We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What's your cannabis habit like? Options

Tyler_Trismegistus
#1 Posted : 7/2/2014 2:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Currently, I'm munching on some popcorn and watching TV relaxing before bedtime and also spending some quality time with my bubbler. I guess I'm a pretty habitual user..... I usually make a firecracker in the morning and eat it before work, and then ride that out til night time, where I smoke furiously and really enjoy my high. Cannabis has never done anything but help me, besides maybe occasional brain fogginess (i stack nootropics and it seems to prevent this usually) I don't remember the last day I didn't smoke any cannabis at all. What are your relationships with this plant helper like?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 7/2/2014 3:02:27 AM

Game Master

Was a daily smoker for about fourteen years. Quit in favor of dream work, since I hardly ever remember dreams while smoking tough. Dreams are much important to me now than staying stoned all day.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Tyler_Trismegistus
#3 Posted : 7/2/2014 3:11:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I battle with myself a lot on that topic. I've been wanting to pursue lucid dreaming but can't make any progress due to my cannabis use. Maybe while I'm in the Amazon this fall, the break from cannabis will end up being permanent.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#4 Posted : 7/2/2014 4:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I have lucid dreaming on a daily(with exceptions) basis. I smoke daily. I dont eat meat or drink tap water - flouride and antibiotics seem more hindering, to me, then any plant matter I've ever consumed.

I might just be lucky, and those diet restrictions could be coincidence
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

DreaMTripper
#5 Posted : 7/2/2014 4:36:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its on-off, recently ive been getting paranoia so im having a break until I can find a more balanced bud. The THC % in this g13 mustve been at the high end and i have too much that paranoia can feed off at the moment. Just some well cured carefuly grown Northern lights would be nice.

anrchy
#6 Posted : 7/2/2014 4:46:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually only smoke when someone offers it to me and I have absolutely nothing I NEED to accomplish. This is not very often and is usually at night time or after I have already had atleast 6 beers.

When I smoke without alcohol my thinking self separates from my doing self and I become two entities. This makes physical tasks more difficult since I mostly reside in the thinking self and the doing self doesn't listen to well.

When I manage to take control of the doing self the thinking self does a poor job of operating on its own which causes me to have to jump back in the drivers seat of the thinking self to recall exactly why I walked in that room or why am I holding this pencil.

When I remember I am usually somewhere else again and the process starts all over and becomes a loop. Then I throw my hands in the air, proclaim I'm too high for this and go sit down somewhere and watch people do stuff.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

newageshaman
#7 Posted : 7/2/2014 5:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been on and off with my weed consumption for the last month or more, gone from being a everyday smoker to having about one week on one week off. It definitely has been effecting me negatively with a cloudy mind and bad short term memory, but after a week off i feel alot better. Next week i will try going cold turkey for a month or more.

The wierd thing I find with weed and lucid dreaming is that if i am smoking all day everyday i cannot become lucid (I still have dreams albeit they are very vague and hard to remember). Otherwise i find if i take about a week long break from smoking and then smash my self before going to bed i have the most mind blowing dreams i ever have.

Guyomech
#8 Posted : 7/2/2014 6:58:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Thirty years. I guess I must really love smoking weed. Wouldn't you know, I've got a bowl in my hand now.

But it's not all day long, not even close. There are things that are better done sober, such as running around town, taking our kid to gymnastics, talking to the accountant, and lots of other stuff. So on most days I'll hit it the first time around three o'clock after doing the more work-related stuff. Then another good bowl at night, sometimes with a little kif or hash on top. But outdoors only, which keeps me from just sitting all night at my computer or easel toking away. The goal is to never develop a smoker's cough; any time I start to tend in that direction I'll ramp back a bit.

Occasionally there are breaks for a few days, and it's never a big deal, no hardcore jonesing or anything. And then my dreams return, it only takes a day or two. Sometimes, just skipping my late evening bowl is enough to allow for dream recall. My dreams are mostly stressful and often frightening, so at this point in time I don't especially care if I remember them or not.

Global
#9 Posted : 7/2/2014 11:26:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
I have lucid dreaming on a daily(with exceptions) basis. I smoke daily. I dont eat meat or drink tap water - flouride and antibiotics seem more hindering, to me, then any plant matter I've ever consumed.

I might just be lucky, and those diet restrictions could be coincidence

I smoke several times a day, eat meat, drink the tap every now and then...and I will still have vivid dreams nightly, often becoming lucid. I've always been a strong dreamer and it seems that weed has never really stepped in the way of that.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Entheogenerator
#10 Posted : 7/2/2014 11:54:02 AM

Homo discens

It's interesting that you've posted this question now, at exactly this point in time. I have just resumed smoking cannabis almost daily for the first time in two years. I quit smoking cannabis because it started precipitating anxiety attacks in me, even after I felt like my panic attacks had been "cured". I used to be an all day, every day smoker. Shortly after I quit smoking cannabis, I got myself into some legal trouble which became another reason to abstain.

After completing my court-mandated urinalysis obligations about a month ago, I started smoking again almost daily. It seems that cannabis no longer induces panic atacks when I smoke it in low doses. But now I have gotten myself into a bit of a predicament. I have been participating in buprenorphine therapy for about 16 months, and about a week ago I told my doctor that I had been smoking cannabis again. He was not thrilled about this. He essentially said that if I did not stop smoking cannabis by the time I saw him again (in two weeks), we would have a problem.

