work alone?

Ia there anyway of getting near a flood iboga space without ONLY using Iboga RB, TA or HCL?

Look forward to all your thoughts and input,

Peace and Light,

Awooga

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jox
#2 Posted : 7/23/2014 11:41:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi awooga,

For iboga(ine) questions you may look into this forum eboka.info

Me and my husband have worked extensively withs iboga(ine) and pharma of years, and would like to advise you of what we may know, but you made so many questions that I even know what your intention and goal may be.

Why don't you research some more and narrow down your questions.

Best
Jox

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 7/23/2014 12:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Awooga,

When it comes to flooding, I will only ever use TA, with a little dash of root bark in the side.

For microdosing, root bark is great. I would actually recommend you microdose some root bark prior to a flood, that way you can get a feel for iboga in your system before taking a deeper plunge, if you wish too. Doses from 50mg-1g of root bark can be used for microdosing, depending on preference, the effect is cumulative and if you listen to your body it will tell you when you've had enough. I've heard one can reach intense introspective, psycho-spiritual purposes I've heard you can get there eventually through microdosing over an extended period, I personally would rather do this in a flood dose content, but this is just my preference. You are highly unlikely to have deep visions when microdosing when compared to flooding, and the after glow after my first flood lasted months. I've microdosed for an extended period before and felt I got more solid and lasting benefit from flooding, and my personal preference I think is the latter. Again, this is just my experience.

I've flooded five times and microdosed in the past and can say I have never felt fear or terror through iboga. On the contrary I find it very numbing and calming in that respect. DMT on the other hand has certainly induced states of terror in the past. Iboga seems to have this quite scary reputation which it perhaps doesn’t deserve, although it certainly deserves respect. Individual sensitivities do seem to vary markedly also, this is isn't a one-dose-fits-all kinda plant. You may be surprised as to the parallels it has with caapi in some respects, minus the DMT/chaliponga component.

I had some unpleasant tanglings with an iboga "provider" in the past, that on the second time charged extortionate prices for his "services" and his care consisted of babbling on about conspiracy theories of one kind or another for much of the time. If anything, his presence detracted from the experience. So while a healer or medical practitioner may be best, I haven't used one and I have been fine and got a lot out of the experiences. Again, this is just my experience, I'm not say this should apply to you. Definitely do your research before hand, there is no rush, as Jox says, the Eboka forums are a great resource, and yes a sitter is essential, someone to call in case of issues, likely they won't be needed but they can assist with helping you to the toilet or cleaning out your purge bucket.

Iboga can be combined in microdoses with other things, I would spend some time researching this before hand before experimenting with this though, and get a decent amount of experience with iboga alone prior to this, there are some relevant threads on here and on Eboka forums and proceed with caution if you intend to do this. Some people reported interesting experiences with microdoses of caapi and iboga, and I've had interesting experiences combining microdoses with mushrooms and cannabis (a traditional combination used in Africa).

poonja
#4 Posted : 7/23/2014 2:06:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have also had a positive reaction to microdosing (300 mg enhanced root bark) with harmala infused cannabis. I am not sure that I would be a good candidate for a flood as I do have coronary artery disease (no heart damage fortunately) and have 2 stents. Also I am 67 years old. My experience has been mild stimulation, mood elevation and enhanced feeling of being grounded.

awooga
#5 Posted : 7/23/2014 5:46:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much. This is great info -- I've already signed up on Eboka.info so will certainly do more research on there before dosing. I definitely intend on doing it -- the choice is between flood and micro dosing to begin with.
And if I were to do TA it would be a home extraction.

Very interested in what you said Bancopuma about the combos - this I will definitely look into. A micro dose from a mushroom plateau would certainly be interesting especially if it heightens the effects of the iboga.

I'm doing some strong Aya micro dosing sans admixtures at the moment in preparation.

Also glad to hear you have done this without a healer present -- this is the way I am most likely to proceed. I fully respect the strength and power of the plant but I know I will be ok ... and I'll have my partner in a nearby room should I need her in an emergency.

Jox - would like to hear your thoughts so will move over and introduce myself at Eboka.info and hopefully I can ask some more precise questions.

Intentions are two-fold --- to experience the power and the spirit of Iboga while also hoping to do with lingering recreational / habitual use of certain opiates

Thanks again all.

This was my first post out of the nursery ...

Much love to all

Awooga

Jox
#6 Posted : 7/24/2014 3:07:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi awooga,

Actually I am not part of eboka.info forum anymore. The reason is that new moderators (at the time) were giving erroneous information, contradicting eboka's own guidelines of administration, especially for full flood. When I left the forum I stated my reasons, so I am not talking behind their backs. That said, their stickies are good start, but the advise should be taken with caution. Bancopuma, I know you are part of that forum and I hope you are not taking it as offence.

Awooga, I think it may not be enough 20g of RB for extraction, if I remember the numbers from top of my head, it is 5% of active alkaloids, if you have 20g it will be around 1g after extraction. Since you want to do full flood, and I do recommend it to everybody, the calculation is 12 mg or 15 mg of Ibogaine X 1kg of body weight. So depends on your weight how much you need. It is good to have extra after the flood, to do micro dosing, or boost it in another way,

So I may suggest to get more of root bark, I know it takes time, but is better to have more than less.

I did extractions too, and it is not too difficult, I like the one here by rOm, but we can talk more about it when you are ready.

Best
Jox

awooga
#7 Posted : 7/24/2014 10:53:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Jox - I thought that might be the case with the amount of Root Bark I've ordered and the TA extraction.

Seems like people use a lot less Root Bark to get a full flood though so there must be some degree of wastage in the extraction teks? Or some of the unwanted material adds certain alkaloids to an RB flood that aren't present in TA material.

Either way, doesn't seem like many people like to flood on Root Bark at all ... have you ever? Thats what the Bwiti do right? Seems surprising more people don't do the traditional route -- I always felt with Ayahuasca that the purge was a very important part of the experience.

Anyway, I'm pretty much thinking I've got no reason to rush into any flood and will happily do some micro dosing as it sounds more effective than B Caapi micro dosing - and seems to be some interesting possibilities with combining a mushroom and iboga dose, although I've read negative reports on that.

I want to get a feel for it and micro dosing sounds like the way to do that --- for one I read it effects the kappa opiod receptor (which is the receptor Salvia Divinorum tickles I believe) And I hate that stuff ... anything salvia-like for 36 hours would be my idea of hell.

Jox
#8 Posted : 7/25/2014 3:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awooga hi,

In a nutshell ,

You can't do full flood with the bark.

Biwiti is not traditional use, it is by bush people used in a traditional way.

Micro dosing is great, but it is totally different from full flood.

If you do medium trip on bark it could be very frightening, when in full flood you are totally in different space that it is not emotional, so pretty safe in that way, I wouldn't go that route,,either or.

Nothing is wasted in extraction, there is a long video for extraction, I will link it when I find it.

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 7/25/2014 3:50:08 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Jox wrote:
Since you want to do full flood, and I do recommend it to everybody, the calculation is 12 g or 15g of Ibogaine X 1kg of body weight.

Stop

I believe you mean mg/kg...NOT g/kg.

And, afaik a flood dose is possible with root bark (and has been reported by numerous people).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Jox
#10 Posted : 7/25/2014 10:15:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mistake corrected.