We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mold in my mushroom growbox? Advice needed Options

Cufko
#1 Posted : 7/6/2014 2:59:07 PM

Researcher

Well ... I'm not sure what that black spots are. Is the growbox contaminated?
There are also some orange spots visible. No idea what they are. This is supposed to be a golden teacher growbox. The kit is 2 days old.
What do I do? Please help!

In knowledge, there is power

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 7/6/2014 3:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

That's not looking good. If you are determined to fruit it, do so out doors, and do not open that box around your grow area. It is contaminated. You might still get a flush, but the longer you keep it in the house, the longer the contaminates have to release spores that could make future grows difficult. It looks like maybe a combo of mold and bacteria, though it is hard to tell from that pic.

In my opinion, I would trash it and start again. Sorry brother.
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Ancotar
#3 Posted : 7/6/2014 4:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All hope is not lost, but time is of the essence!!!

Make a water/hydrogen peroxide mix and spray down the substrate really well, being careful not to leave any standing water.

This is by no means a guarantee unfortunately, but using this mix has helped stave off any potential intruders in my crops, and I think it would help kill whatever that is while preserving your cake for growth.

Here's a good piece of info I regularly use from the Shroomery. http://www.shroomery.org...-of-the-mushroom-culture

Good luck!
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Cufko
#4 Posted : 7/6/2014 4:39:38 PM

Researcher

Thank you guys. :/
In knowledge, there is power