Now, I have been considering tapering off the buprenorphine for quite some time. It would seem that I am now at a point where I must make the decision: stop smoking cannabis or discontinue my buprenorphine therapy. I have not come to a conclusion yet, but as I'm sure any of you who have gotten to know me can assume, I am leaning towards the one which involves daily ingestion of a plant-based medicine rather than a pharmaceutical drug.

Anyways, sorry to highjack the thread to some extent. It's just that my "cannabis habit" is not exactly something that can be explained in two or three sentences. Confused
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Cosmic Spore
#11 Posted : 7/2/2014 12:34:34 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Multiple times daily; started smoking at age 12 (14 years ago).
If I'm not doing anything in public, I smoke each 30 minutes to 1 hour. I usually prefer to consume an ounce within 3 days.

I'm searching for employment with my state, and am starting to be curious about [drug testing] hair tests.
Is there a sure-fire way to pass a hair test (other than abstinence)?
If someone shaved their head, (after regrowth) would the same chemicals not go from the bloodstream into the hair follicle?

I once failed a urine test for weed, 6 months after I stopped smoking. It took my brother, my friend & a neighbor 4 months each (after stopping) in order to pass a urine test. I have synthetic urine for any urine test.

If not forced, I will happily never stop using Cannabis & cannabinoids.

Tyler_Trismegistus
#12 Posted : 7/2/2014 12:45:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its nice to see that others have a very positive relationship with cannabis. I've been looking into noopept and I think I'm going to try it out. I heard that It takes away some of the fog that comes with chronic cannabis use and allows a more clear thinking space as well as reduced anxiety

Entheogenerator
#13 Posted : 7/2/2014 12:47:05 PM

Homo discens

Tyler_Trismegistus wrote:
Its nice to see that others have a very positive relationship with cannabis. I've been looking into noopept and I think I'm going to try it out. I heard that It takes away some of the fog that comes with chronic cannabis use and allows a more clear thinking space as well as reduced anxiety

I have very much appreciated the effects I have experienced from noopept, in combination with cannabis or otherwise.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Tyler_Trismegistus
#14 Posted : 7/2/2014 12:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have any experience stacking noopept with piracetam? I've read several places that this is the most effective stack for clarity and memory recall.

cave paintings
#15 Posted : 7/2/2014 4:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been smoking everyday for the past month or so. Prior to that, I went through a month or so period of smoking maybe 2-4 times a week, attempting to slow it down a bit and clear my mind. Prior to that was every day for almost a year. And before that I had a break for a month or so traveling. And prior to that smoking everyday for a year or two. I've smoked since 13-14 I think.. 8th-9th grade. My relationship with cannabis has changed over the years, with long periods of abstinence and long periods of usage - like now. I think I want to taper off a bit as of late, as I've been smoking a lot. I smoked 3 blunts yesterday with only 1 really shared amongst friends.. and I think this is too much. I migrate between doubt about my habit and not really caring and cannabis working well with me. I also try and smoke after I have finished my things for the day and I won't before work. I think cannabis works well for different people at different points in their lives.
Living to Give

Entheogenerator
#16 Posted : 7/2/2014 8:44:24 PM

Homo discens

Tyler_Trismegistus wrote:
Do you have any experience stacking noopept with piracetam? I've read several places that this is the most effective stack for clarity and memory recall.

I don't, but I have heard that as well. I may try it some time soon.

V01D
#17 Posted : 7/2/2014 8:52:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to smoke all day everyday until I was forced to stop due to a legal situation. Now I don't smoke at all. I'm hoping this caapi tea microdosing experiment will make it so that I don't go back to that mindset whenever I can smoke again.

Tyler_Trismegistus
#18 Posted : 7/2/2014 9:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

isaaczibre wrote:
I used to smoke all day everyday until I was forced to stop due to a legal situation. Now I don't smoke at all. I'm hoping this caapi tea microdosing experiment will make it so that I don't go back to that mindset whenever I can smoke again.

I can serve as evidence of caapi tea microdosing being extremely effective. I made a brew with 100g of vine and didn't reduce it. I drank a cup every night before bed for two weeks. Within two days I noticed my fear of people and communication had busted away. I've been off it for a week now and I feel like I'm a completely different person than I was before I united with that healing spirit. Please keep me updated with your results! I'd love to hear more from people who have used caapi tea as an anti-depressant.

Parshvik Chintan
#19 Posted : 7/3/2014 12:29:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

agonized CB receptors IS my sobriety (except for about a 1-10 minute window of actual sobriety when i first wake up).
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Pup Tentacle
#20 Posted : 7/3/2014 1:00:01 AM

lettuce

I smoke and eat cannabis on a daily basis. Not all day long everyday - but some days all day long Wut? . 29 years this summer - first tiny joint when I was 16 and I fell in love. If fact, I love the joint I'm currently smoking just as much as that first one.

I tend to avoid cannabis before tripping, saving that for the comedown. It does seem to muddy up trips.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

12NEXT