We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
"Zapping" sensation in the head (mushrooms) Options

BnaiRagshee
#21 Posted : 7/17/2014 8:56:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually have had this, I completely forgot about it though. Every time I take LSA from hbwr I get (pleasurable) brain zaps. And it tends to happen again if I smoke mj the next day.
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wax
#22 Posted : 7/19/2014 2:42:26 AM

LUVR

yamma1 wrote:
yes, I had a series of the these "electric style zapping in the brain" after a heavy weekend of MDMA.

No pain, Just feels like a quick ZAP. Quite a weird feeling. Feels like a sort of mini seizure.

Like others said, maybe a way of the body telling us to slow down. Never had it on anything other than MDMA though.

Yes, I forgot about getting these after heavy MDMA use as well. Once I overdid it quite a bit one weekend and had zaps for a week or two, they felt as if I was falling out of consciousness momentarily like when you are falling asleep but catch yourself before you do.

That and puking up black stuff during the last roll led to a long break from MDMA.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

adam
#23 Posted : 7/20/2014 1:38:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure if this is the same phenomenon that others have experienced. The best way I can describe what I have felt is some sort of energetic cleansing. It was like I was simultaneously in two dimensions, very aware of "normal reality" while I was having my "energy" cleaned in another dimension, a dimension in which the gravity was much higher. I remember these beings holding me down in this other dimension while my body in this dimension was snapping and crackling and shooting sparks. Afterwards I felt very strong, like long time blockages had been cleared in me.

Should mention this was ~40mg of vaped dmt.

benzyme
#24 Posted : 7/20/2014 2:03:33 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

short answer? 5HT2A signalling.
i've experienced it on all the usual suspects, and it was especially intense on ayahuasca.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

adam
#25 Posted : 7/21/2014 2:36:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ nope sorry, it is unquestionably hyperdimensional giants Wink

Orion
#26 Posted : 7/21/2014 11:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any really in depth info on this? I've never experienced it, but not liking the sound of it from these posts. What's actually going on here ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

soulfood
#27 Posted : 7/21/2014 11:55:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I never really worried about it and I actually find it quite pleasant.

It's never occurred once I regained baseline so I just see it as part of the temporarily alter'd brain signaling typical of these experiences.

Intezam
#28 Posted : 11/28/2014 6:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We (intezam) have these zaps all the time, also when we're 100% sober (we call them zengs). When we take harmalas these (5HT2A) zengs increase to a pulse. We don't like'em very much because alarm-mind tells us they might be followed by a *seizure..
(*didn't happen tho)

Ryusaki
#29 Posted : 11/28/2014 1:18:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those "zapps" i experienced are more like a very short break down of all filter-systems, resulting in a short burst of very intense sensory perceptions. Its a complete sensory overload, especially the acustic element. I hear everything EXTREMLY loud. Every sensory channel is turned up to the absolut maximum which is painful and unbearable.
Thankfully it lasts only half a second.

Infectedstyle
#30 Posted : 11/29/2014 6:17:57 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I kind of vibe with the extra-dimensional explanation (and the 5hta signaling). Cus I tried out some Harmala and a lil' Ketamine and had some visions of alien spaceships from different planets coming together to find the outside of the universe and find out about a new dimension that was green and full of stuff. Then 2 minutes later I heared some electronic devices humm a little louder and at the exact place where I was having a little bit of a headache got one of these impressive zaps that last for half a second or so and saw this green stuff/place or space or what have you but actually realistic this time.

Not sure if the Ket is involved but I kind of enjoy meditating and had to stop once because I was having pulses that jolted my body upwards quite powerfully. So like a body zap instead of a brain zap and my muscles go Whoop and tense up for a second. All this along with mildly scary but powerful Sleep Paralysis episodes in the same session led me to take a break from meditating for the night. But when my body zapped; Curiously, I again heared some electronic devices hum a little louder in my immediate environment. I was thinking solar flares for a minute.

SpartanII
#31 Posted : 11/29/2014 6:31:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I've experienced this several times on LSD and mushrooms. For me, they were usually triggered by certain thoughts, especially during those brief flashes of insight you sometimes get on psychedelics. It almost feels like Im about to leave my body quickly and forcefully, like a spontaneous OOBE is about to happen.

PREV12