We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hashish #5 trip Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 7/22/2014 10:17:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

my neighbour wants to recompensate me for administering him pharma by introducing me to oral hashish in very high dose.

I liked that his setting is exactly the way I do pharma, Ibogaine and mushrooms: -dark room, some music, no talking or interactions, etc. However, the set is 4 g of hashish in butter! I must admit I am chicken out.

He told me that if I had psychedelic trip recently it can bring it back, the trip itself will last more than 12 hours!!!

I am curious, I never even heard or thought it could be done in this way. Since it is hindu plant and I am in Nepal now, I would like to see what it is about, and working in high numbers is probably very different than taking few puffs at night, which is my only knowledge of the plant, and very limited one.

What worries me that there is not much info about this approach. He told me in Poland and in Amsterdam it is common way of use. But he fails to explain what is the experience about, he told me that the brain "thinks" very much and conceptualise a lot. I guess very introspective. Not sure if I understand what he means.

Does anybody work with hashish in this way? What should I know before I even decide to do it? Is it beneficial in any way?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreaMTripper
#2 Posted : 7/22/2014 12:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A gram of mid grade 'squidgy' black hash used to do me in so I imagine having that much in my case would lead to a short period of deep introspection and bizzare imagery before falling asleep for many hours.
How long do you stay in Nepal for ? Are yoi on the way to mt everest? Would love to sample some native templeball myself sometime!

pitubo
#3 Posted : 7/22/2014 2:00:17 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I think you will become very relaxed and immobilized and feel dreamy with a continuous stream of associative thoughts. With 4 grams of good Nepali hashish, you will probably have some visuals, though not as spectacular as the visuals from tryptamines, by far.

I'd say it is a low-risk endeavour, especially if you are a seasoned tripper. In addition, the indica hashish is much more relaxing than the very intense skunk that has come to dominate the western markets.

steppa
#4 Posted : 7/22/2014 3:32:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say, go for it. You may experience why canabis is called a psychedelic.

Quote:
Does anybody work with hashish in this way?

Once we made muffins. 18g Hash on twelve Muffins. I'm pretty sure the hash wasn't as good as yours will be. But I ate about 4 and a half of those muffins, which would equal about 6,5g of hash.

And that defenitly was an intense psychedelic trip. Uncomparable to what one would experience when one takes a few tokes from a joint...or two joints...or three. No matter how much I smoked, it never got me that high.

Another time we made Bangh Lassi...with 14g of high grade mary jane, which was consumed entirely by three people.

First we were still able to play a card game. After one or two hours, we basically just sat there. Without being able to do much, not even talking...for 3 hours or so. Then we could move again. But we all liked it.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Purges
#5 Posted : 7/22/2014 8:15:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Twice I have done this sort of quantity orally. The first time, I made some brownies with over 1/2 oz hash. I ate about half of them and had a very deep experience that wasn't fully over for two days. I woke up the day after dosing still high as a kite, and in my daze mistakenly ate another brownie Confused Drool I don't remember much of it because it was a long time ago, but you don't forget that sort of intensity quickly.

The second time I put 7-10g of herb that had been through my vaporizer in some milk with a little butter and drank the lot, foolishly thinking it wouldn't have many actives left in it. It was INCREDIBLY intense, more so than many 'true' psychedelics. Body load off the charts, but not unpleasant. I had visions of 3d objects passing through my body. It was very tactile also and my body was completely immobilised. Your whole body gets very tingly but also a bit numb to outside sensation. I wanted to sleep it off, but it was so strong that there was no way I could until maybe 3-4n hours later.

High dose oral cannabis is a powerful substance, you may have visions, you may experience time dilation to quite a large degree, you may think at points that you are losing your mind. For these reasons, I think it may be valuable to an experienced explorer to have under their belt. It can be very challenging. There is ime a marked difference between 200-500mg puffed at a leisurely pace over an evening and 1/4 oz eaten in one go. I don't think many casual cannabis users would like it though, my partner is not a fan of oral cannabis for instance.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 7/22/2014 8:52:31 PM

Homo discens

It is my understanding that high-dose oral cannabis used to be a relatively common method of ingestion, much more so than it is today at least. Fitz Hugh Ludlow's book The Hasheesh Eater describes his experiences with taking high-dose oral cannabis extracts in the 1800's.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Jox
#7 Posted : 7/24/2014 3:19:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for the responses,

I am more encouraged now, 4 g doesn't seem to be as much as I thought.

I will post how it went.

@ DreaMTripper

I am not this type of hiker to go to Mt. Everest. I wanted to do Anapurna range, but it is not done in the rain season. I wanted to do Mustang trip, but that too ended up being much more expensive than I thought. So I am just hanging out in Kathmandu, I enjoy it a lot, comparing to India that drained me this time. I will write my real trip experience.

jamie
#8 Posted : 7/24/2014 3:32:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah and it can be as powerful as other traditional medicines. Approach it with care.
Long live the unwoke.

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 7/25/2014 5:36:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think people vary greatly in their responses to oral hashish- I've seen some people veritably lobotomised on a 'mere' 1.75g. I once at 3.5g and that was properly psychedelic so for me, I would need to prepare myself for a 4g mission if I was to go for it. Probably not though, these days.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Jox
#10 Posted : 7/25/2014 6:39:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Corpus callosum,

In which way you would prepare yourself?

Why would you not do it now?

Or in other words what do you see as problematic.

Thanx
Jox

corpus callosum
#11 Posted : 7/25/2014 1:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Jox wrote:
Corpus callosum,

In which way you would prepare yourself?

Why would you not do it now?

Or in other words what do you see as problematic.

Thanx
Jox

By preparation, I would need to take an honest inventory of where my head is at in the same way I would for a dose of LSD or other long-acting 'proper' psychedelic.Mind-set and setting etc.

I find that as I get older my stamina for the longer missions is lessened.4g of hash orally would IMO be a longer mission and with a more profound physical effect than say LSD/psilocybin etc.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.