We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
does lime really work Options

alwaysneverthesame
#1 Posted : 7/17/2009 9:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my mentor was telling me that instead of using lye as your base you can use lime. i guess he had read that the lime can be just as powerful and you get a much cleaner product. is there any truth to that? i know with lye you use and equal amount to bark, at least with stb which is all i have really done so far, but what would the ratio be for food safe pickling lime? how will it make the product cleaner and if i were to use the lime what would be the best acid for an acid/base extraction?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 7/17/2009 10:35:38 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

It doesn't work for an STB tek. Lime does get the PH up pretty quick but it isn't nearly as agresssive as lye to break down the cells of the Mimosa to get the DMT out.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 7/17/2009 6:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Calcium Hydroxide (or, pickling lime) is preferable to using lye, when you are just basifying DMT-Fumarate (like from the FASA tek) or something like that, where the alkaloids are already extracted from the plant material but in an acidic, or salt form.
It's non-toxic & just plain, all around safer than lye!

You can also use Sodium Carbonate (washing soda) to do most of the same things you might use Calcium Hydroxide for.

Cheers

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 7/17/2009 8:05:28 PM

The Great Namah

alwaysneverthesame wrote:
my mentor was telling me that instead of using lye as your base you can use lime. i guess he had read that the lime can be just as powerful and you get a much cleaner product. is there any truth to that? i know with lye you use and equal amount to bark, at least with stb which is all i have really done so far, but what would the ratio be for food safe pickling lime? how will it make the product cleaner and if i were to use the lime what would be the best acid for an acid/base extraction?

Yeah for a STB you really need to use lye. If you are doing an A/B lime will work as long as you can get the pH up to 11.5+ Sodium Carbonate will also work with an A/B extraction. I suggest using a weak acid like vinegar so you don't have to use as much lime or sodium carbonate. If I remember correctly lime (calcium hydroxide) does not dissolve very well in water, so you may want to use sodium carbonate. If you can't find any, go to the store and pick up a bunch of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Put this on a cookie sheet in your oven for 4 hours @ 400F (someone please correct me if my #'s are off) and you will turn your sodium bicarb (not usable for freebasing dmt) into sodium carbonate (useable!).

Again these will not work for a STB very well and your yield will be VERY low if one were use lime.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

tryptographer
#5 Posted : 7/17/2009 8:26:45 PM

tryptamine photographer

acolon_5 wrote:
Again these will not work for a STB very well and your yield will be VERY low if one were use lime.

I tried it once and got some very pure crystals, not a hint of yellow, they did not even stick to the glass (freezeprep) but indeed yield was low. I heated lime + bark + naphta for a few hours. Maybe worth a try with limonene instead of naphta... but lye is more fool-proof.

alwaysneverthesame
#6 Posted : 7/17/2009 8:27:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i tie dye alot so i bake baking soda all the time to make my soda ash. i tried using a small amount of bark and doing an experimental pull using the lime and i did get a small amount it just didnt want to dry out all the way so it was a little sticky. the lime does not dissolve well in water but it will dissolve in an acid like vinegar...since it is used for making pickles. also since i just added water to the already acidified bark, the lime helped separate it more. the bark and lime settled straight to the bottom and then there was a layer of water, then a small layer of fats and then the solvent layer on top. my measurements werent quite right since it was just an experiment but i think if the measurements were done correctly the lime method could be very effective, since it was easy to separate. with this method though i got an emulsion and i had to boil it out, which i know can happen no matter what, but i think that it helped me pull the little bit i did pull. the bark had already been acid boiled so it was wet. i weighed the wet bark and it was 40g. i added about 15-20g of the lime and stirred it really good, boiled out the emulsion and pulled from it. since the bark was already boiled down( the water that came from that boil was used for another project) there really wasnt much left to be pulled

MagikVenom
#7 Posted : 7/18/2009 12:35:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried lime using the dry tech and then pulling with naptha. So I guess you would make your powder MHRB lime paste then work it a bit then pull with naptha. The naptha may just mix with the MHRB/lime past mix and not seperate.

I am curious because I have not yet picked up orange oil but would like to see if the lime/dry tech will work with naptha to provide a cleaned product.

I could just mix some lime and water into a paste an put it in some naptha to see what happens anyone tried this yet?

I usually run standard AB and recrystal or a standard STB then recystalize so I am lot lazy just looking for a new better way. I usually seperate my first pull and process it seperately because this is nice and clean then proceed as normal with the pooled pulls.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

M.V.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 7/18/2009 1:45:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
Has anyone tried lime using the dry tech and then pulling with naptha.

I am curious because I have not yet picked up orange oil but would like to see if the lime/dry tech will work with naptha to provide a cleaned product
Any thoughts anyone?

Kind of....

Check this out!! (D-Limonene/FASW tek is at the beginning of the thread.)

Explanation here.

Not exactly what your talking about, but pretty close & very, very easy!!

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!