We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Benefits of OBE's & Meditation Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 7/17/2014 4:25:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The following is a friend's description of how OBE's/conscious projections and meditation have enhanced his life, and with his permission I have shared it here as I feel it may be of interest and inspiration to some here. While he had experience of OBE’s as a child, he was always skeptical of their validity, and bear in mind these changes have come about through just a single year of conscious projecting and meditation.

It has been just over a year since I started consciously projecting (AP/OBE) and exploring the non-physical and/or extra physical facets of life.

What a year it's been, I have learned so much about this world, people and myself – things that I previously would not have imagined possible.

I was always trying to prove to myself that these 'supernatural' phenomena were not just figments of an overactive imagination, that they were as real as the computer I’m using to type this. I'm very honoured to have tried, tested, explored, revealed and uncovered many amazingly almost unbelievable possibilities that went far beyond my expectations.

The things I have done are very few, I feel like I've taken a few baby steps into an infinite forest of possibilities just waiting for us all to embrace and rediscover. I’m also deeply thankful to all members of the Conscious Explorers group, The Astral Projectors group, the International Academy of Consciousness, close friends, family, fellow believers and the divine power that created this immense universe for us to all frolic in while dreaming and awake. Seriously without all of you, I wouldn’t have realised who I am. I’m so thankful for each and every one of you, even those I haven’t spoken to or met, because I feel your energy, we are all connected more intricately than words can ever explain. Here is a rough list of some of the interesting things I've had the privilege to do:

Astral Projection / OBE Experiences:
- Projected to remote locations & confirmed the presence of relatives at a particular house
- Projected into the dream of a colleague, had him call me from the USA
- Projected into a friends dream and had her reveal who she was seeing, confirmed this in real life
- Projected and communicated with the deceased several times, gained deep insights
- Projected and removed negative entity from my mother’s house
- Projected without first sleeping (WBTB)
- Projected while fully awake without prior relaxation/meditation prep
- Ability to absorb energy from nature while projected
- Witnessed a friend fall asleep and unknowingly project
- Greater awareness when falling asleep, waking up, being awake
- Now able to instantly identify different classes of spirits (dead, living, entities etc.)

Meditation:
- Gained knowledge communing with higher consciousness
- Increased general concentration
- Increased insight & deeper understanding
- Better sleep, better moods, greater vitality
- Mastered breathing techniques for increased strength, alertness\energy
- Mastered rhythmic breathing, helps with projection/meditation and energy work
- Activated third eye, crown and heart chakras to higher levels

Telepathy:
- Connected with my daughter (same vicinity - asked her to wake up, she immediately did and said "Yes daddy"Pleased
- Connected with a friend (same vicinity, played guessing game)
- Connected with a friend at a remote location (made awake up)
- Connected with a very close friend at a remote location (conversed)
- Connected and summoned a squirrel to climb up to my chest in the park
- Connected and controlled a cat
- Communication with deceased friends while fully awake
- Communication with Higher-self, Higher-Consciousness

Telekinesis:
- Moved solids through water (twice) -closed doors (a few times)

Remote viewing:
- Viewed my mother’s living room a few times
- Viewed a close friend's flat three times
- Viewed unknown locations several times
- Viewed myself in birds eye

Energy & Healing:
- Developed Greater awareness of subtle energies within and without
- Improved energy movement in and around body
- Able to see & touch the subtle auras in people and objects
- Healed a friend's bad knees
- Healed my aunt's bad feet
- Healed my own bad ankle
- Able to sense non-physical entities energy

Spirituality / Miscellaneous:
- Removed negative entity from a friends house
- Able to connect, channel and transfer energy to others
- Able to absorb energy from others and nature
- Regained lost childhood memories related to supernatural
- Regained partial memories of Higher self/previous lives
- Recognised past life acquaintances in current life
- Understanding of my past, and current life purpose
- Future Foresight / premonitions
- Precognitive dreams that have come true several times
- Partial Kundalini awakening
- Ability to enter into heightened states of awareness while physically present
- Ability to rouse partial psychedelic effects over the body while physically present
- Greater control over physicalities, i.e. heartbeat, temperature & forced adrenaline release
- Instant activation of aforementioned Chakras with a single thought
- Greater use of VELO [Voluntary Energy Longitudinal Oscillation – IAC technique] for enhanced physical energy
- Deeper understanding of life, death and rebirth cycles
- Deeper understanding of various realms of consciousness
- Deeper understanding of my past and of self
- Deeper understanding of Love and emotions
- Deeper understanding of people, due to being able to connect to them on a deeper level
- Less ego, less self-centred and greater respect for others, their beliefs and choices

To honour you all – I’m going to keep walking further into the unknown with an open mind, an open fearless, loving heart and continue to explore, dream, discover, share.

