We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sublimation of dmt Options

luckytriple6
#1 Posted : 7/18/2009 1:52:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do I have to use vacuum to sublimate dmt, I'm not looking to make pure n,n I just want the goo I have to crystallize... honestly I think I'll be finding out soon I see vapor and the finger is cold!

here we go first trial.... wish me luck, I hope to be able to post a pretty pics of some D stuck to my glass finger.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

luckytriple6
#2 Posted : 7/23/2009 4:28:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

all I got was goo on my cold finger, is this due to lack of vac, too much heat, or a combination of the both? It went from a large amount of brownish goo to a Small amount of brown goo.

I'm un-sure of where to place my gauge as I've been told the gauge should be attached to onto container containing the fluid to be condensed/sublimated. If I get proper tubing for vacuum/solvents can I put a gauge in line to the vessel and get a proper reading?

I'm told I won't get a proper reading unless I attach the vessel/container from which the distillate comes from to the condenser.

If some one can point me towards a steam distillation, depending on what I want to distill, some need steam pumped in to them others will need vapors with boiling water/aside from water others need solvents to vapor distill like if I used naphtha instead of water for EX. I hope some one can help. I wanna distill some pine oil from tree's in my yard!

burnt
#3 Posted : 8/3/2009 9:16:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I am not expert on sublimation. But what kind of vacuum are you using? Also how are you regulating the reduced pressure?

But on steam distillation there are many different set ups one can use. I wouldn't mess with any that require steam to be pumped in thats a pain. The best is to just mix plant material with water and heat it up from there. Or if you are distilling solvents same deal. There are many pics online of steam distilling set ups if you find one you think you like post and I can comment on whether its practical or not.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 8/3/2009 3:35:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

luckytriple6 wrote:
I'm told I won't get a proper reading unless I attach the vessel/container from which the distillate comes from to the condenser.

LOL!!

who told you this?! whoever told you this is obviously just bs'ing theory, and hasn't applied it..

as you mentioned, you can check the vacuum of the line (once the system has been evacuated, the pressure will be fairly constant throughout); swim did this in the thread "has anyone done a melting point"
he also checks his temp of the heated vessel with an IR therm. this method is rather consistent

whether you're doing sublimation or vacuum distillation, the issue is determining how much vac is needed, and adjusting the heat accordingly
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck