We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
citrus sinensis alkaloid content Options

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#1 Posted : 6/16/2014 5:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so swim came across this article
http://the-nexian.me/hom...ture-huge-amounts-of-dmt

Big grin

so swim googled a bit, but did not find anything else about it.
so could anyone provide references, alkaloid contents of the many parts from the plant, etc....

thank you Smile
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Morris Crowley
#2 Posted : 6/16/2014 9:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reference is in the article. Also in this thread. Reference #1 from within that paper (by the same research group) is also worth a look. They say orange juice and lemon juice contained about the same concentration of DMT as they reported from bergamot juice (0.03-0.05 mg/kg) though they don't seem to have formally published that data.
Follow me on Twitter (@morris_crowley) and on Facebook

Help us grow The Nexian

anrchy
#3 Posted : 6/16/2014 10:49:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious about the possibility of a larger amount of dmt present in other parts of the citrus plants that were not analyzed.

I assume that mimosa hostilis leaves contain small amounts of DMT yet not enough to be viable for extraction. Maybe citrus trees have larger amounts contained in the inner bark.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 6/17/2014 2:51:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Regardless of how you feel about the war on drugs, this issue should cause you serious concern. The Controlled Substances Act is written in a way that makes all sorts of mundane materials illegal. It’s not just orange trees; depending on where you live, there is a reasonable chance that the grass in your lawn contains Schedule I substances. In fact, so many materials contain detectable quantities of controlled substances that nearly everyone is breaking the law all the time.

Yes, true! Laughing

More interesting info.

https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/orange.html

Quote:
Volatile properties include: ethyl, isoamyl and phenylethyl alcohols; acetone; acetaldehyde; formic acid; esters of formic, acetic and caprylic acids; geraniol and terpineol. The juice also contains b-sitosteryl-D-glucoside and b-sitosterol.

Quote:
Orange Peel Oil d-limonene (90%); citral; citranellal; methyl ester of anthranilic acid; decyclic aldehyde; linalool; d-l-terpineol; nonyl alcohol; methyl anthranilate; and traces of caprilic acid esters.

Quote:
The inner bark, macerated and infused in wine, is taken as a tonic and carminative

I'm happy the leaves and seeds have been discovered. I've found no information regarding inner bark constitutes, however.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#5 Posted : 6/17/2014 8:09:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you! this is really interesting! althou its not the most abundant source of dmt, it sure has an interesting coctail!
MultiDimensionalTherapy attached the following image(s):
111.jpg (137kb) downloaded 138 time(s).
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

BringsUsTogether
#6 Posted : 6/19/2014 12:40:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the most exciting thing I've read in a long time!!!! Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

I'm gonna make a flyer

MelCat
#7 Posted : 6/19/2014 7:37:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny how citrus provides nn-dmt and d-limo in one shot.
The Universe definitely has a sense of humor.

Curious - Does anyone have any info regarding nnn-trimethyltryptamine? Appears to be pretty abundant; especially if it is active. Might be worth exploring further.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

endlessness
#8 Posted : 6/19/2014 10:30:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Should be inactive, from what I understand quaternary salts do not cross the blood brain barrier.

anrchy
#9 Posted : 6/19/2014 10:42:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MelCat wrote:
Funny how citrus provides nn-dmt and d-limo in one shot.
The Universe definitely has a sense of humor.

Curious - Does anyone have any info regarding nnn-trimethyltryptamine? Appears to be pretty abundant; especially if it is active. Might be worth exploring further.

Tmt is a quaternary amine AFAIK. Which doesn't allow it to pass the blood brain barrier. I've been reading about quats to try an get a better understanding. I also loosely read that it's possible to change Tmt into dmt.

If only citrus plants had higher amounts you could just blend and pull Big grin
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]