Attached are a few docs that may be of interest for anyone who wishes to explore this for themselves. The attached 'Phasing Primer' is a short, accessible, no nonsense and straight to the point guide they can read in an hour or two, it gives a good rational grounding to this subject and has some great advice for practice, while William Buhlman's 'OBE Techniques' provides a number of different OBE induction methods that have been used with success by a number of people.

Download links:

Michal Raduga: The Phase

http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

Xanth: Phasing Primer

http://www.unlimitedboun...a/xanths-phasing-primer/

For people wanting to experiment with techniques that will likely lead to success in a short amount of time, I would recommend you read up on the "Indirect Methods" in Michael Raduga's book 'The Phase'. Xanth's 'Phasing Primer provides a clear, accessible, no nonsense and rational break down on mastering the art of projection.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#2 Posted : 7/17/2014 4:42:00 PM

veni, vidi, spici

sounds like your friend has had some good benefits in the year and if its increased their quality of life then more power to them, but,

do you believe this?
Quote:
Telekinesis:
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 7/17/2014 5:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" right?? This is definitely one of those claims, and I would definitely need to observe or experience this myself to have an informed opinion either way. He isn't someone who would tell lies though so I do believe that he believes this is what he experienced.

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 7/17/2014 5:49:52 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Thanks for posting the pdf, Bancopuma.

What's the opinion of your friend on Mr. Monroe's audio downloads. Are they beneficial?

http://www.monroeinstitu.../catalog/audio-downloads

Another question: I have 4 mg galantamine / 250 mg choline caps at my disposal and I'd like to use them with the WBTB technique. Will this be helpful for achieving OBE states?

It would be nice, if your friend has the time to answer these questions, as I'm reading alot about OBEs, but personally I'm quite unsuccessful.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 7/17/2014 6:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend definitely uses audio inputs like binaural beats, and one of his preferred methods is to combine these with the WBTB or "Wake Back to Bed" method, which also used for lucid dreaming, only your intention is different. OBE workshop teacher and author William Buhlman reports this as one method that will give the strongest likelihood of OBE success for beginners, particularly if you get up and move somewhere else and lie down or recline (so required a little discipline...we are kinda programmed to fall unconscious in our beds, so in some respects not the most helpful place to try and launch into an OBE). Best after a few REM cycles, and even better if one can remain awake for a little while, having come from sleep one is already in a deep state of relaxation which is half the battle, and easier to slip back into a trance state conducive to OBE's.

But yeah no harm at all in experimenting with binaural beats or Monroe recordings at all. Galantamine/choline wise, I have these same capsules, and for me personally they haven't helped at all actually...one night I had impressive and vivid dreams, but that's it. If you are successful at inducing an OBE, it will also be different in nature to one induced from a sober state. Another fried was much more sensitive to these galantamine/choline capsules, reporting multiple consecutive lucid dreams and psychedelic like effects and feelings in his dreams. My friend in question here does not use supplements as far I know though.

It takes time man. William Buhlman is considered one of the leading experts and it took him almost a month of consistent, nightly practice before he had his first one. But I think it is maybe worth the effort, and once you've had your first experience, that will be a morale boost to keep going, and once you know the signs and how to respond, it is likely they will increase in frequency and quality.

Do make sure you keep a journal to record all your dreams and any experiences you have on waking, like for lucid dreaming, one needs to hone their powers of recall.

I've been pretty busy of late so my OBE practice has been pretty sporadic (making more effort to make it a more regular practice currently) and in a very short time I've noticed a marked increase in vividness in dreams and dream recall, noticeable sensations of energy in my body which seem to be getting more noticeable with time (while meditating with binaural beats prior to sleep...last night the energy I felt was very strongly reminiscent of energy sensations I experienced on DMT...so in other words not placebo!!) and depending hypnagogic effects, and a feeling of calmness during the day. After the little amount of time invested into this it has intrigued me enough to persevere with this.

