We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lemon Tek - Chance of 'over-dephosphorylation'? Options

Dimitrius
#1 Posted : 7/19/2014 9:15:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey All. It's been a while since I've been around.

Life changing moments abound over the past year.

Humboldt. Girls. Near death experiences & succumbing to the fact that I may not live. Flashes of hope. A woman of true compassion & character stepping into my life and saving it. A second chance to live. New Mexico. True love.....and onward we go.

I await to go to a hospital next month (I am chronically ill, 8 years and counting), and in this time, I have decided to work with the sacred medicines. To re-enter into my own life. To revamp the awareness I once had, but with the new wisdom I've garnered. I've decided to work with the mushrooms.

I have one concern...in the matters of preparation:

I've left my mushroom powder in the 50 or so ml of lemon/lime juice meant to dephosphorylate it, which I hadn't planned on being in there for more than 30 minutes, but when I became much too tired for this evening's journey, I had to leave it there in the fridge.

This has to be at the right moment...

My question: Do you think there is any chance of 'over'-dephosphorylation (even possible?) or degradation of the compounds that might make this undesirable within a few days?

Will the psilocin be preserved in it's completion from the dephosphorylation, or will there be a sludgy mess and/or some undesirable products from over-conversion/degradation?

I have more material to use if necessary, but would rather not if it's fine.

Thank you so much in advance. It's good to be a part of the forum again, even if I am only glancing through it from time to time. Tis' a good place.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

darklordsson
#2 Posted : 7/19/2014 9:39:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im sorry to hear of your illness, my prayers are with you, my friend.

I don't see the compounds breaking down within those few days when refrigerated. Use your best judgment that's all I can say. I have never had this happen before, but how I would go about a situation like yours is to make tea out of it, boil some water, and put the remaining in it let it simmer for 5 min then drink. But I really don't know, it's just my best guess.

Peace and best Wishes to You Dimitrius,

--dls--

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 7/19/2014 6:56:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, my plans were to let it sit in lemon/lime juice 20-30 minutes, then pour hot tea over and let sit for a few minutes. Then, filter and drink. Allowing enough time for conversion, and then extraction into the tea.

I'm going to put it in the freezer as per Jamie's advice.

Wondering if I should filter the mushrooms first, but I don't see why it wouldn't be okay in a few days....just filter the mush then, after the abovementioned tea - making process.

And thank you, DarkLord. It's been a harrowing one. But it's turning around.

I had burn until there were ashes (purify), in order to rise out of them (life transformation).
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

Dimitrius
#4 Posted : 7/19/2014 8:59:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's decided.

I followed through with the process of making the tea...pouring hot Fennel Tea over the lemon/lime/mushroom concentrate, waiting five minutes and then proceeding to filter. Afterwards, putting the mug into the freezer.

Will probably blend some apples and Vega Hydrator (lemon/lime flavored electrolyte blend, mmmmmm) with it, to make it a little more palatable.

This is to be 9+ grams, and with ayahuasca on top of it, if the need calls for it. Sublingual and mild.

I will be going deep with this one. A veritable heart & soul transformation. This my first one in a while, and my last one in a while, so going for it.

γ€Š{γ€Š{γ€Š{γ€Š{ β™‘ }》}》}》}》

benzyme
#5 Posted : 7/19/2014 11:51:04 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

there's a good chance dephosphorylation won't occur at all, until you gently heat it. putting lemon juice in it, then refrigerating it seems counterintuitive; slight heat would catalyze it.

extraction methods cited in papers (Casale 1985, specifically) call for 40C incubation, following acidification.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MelCat
#6 Posted : 7/20/2014 12:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My personal prefered method of using the lemon tek goes as follows:

1: Grind dried mushroom matter to a powder
2: Soak mushroom matter in ethanol for at least an hour, preferably a month in a freezer.
3: Filter mushroom matter, add more ethanol, soak and filter again.
4: Combine filtered ethanol pulls. They are usually amber in my experience.
5: Add fresh squeezed organic lemon juice, stir.
6: Add maraschino cherry juice, stir.
7: Consume and find a quiet place to chill.

It comes on within 5 minutes and continues to build until you peak.

The cherry juice removes the worst aspects of the ethanol and mushrooms. It really isn't bad.

No nausea, quick (almost aggressive) come up and gentle come down.

9g using this method would be advised against but if it's your only shot for awhile, I understand where you're coming from.

