We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
solvent condensation? Options

Drake
#1 Posted : 7/17/2009 10:31:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So this is something that is not to be alarmed about I am sure, but I feel the need to ask anyway. I have my solvent in the freezer, coming up on 48 hours now. Every now and then, I cannot help myself. I take it out for a few seconds to see how the crystals are going. Once I decide to put it back in the freezer, the frost forming on the outside of the bowl starts to smell of Shellite?

I am pretty sure this is not something I should worry about. Because I cannot smell the solvent once it's in the freezer. But is this just a simple thing of solvent condensation or something? Pretty sure the bowl is air tight, because the smell is on the glass when I smell it. If there was some type of small leak, I am sure I would smell the solvent, I hope! No harm can come from some smelly shellite, to wrapped/sealed frozen food?

I just checked really fast. Maybe there is a small leak, or maybe its this type of solvent condensation. I am not even sure if Shellite can condense. No health hazard can come of this to the frozen food right?

Anyhow, thanks for the information!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Fakkz
#2 Posted : 7/17/2009 3:02:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree. I have done plenty of freeze precipitations with shellite in the freezer, and you can always smell it when it is in there, even though it is well covered. But after it is out, the freezer doesn't smell anymore, and i've never had any trouble with food contamination.

Drake
#3 Posted : 7/18/2009 4:02:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply's. I solved the potential problem, by sealing the bowl of spicy shellite in a old bucket that used to contain my carbohydrate powder. Works great, now no hint of weak smelling shellite.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.