Ufostrahlen
#6 Posted : 7/17/2014 7:53:23 PM

Bancopuma wrote:
It takes time man. William Buhlman is considered one of the leading experts and it took him almost a month of consistent, nightly practice before he had his first one. But I think it is maybe worth the effort, and once you've had your first experience, that will be a morale boost to keep going, and once you know the signs and how to respond, it is likely they will increase in frequency and quality.

Well, I've been reading the Buhlman/Monroe books for 7 months now, but I don't practice consistent, I guess. It's a little bit hard to keep persistent if you don't know at what to aim. The affirmation technique by Buhlman doesn't work for me. And the others don't really resonate with me.

I mean, where are these teachers that Buhlman describes? They should just pull me out and give me instructions on how to do this on my own. I really dislike reading pdfs, when there are "teachers" floating around. I mean books are theory, but I'm ready for the praxis (so I guess). Big grin

Maybe you can ask your friend to "pull us out" if he/she has some time for it. Thumbs up
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 7/17/2014 8:21:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I getcha. It really is different strokes for different folks with this stuff, every one has to kinda figure out what methods work for them individually. I'm a poor visualizer for example so the visualization methods aren't so helpful for me.

Haha yeah teachers would make things easier! Very happy Do you ever had lucid dreams?? These are a good springboard for OBE's if you have the intention. I believe I've been pretty close a few times now already and I haven't been that consistent, but my closest experience yet was a flying dream, in which I was became lucid suddenly while flying over some countryside. I stated the intention "I demand to have a full conscious OBE" and immediately on that the dream imploded into darkness and I "woke up" (false awakening) in a London hotel room, turned out I was on a practical OBE course at the time and had come close to success, so said the OBE teacher (who exists in real life and is well known in the OBE field here in the UK). So lucid dreams are another way of hacking the OBE matrix. Just this morning I tried the WBTB and slipped into a trance...as I was dropping off I very vividly and quite loudly heard my name being called out! Auditory hypnagogia and not uncommon, but was still pretty bizarre, don't recall experiencing this before.

As your attorney, I recommend you check out the attached 'Phasing Primer'...it's designed to be straight to the point, accessible and user friendly, and short enough so you can read it in an hour or two.

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 7/17/2014 10:37:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" right??

Heh, for the ego maybe.Wink

Yeah, once you start getting deep into this stuff, the distinction between consensus reality and dreaming/alternate realities becomes less defined. This is the territory of shamans, sorcery, and magick.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."

-Edgar Allan Poe

HumbleTraveler
#9 Posted : 7/18/2014 7:34:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The push/pull between materialism and spirituality is very difficult to manage.

6 months ago I was jobless and essentially directionless. That time was the most spiritual, introspective and direction finding way of my life thus far. However, once I acquired a career worthy job, Ive noticed I dont "feel" the same as I did. I still REALLY want to totally situate myself to further my spirituality, but I spend a lot of time with my job because its a job where in order to have any success, it needs consistency and a lot of time put in. My views on working in general are very 'out there' compared to many, but I want this to work for me because its an unfortunate requirement of social necessity to a degree.

A book I have, Inner and Outer Peace through Meditation is a phenomenal book, and Ive unfortunately not picked it up for about 5 months. I really need to. I want to learn how to make it work for me!

With that said, Id love to be on a level like this and experience these things your friend has. Ive attempted AP and lucid dreaming even, and had no luck thus far. Im a VERY heavy sleeper. I rarely remember my dreams at all next morning. Ive had two sleeep paralysis experiences about 3 months ago which were pretty awesome haha but thats about it for me.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 7/18/2014 11:38:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude, I hear you. I don't think I am a very materialistic person, never have been and psychedelic use seems to have enhanced this. But my work demands a lot of thought time, not so easy to switch off from, although I do enjoy it even if it is a challenge.

Thanks for the book recommendation, found a used copy really cheap on Amazon so have ordered it. I saw an interesting clip recently of the Dalai Lama discussing projection of consciousness, and how this relates to the process of dying.

I am also a heavy sleeper. But with a little focus and pre bed breathing meditation and some binaurals I can reliably dream and recall my dreams every night, I have a journal by my bed and try and write anything I remember on waking. Even the vaguest details are a start. Sleep paralysis can be an effective launch pad for both lucid dreams and OBE's if you can harness it, you are effectively on the cusp of either experience. I've only experienced this state once, I awoke to find there was a wolf on my bed that leapt for my throat! Was an acute moment of terror, although I’m kinda curious now about inducing this state again...