Good luck on your journey and Healing Vibes for your illness.

I hope you feel better soon Love
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Dimitrius
#7 Posted : 7/20/2014 8:55:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, that sounds great Mel, but I don't have a month. Have only a couple days, and only a couple weeks til' I move to Mexico.

Benzyme, I didn't realize heat was a necessary catalyst in dephosphorylation. I did add a hot tea to it for 5 minutes though. Would that not be good enough? If not, provided I extracted the compounds through a night of sitting in lemon/lime juice (in the fridge), plus a meager five minutes of soak time in tea (did I?), what duration would you suggest in a mild heat?

I should also mention, these are aborts that are 2 years old, and we're not refrigerated at any time, nor were their enzymes deactivated. So 9+g may or may not be that much. That, and I'm not afraid of entering into Buddhahood. [__/β—‹\__]

AcaciaConfusedYah
#8 Posted : 7/20/2014 3:33:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

9 grams of aborts! O man! Very happy Very happy Thumbs up
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 7/20/2014 9:46:22 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Dimitrius wrote:

Benzyme, I didn't realize heat was a necessary catalyst in dephosphorylation. I did add a hot tea to it for 5 minutes though. Would that not be good enough? If not, provided I extracted the compounds through a night of sitting in lemon/lime juice (in the fridge), plus a meager five minutes of soak time in tea (did I?), what duration would you suggest in a mild heat?

heat + acid.
if one were to draw an equation for dephosphorylation, psilocybin and H+ (acid) would be on the reactants side, and Ξ” would be above the reaction arrow to indicate heat as the catalyst.

lemon juice in hot tea, i'd let it sit for about 20 mins. keep it warm in a hot water bath.
over-dephosphorylation isn't really an issue, oxidation of psilocin is..and that's catalyzed by enzymes bound to psilocin. with proper protonation (addition of a weak acid), this isn't much of a problem.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Dimitrius
#10 Posted : 7/22/2014 12:22:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
Dimitrius wrote:

heat + acid.
if one were to draw an equation for dephosphorylation, psilocybin and H+ (acid) would be on the reactants side, and Ξ” would be above the reaction arrow to indicate heat as the catalyst.

lemon juice in hot tea, i'd let it sit for about 20 mins. keep it warm in a hot water bath.
over-dephosphorylation isn't really an issue, oxidation of psilocin is..and that's catalyzed by enzymes bound to psilocin. with proper protonation (addition of a weak acid), this isn't much of a problem.

So, putting the already filtered lemon juice/tea into a mild hot bath for another 20 would suffice to dephosphorylate it.....provided I extracted the precious molecules.

Did I provide enough time & proper (proper enough) conditions for the extraction of the compounds into the lemon juice &/or tea?

Overnight in the lemon juice at fridge temp & then 5-6 minutes in the hot tea, then filtered & put into the freezer.

While I have eaten mushrooms hundreds of times, I have never once made a tea, as funny as that might sound. Confused

Chan
#11 Posted : 2/27/2016 3:05:48 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Happy to bump this, as it's great info.

Q: Would freezing lemon tea made with fresh shrooms be superior to drying them, and later using those for tea?
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

rOm
#12 Posted : 2/27/2016 9:05:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Using fresh frozen shroom lemon tek for tea ?
Well in my experience freezing fresh cubes was not surperior. It would be mashed cubes when thawing.

Now ifr you were to lemon tek fresh shrooms and freeze that lemon juice ( with or without the shrooms in ) and simply thaaw that juice, as we mention years ago, for exemple keeping track of your dose like in a glace cubes container, if you made juice so it fills it and say you manage to have like 1 gram shroom worth per ice cube.
You simply take your lemon juice enhanced shroom and drop that in your drink of choice ( no need to brew tea ), or simply still or sparkling water.
That is the way I would use frozen lemon tek shrooms.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Chan
#13 Posted : 2/27/2016 12:40:58 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Thanks rOm, that's what I meant: perform lemon-tek using fresh shrooms, then strain and freeze liquid. I'd never dream of just freezing fresh shrooms as is, for obvious reasons...Sick
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 2/28/2016 2:19:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Not lemon juice, but a mushroom miso soup was frozen for multiple months and found to be amply active when subsequently supped. Works with or without straining.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Chan
#15 Posted : 2/28/2016 10:51:48 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Thank you Downwards, I figured it should be OK, having frozen aya & caapi brews before too. But I try not to assume too much... Wink
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