We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Death and modern day first world burial/preservation practices Options

HumbleTraveler
#1 Posted : 7/11/2014 5:01:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not the kind of person to become obsessively fascinated by death, but my girlfriend brought up a very interesting point the other day. What do you folks think of this...

She said that the concept of peoples bodies being preserved and essentially locked in a giant metal box that will never return to the earth is extraordinarily unsettling. (yes, we know that there are alternative methods such as the bio-urn).
That, what if the soul, to complete fully its journey must be allowed to return to the earth in a manner that our vehicle, the body, breaks down naturally. And yes, even I said, well the soul certainly won't be hindered by a metal box 6ft under ground.

It's a very interesting and fresh point, and although theres no "science" behind it, we're still made up of the same nature that the earth, sun, stars, etc are. And the debate on souls, consciousness, etc is certainly a heavy one. I didn't believe in an afterlife or the presence of a soul until my first DMT experience. I used to think once the fat lady sings, thats it lights out. I don't believe that any longer.

And while every culture of course has its own practices, what if the modern day practices that have become so "normal" was actually some method, known or unknown, of keeping us from fully completing the cycle of life. It's certainly an industry driven practice and really is just outright f-ing strange! The western world can't simply accept death for what it is, part of life. Peoples bodies are prepped, dressed, make-up'd, embalmed, and then placed in a several thousand dollar box just to be placed in a hole?!
Perhaps its the answer as to the vast negative energy throughout the world that the majority of people encounter between hate for fellow man, disregard for nature and other animals, etc. Like life is reaching a boiling over point.

Some of these points are a little rough since Ive been up for 20 hours Im feeling it...but Ill try to elaborate further tomorrow if necessary!
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 7/12/2014 6:30:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's really a question of time. We're made of all the same stuff as the rest of the universe, and eventually we'll return to that system. The big metal box may add anywhere from 1-10 years before you reach the same state you would if we'd just thrown your corpse in a ditch, but you'll get there.

And the thing about death is, it's forever. You have all the time in the world.

Personally, I'd rather not be in the box at all (drop me in the ocean, or grow some shrooms on me), but in the face of infinity, it's not like it really matters.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."