On this topic this clip may be worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJOMqIhvHM

Ufostrahlen
#11 Posted : 7/18/2014 12:24:17 PM

Bancopuma wrote:
Haha yeah teachers would make things easier! Very happy Do you ever had lucid dreams??

Yes, and if Buhlman is not fooling us, they are real. Hyperspace Fool talked about them, too.
Well, for the lucidity, I'm not really lucid in my dreams. The closest lucid dream I had lately, was where I paid a dude for showing me great lucidity tricks and tried to become lucid while getting asleep in my dream. I didn't worked and the guy had to refund my money. Then I woke up. Lol.

Luckily the UK supplement regulations are lax and I now have Galantamine in my arsenal. I hope my lucidity gets better while finishing the bottle.

Bancopuma wrote:
As your attorney, I recommend you check out the attached 'Phasing Primer'...it's designed to be straight to the point, accessible and user friendly, and short enough so you can read it in an hour or two.

Thanks for your recommendation, I will read it.

HumbleTraveler
#12 Posted : 7/18/2014 11:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Hey dude, I hear you. I don't think I am a very materialistic person, never have been and psychedelic use seems to have enhanced this. But my work demands a lot of thought time, not so easy to switch off from, although I do enjoy it even if it is a challenge.

Thanks for the book recommendation, found a used copy really cheap on Amazon so have ordered it. I saw an interesting clip recently of the Dalai Lama discussing projection of consciousness, and how this relates to the process of dying.

I am also a heavy sleeper. But with a little focus and pre bed breathing meditation and some binaurals I can reliably dream and recall my dreams every night, I have a journal by my bed and try and write anything I remember on waking. Even the vaguest details are a start. Sleep paralysis can be an effective launch pad for both lucid dreams and OBE's if you can harness it, you are effectively on the cusp of either experience. I've only experienced this state once, I awoke to find there was a wolf on my bed that leapt for my throat! Was an acute moment of terror, although I’m kinda curious now about inducing this state again...

On this topic this clip may be worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJOMqIhvHM

DMT reaaaallly woke me up even more than I already was. Im much more dedicated to living a simpler life with less clutter.
You know the sleep paralysis thing for me had no frightening encounters luckily. I just felt like I was being vacuumed out of my shell basically, and the 2nd time I felt like I was actually actively forcing myself out. Each time it only lasted 3 to 5 seconds total though til I kinda snapped myself out of it. It was intense and a little confusing, but still awesome haha. Id have surely shat myself though if I saw a wolf or any succubi or anything like whats commonly reported.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Bancopuma
#13 Posted : 7/19/2014 12:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah same here man, DMT has only expanded on this in my life too. It sounds like you were VERY close to an OBE, in fact it sounds like you were launching into one. My one spontaneous OBE was very similar to yours, I felt like I was being vacuumed out of my forehead. It was so sudden, and such an unexpected and powerful sensation that it shocked me back into my body in a few seconds before I really went anywhere. If you are able to induce sleep paralysis though, and lack the fear element and have the intention you may find you can initiate an OBE. And once you've had one I think it kind of illuminates the path a bit for future experiences. I would be interesting in inducing sleep paralysis again if I could, in the hope of learning how to use it for this, which I hear can be done.

An article that may be of interest.

http://dreamstudies.org/.../out-of-body-experience/

Global
#14 Posted : 7/19/2014 12:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

3rdI wrote:
sounds like your friend has had some good benefits in the year and if its increased their quality of life then more power to them, but,

do you believe this?
Quote:
Telekinesis:

Also a way to control for the "door closing" phenomenon would be to ensure that all other doors and windows are closed in the house first. It's pretty common for the outside changes in air pressure to sporadically close doors.

I feel a bit mixed about the telekinesis as I feel that I have been able to control the body of my brother via the same mechanisms that DMT or the energy that we interact with can create the involuntary, autonomous motions in our bodies that many here are familiar with. I think of this more as a "biotelekinesis" as it has the prerequisite of interacting with another nervous system.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Ufostrahlen
#15 Posted : 7/19/2014 2:47:01 PM

I found a lecture by Tom Campbell, that may be beneficial for those interested in the topic. Tom was a sidekick of Bob Monroe and claims to be able to do all the stuff Bancopuma's friend can do. It's easier for me to lie down and listen to the lecture than reading pdfs on the monitor.

