We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
wild morning glories LSA content? Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 7/20/2009 11:07:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

..also known as hedge bindweed(convolvulus sepium)..It grows everywhere here. I collected a small handful of seed pods earlier this morning, came home and cant find anything at all on the LSA content of these seeds. I am preaty sure that they are sepium..unless another convolvulus species has naturalised on the west coast of British Columbia..

The roots and stems were apparently used orally in europe as a laxative and pergative..so I guess at least those parts are safe in small ammounts..

It looks just like the pics I see of rivea corymbosa, which is a convolvulus as well..I did read one report a while back about sepium on the shroomery that stated it wa 1/2 to 1/3 the potency of the ipomea(which one I dont know)..but I cant find it now..

I have some heavenly blues already, so I am not worried about yield from these other wild seeds, but they are everywhere..prob keep collecting more and do some more research..seems like noone has really looked at them(or have but never actually tried them)
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 7/20/2009 11:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

This was taken from the shroomery..

Bindweed seeds actually have some LSA in them too, but only about 1/3 to 1/2 the LSA of the domesticated Morning Glory. Farmers hate both of them, for their vines can choke off other plants. BTW, they are related to the sweet potatos, but they are not related to the nightshade type potatos

..from this thread..

http://www.shroomery.org...mber=5449221&fpart=1

Doesn't really help much though, without any other links to where the LSA content of sepium is published..
Long live the unwoke.

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 7/21/2009 9:28:15 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This is definitly interesting, also since that plant grows abundantly where I life.

Even if the LSA content it weak, an extraction might work if no other toxic content is extracted besides the LSA.

jamie
#4 Posted : 7/21/2009 5:42:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the plant does seem to have quite a history of use in folk healing...taken in moderate doses the leaves, stems and roots all seem to have medicinal value..I think there is some evidence that you should not take it continuousily for days in high doses or you could run into trouble..

Still cant find anything conclusive about the seed content, or anything about use of the seeds, other than they are poisononous...and that dialated pupils is one of the side effectsConfused ..
Long live the unwoke.

neuro_rocket
#5 Posted : 7/22/2009 5:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM wonders if the pink ones would have different concentrations then the white ones (both grow everywhere around him).
Maybe he'll check it out when they start seeding.
I'm mad as a hatter and a compulsive liar.
Nothing I say is true or should be mistaken for the truth.

neuro_rocket
#6 Posted : 7/23/2009 2:50:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also spotted this at edot (http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-20290.html) that says the wild morning glories contain hygrine, an alkaloid related to cocaine.
I'm mad as a hatter and a compulsive liar.
Nothing I say is true or should be mistaken for the truth.

jamie
#7 Posted : 7/24/2009 10:40:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes I did come across that the other day as well..seems it has euphoric and stimulant properties, but dont know how safe it is, and it is found along side cocaine in the coca plant..gunna do some more research later on hygrine and the medical applications of this plant..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#8 Posted : 9/25/2011 4:58:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to bring back on old thread..but I have been thinking about this stuff again. It is literally everywhere..I even used the wild plants comming up ouside our appartment in our garden to make a hedge with..the in the shroomery thread linked to it claims 1/2 - 1/3 the LSA content of the other ipomea strains that people use for LSA..

It seems like a good plant to use for LSA extraction due to the fact that it is soo invasive here..there is nowhere that you dont see the plant in the city here. Does anyone have any more info on it's total alkaloid content at all?
Long live the unwoke.