We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporizing Harmala Alkaloids Options

ibeing897
#1 Posted : 7/17/2009 3:52:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for the cool forum, really enjoy reading it and SWIM has learned a lot, had some success, some failure, but it's all good... this is actually my first post... SWIM has been vaporizing his spice for a while now using the Volcano vaporizer, SWIM finds this to be great, really efficient, potent..... but SWIM recently extracted some hamala alkaloid freebase from syrian rue, and is wondering does anyone have experience vaporizing this freebase... I've heard it's smokable but I've never actually read any reports... can anyone tell SWIM what to expect? is it a good idea? or any tips for usage/dosage with regards the volcano and spice?
all posts are fictional

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

reflexion
#2 Posted : 7/17/2009 6:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

which heat setting do you use when vaporizing spice?
i would assume that it would melt and drip through the botoom screen? how do you prvent this from happening?

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 7/17/2009 8:00:48 PM

The Great Namah

Vaporized harmala freebased alkaloids works well.

I've never vaporized, rather just smoked out of a bowl...so I can't give you any temps.

It will work. It comes on fast, but it is not very strong. Don't overdo it, you don't need 200mgs if you are vaporizing, that's an oral dose. The effects last about 45minutes to an hour. You might notice some very light trails, you might feel a little sedate...maybe euphoric...it really depends on the person. 50mgs vaporized by itself it not a very remarkable experience.

50-75mgs of harmine, or 50-75mgs of rue extracted alkaloids works very well for me. If you plan on smoking spice right after, there is no lag time...as soon as you feel the harmine you can smoke your spice for a long, slower voyage. It can be very nice.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 7/18/2009 9:38:29 PM

Derek

acolon_5 wrote:

50-750mgs of harmine

WHOA! he means 50-75 im pretty sure people!
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

ibeing897
#5 Posted : 7/19/2009 6:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the replies, I'm glad I asked... gonna try soon and will post a report asap.

In regards the volcano dripping and temperature, the liquid hasn't been a problem for SWIM... well, it was a problem the first time he tried it but that was because he didn't use a liquid filter and the crystals were big chunky ones that were not from extracts, the freebase extracts don't seem to drip as much... but it is something to consider, the newer volcanos come with wire liquid filters that work great, but often SWIM just uses a bed of herbs that have already been vaped... in regards temperature, SWIM's vaped at everything from the 6 dial upwards, all have been fine, very fast vaping, I presume it could go even lower... I dont know if it matters cuz there is a limit to how hot the chamber can get and I think it's ideal anyway.

Something to note as advantage to the volcano is that nasty stuff like lye doesnt vaporise until later, but if you're gonna use a bed of herbs, you should probably trash the herbs afterwards, SWIM had gotten into the habit of saving leftovers and in this case, probably not worth it.

Yeah, the volcano experience with the spice has been great, it's ultra efficient so SWIM's been able to the refine effective dosage right down to the milligram, as an experiment swim ramped up dosage 1mg at a time to see when breakthrough would occur, and to his surprise he didnt notice the cutoff between actually reality and spice reality, SWIM kinda expected it to be a kinda tear from one stage to the next (eh... or something), SWIM didnt even realise the spice had taken over... and although SWIM has not experienced it himself, many friends have noted a qualitative difference between regular and vaped spiced... obviously this is speculative, but one could imagine spice being damaged by heat or simply less waste. I can tell you the first time SWIM smoked spice was in a bong and it was kinda lame, cuz he actually passed out standing up... stupid thing to do, cuz SWIM knew better from trip reports.

I guess the potency question is what SWIM's most concerned about with harmala alkaloids, I'm guessing the effect will be stronger if anything, so SWIM will use the recommended dosages. I wonder what differences there are between vaping the two extracts seperately or together and at what intervals... experiment SWIM thinks. Thanks again guys.
all posts are fictional

69ron
#6 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:03:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
50-750mgs of harmine, or 50-75mgs of rue extracted alkaloids works very well for me.

According to all the references I have, harmine decomposes and doesn't vaporize. Maybe it's decomposition product is active?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:38:32 PM

The Great Namah

psychosisdoses wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

50-750mgs of harmine

WHOA! he means 50-75 im pretty sure people!

YES I surely did mean 75mgs. DO NOT VAPORIZE 750mg of harmine unless you want to be VERY sick for 6-8hrs.

69ron wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:
50-750mgs of harmine, or 50-75mgs of rue extracted alkaloids works very well for me.

According to all the references I have, harmine decomposes and doesn't vaporize. Maybe it's decomposition product is active?

?

I just know that every rue extract I have made in freebase form has worked very well when put in a leaf bed and smoked. Typical rue feeling. I have NOT tried to vaporize pure harmine freebase by itself, so I probably should not have commented on that personally...no wait I have...when I first got in my harmine freebase I smoked a bit of it. It was active. I did not smoke dmt with it, just the harmine freebase.

However, rue extract made via Manske extraction cleaned up with an A/B has always vaporized just fine for me and is certianly active and will potentiate vaporized DMT as good as, if not better than, sublingual harmine.

Anyone want to try vaporizing just harmine and reporting back???
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.