Don't be discouraged by him when he says psychotropic drugs aren't beneficial, it's just a metaphor Smile He speaks about OBEs in general, exceptions prove the rule.

Also have a look at his YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/twcjr44/
Lots of useful videos that only need auditory attention.

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 7/20/2014 9:01:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I'Ve been interested in OBEs for a long time. Over the time i would occasionally encounter this buzzing sound and pressure in my ears. It would always send adrenaline through my body and wake me up. Today, something very weird has happened. I'm not sure if it classified as an OBE or if it was just some sort of intense dream though. Perhaps the experts can help.

I woke up early in the morning and was in this state in which the body feels weightless and non-existant basically. Soon, i would get the familiar rushing sensations and sounds and asked myself "How can i take this to the next level?!". I noticed, that i could rock my non-existing body back and furth from left to right before the next "buzzattack" would happen. Eventually, these movements got bigger and i could feel my legs all over the place.

After a while, i felt someone would pull my not existing legs like a moth out of her cocoon.
I saw the shadow of my body and the BOOM I suddenly found myself in short proximity of the house. I felt as if i had been launched into some sort of super immersive Virtual Reality. The picture had a larger contrast and was sharper than life, a bit like while on mushrooms. The framrate was a bit choppy, it felt as if my brain could not process more visual data in real time. I walked for a bit and noticed my virtual body was much smaller, if existant at all, because it was impossible to correct my slightly tilted vision.

I thought about my real body and quickly snapped out of it.

The whole experience was most similiar to this one.

Not sure if this classifies as a OBE, it certainly had qualities i know from lucid dreaming...but the transistion into it....wow..like being popped into the outside world.

Ufostrahlen
#17 Posted : 7/20/2014 10:22:27 AM

obliguhl wrote:
Not sure if this classifies as a OBE, it certainly had qualities i know from lucid dreaming...but the transistion into it....wow..like being popped into the outside world.

Have you seen this video?

It covers the OBE vibration topic.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 7/20/2014 12:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You really are a wealth of knowledge, Ufostrahlen, great!
Video is interesting, because i always tried to "work" with the vibrations, make them grow stronger and stronger. The only difference last night was that i kinda tried to focus on the state between the rush..so the Video might have merrit.

His explanations are a bit funky though...but as long as the advice is sound...

I think the most striking thing about my experience was the fact that i popped into this altered state of consciousness while being conscious. Waking up in a lucid dream is different ..less lucid and less shocking.

Bancopuma
#19 Posted : 7/20/2014 12:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Ufostrahlen, thanks a lot for that clip, watched it while working yesterday but will watch again today and focus on it more, Tom Campbell seems like an interesting chap. As it happens the author of the recommended 'Phasing Primer' was one of the commenters beneath highly recommending the clip so all of them you could have picked, that was a good'un!

Hey obliguhl, that sounds like a textbook OBE to me. Things will get clearer with more experience. But the way you describe the separation, the buzzing, the vibrations, the super immersive, hyper clear virtual reality, and the snapping back to your physical body on thinking about it...all textbook OBE symptoms. With lucid dreams one isn't separated from their physical body, or aware of it. Well played young Jedi, I recommend you persevere with this! Should get a little easier now you know the signs and what to look for, kinda acts like a mental road map for your consciousness. Tom Campbell in this clip also recommends experimenting for yourself and finding out what works well for you individually.

I think your technique of working with the vibrations is definitely valid as well... but yeah the sudden break into that state from being conscious is a very different experience (in my experience) to becoming lucid in a dream, which is also amazing.

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 7/20/2014 12:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What i would really like to know: How does a true OBE feel like? Is it a stable state to be in e.g can i move freely around and even think about my physical body without returning? Does it feel "real" or dreamlike ? I'm kinda set on the idea, that ayahuasca allows you to travel the real world in your mind - is it somewhat similiar?

The list posted in the first post sounds very intruiging.

I somewhere read that some people claim that there can be overlap between obe and lucid dream states. This might explain why i was always wandering the real world in my two experiences - with perhaps only a few alterations.

123NEXT»